• 635 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9073 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Run From The Beast

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Explodernator343, Mar 27, 2019.

?

Mineplex should consider adding Run From The Beast

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but elaborate more on detail

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. No, but maybe in the future

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Mineplex over the years has been known for it's ability to create unique games. It is was made them have an enormous player base years ago. It is pretty evident that the player count (notably on Java Edition) has been declining for years. One cool game idea is Run from the Beast. This game is as follows: Players run through a parkour map to get to chests at the end of the map, to get gear to fight the beast. The beast spawns in 30 seconds after the players, forcing the player to have to outrun the beast before the beast catches them. This gamemode was pretty popular back then, but is virtually dead among all servers. Mineplex could revive this gamemode, and maybe use some of the classic maps (assuming they are still downloadable). The game sounds simple, but was a lot of fun. It is a shame that the gamemode died and it should be given justice and brought back. let me know what you think. They are still probably old videos up about run from the beast, so if you want to get a better idea of the gamemode, go check it out!

Posted Mar 27, 2019
  2. Hey there!

While this does sound like a cool and ambitious idea, I believe you haven't talked really much about the game itself and how to play it as your post lacks details and further depth. Obviously there's the simple goal of doing parkour and defeating the beast, however, you did not go into further depth of the game content, other core objectives, what makes the game unique, etc.
    While you've mentioned the simple objectives, what other objectives might there be? What makes this game particularly unique and challenging?
    I would recommend that you consider the following questions:

What kits can the game have?
    What further challenges can be introduced as an additional feature towards the game?
    What makes the game unique compared to other games?
    Why would this game be fun?

In addition, you've noted that this game "is virtually dead among all servers." Do you think this is something worth noting. Take that into consideration as well; would a game that is dead on other popular servers provide for a unique and fun game for Mineplex to implement? What could you do to improve upon its concept to make it feel better?

Overall, the idea is there but the concepts are non-existent. I would recommend you think thoroughly for a bit longer. Think about what ideas and features you could add to provide more depth towards a game like this. Also consider how you can make this game more unique and enjoyable considering it's "dead among all servers."

Hopefully my feedback proves to be useful! :)
    ~ Shotty

Posted Mar 27, 2019
  3. Hey,

This sounds like 'Dragon Escape'. In my honest opinion, I don't see why they would add an entirely new gamemode which is so similar- the only difference being you collect gear along the way and attempt to kill the dragon. If this is something that the majority of the community want, I don't see why it couldn't be taken into consideration to update the current gamemode. However, I barely see people play it nowadays, it's mainly on MPS.

Posted Mar 28, 2019
  4. I like where you're coming from. You have great intentions upon this server, but you need to be more in-depth with your explanation of how the game works.

As mentioned by @Shotgun_Master, what are some kits to go with this game? Will it be a Nano Game? Which achievements could be added to make players want to play this game?

Also, we already have a game similar to Run From the Beast, and that is Dragon Escape. The only difference seems to be that you collect gear along the way. Maybe this could be an alteration of Dragon Escape?

I'm going to give this a +0.5 for now, but that number is subject to change based upon a further explanation of your game idea.

Posted Mar 28, 2019
  5. I like the concept of the idea to add a gamemode that was popular. I remember the old custom gamemode 5 years ago since when I first watched their video from YouTube. However, what they said above is that you need to have a full depth of how does the gameplay works. You will need to go in-depth about the kits and the abilities.

Although, Run From The Beast is similar to the “Dragons Escape” so I do not think add to the similar game will work in the server.

Posted Mar 28, 2019
  6. Imo, this gamemode sounds similar to Dragon Escape, so I don't know how well it will fit. I think it would be cool if we added this gamemode but with a player playing as the beast so that it would make it more fun and interesting.

Posted Mar 28, 2019