• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8417 Players Online
  • 5527 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Rupture Glitching PUNISHABLE??

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Stormiiee, Jan 12, 2020.

?

Should rupture glitching people be bannable? (Ice prision and then arctic ice then rupture}

1. Yes

54.2%
  2. No

45.8%
  1. SHOULD RUpture Glitching be punishable?

I Do believe it should be punishable because if you look at it from every aspect it's technically glitching... Whats your thoughts let me know!

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    L1ghtn1ngMaster and GAM like this.
  2. My post that was here was not meant for Java edition so I edited this message in its place.

Posted Jan 12, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 12, 2020
  3. Yeah, well, this isn't Bedrock. Please pay attention to where you are posting before posting :(

It's not necessarily glitching. If it was glitching, then it would be punishable. If you were to refer to this as glitching, then Lightning Orb, Ice Prison, Scepter etc would all be considered glitching as well. As for what you are referring to, I'd say it's fair for forcing players out of their base with Rupture to be punishable. Merely ice prisoning someone is not enough to force them out, so that should remain, but in my opinion using rupture to force them out should not.

For now, just place signs, ladders etc to combat this while we wait for CM to reach a verdict.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  4. I miss understood the topic of this thread and this post also didn’t correspond to the thread topic.

Posted Jan 12, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 13, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  5. No, it’s literally not the same thing at all. Rupture is a champions ability that has the ability to push people out of their bases given the correct circumstances. These are two completely different topics. Anyway, I’m not the person to apologize to as I’m not staff, and I honestly don’t mind. You corrected your mistake, so thanks for that. :)

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  6. Staff wouldn’t care lol, I was just being professional. This apparently is a different type of Rupture glitching then what I was thinking of. I was just saying stuff about the Rupture glitching bug and other ways it can happen. I never heard of this ability. Well I know now.

Posted Jan 12, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 13, 2020
  7. Disclaimer: Rupture is an ability in the champions game modes (java only).

Coming from someone who plays a lot of rupture mage, there is no correlation between hacking and rupture glitching (poor choice of a glitch name to be honest). What Xion is referring to is a bug with Arctic Armor and any type of ability that can deal knockback through walls. The bug happens when suffocating players with ice prison and enabling arctic armor. As of the June 2018 update, Arctic Armor now pushes affected players on top of arctic ice in order to prevent block swimming (another bug, now patched). When you suffocate a player with ice prison and enable arctic armor they will usually suffocate and die; However, if you deal enough knockback they can be hit above the arctic ice threshold and will be pushed on top of the ice block they are currently suffocating in. Continuing to deal knockback to these players can result in them being forcibly pushed outside of their bases which is the issue the OP was talking about. It currently isn't a punishable offense to "rupture glitch" someone out of their base, but it's been a debated topic amongst CM about whether to implement a rule on this bug or not. This bug can also be triggered with a wide range of abilities that deal AOE knockback which could make it difficult to enforce.

Not quite relevant to the post:

"rubber banding through blocks", not quite... Rubber banding won't cause a player to be pushed through a block. Caught it in? Maybe, but not pushed through.
    "Antvenom talks about similar glitches", not entirely sure why this was mentioned..?

Edit: just saw your most recent reply and thought I'd answer those questions. No, this was not an intended feature and the correct people have been made aware of this bug for a little while now.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  8. Thank you but he already explained to me what he meant. I though he was talking about Rupture glitching bugs. But with some hack clients you have the ability to rupture glitch. Also, I have videos that prove rubber banding can cause a player to glitch through blocks. I know someone who rubber banded through the ground into the void. I mentioned antvenom because he does lot of videos on these types of topics before I realized this is a feature not a problem.

Posted Jan 13, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 13, 2020
  9. I've played clans for awhile now and constantly use void rupture mage. What was said above is completely right, the issue is with ice prison and arctic armor mechanics. I don't think any of them should be punishable though as it's not hard to safeguard your base against these tactics. All you have to do is build a straight wall along your moat so the ice prison falls into your moat instead of activating where you are located.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  10. Right. Water bucketing shouldn’t have been punishable because you could place your chests in water. :happyt3:

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  11. When I was drafting my post I was initially going to compare this to other known controversies from the past, such as defensive stance, illusion invisibility, and water bucketing XD. However, I am quite aware that water bucketing wasn't intended when players started to abuse it and there was no real way of defending against it. With rupture, it is easily correctable and it's not necessarily the rupture mechanic but rather the abilities that allow rupture to cause the "glitch." Rupture still behaves entirely as intended but ice prison and arctic armor do not. Fix those, not rupture.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    Jarif likes this.
  12. (there was a counter to bucketing by the way)
    I understand. What I was trying to say was that just because you can defend yourself from glitches does not mean they should not be punishable. That's like saying that hackers shouldn't get banned because you can still kill them. As for the misnamed "rupture glitch", you're right. Fixing arctic armor should be the priority, and for now instead of "using rupture" to pull people out, just

"Using any ability or item (maul) that does KB"

but worded better would work as a rule in my opinion.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    KyloRen1010 and GAM like this.
  13. I think it’s okay until people sit at your base for 2 hours strait doing it and if you try to c home you can’t since blocks are in the way. Even when the blocks disappear by that point a new mage can do it to you again.

Posted Jan 14, 2020