• 1996 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1996 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Safe Teleports

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Free urjustmadlol, Aug 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Safe Teleports. They're safe and they teleport.
    Enderpearls aren't always reliable to save yourself from falling in a game, and I feel like this would be better.
    If this was implemented here are some ideas
    - Costs either 20 or 24 emeralds
    - When you knock a player off you get notified in chat that the player used a safe teleport
    - Safe teleports have a 30 second cooldown
    Epic.

Posted Aug 2, 2019
  2. Hey there.

This is an interesting concept but how would they work? Like the skyblock air kit?

Personally, this seems like it'd just make the games a lot longer and a little unfair as hitting people into the void is a viable way to get the kill, especially if you knock off someone who outgears you.

In my opinion this would make cake rot games a lot longer since usually both teams (or more) are tanked up and getting a void kill can change the pace of the game completely.

Even though most of the time I'm blind and walk into holes in the map I'm still going to say -1 from me.

~ Zom

Posted Aug 2, 2019
  3. I remember this was an item during a Cakewars event called Sugar Rush, and the item wasn't received well by the competitive community. Like @Zomaholic said, players are often overloaded on resources by late game, so even with the 30-second cooldown it might not be all that useful. Overall, a -1 from me.

Posted Aug 2, 2019
  4. I have to agree with the above players. Imagine a scenario in which there are two teams. One team, let's say Red, has had mid the entire game, has all upgrades, full diamond. The other team, Blue, has not had mid for more than a few minutes. They only have prot 1, and only some players have diamond armor. If both teams have a cake and Red decides to rush Blue, currently, the best shot Blue has at surviving the attack is to hit Red off the map. Remember that Red already had all upgrades and is fully geared. If the item you are suggesting was possible to purchase, each member of Red would essentially have two lives, and the Blue team really wouldn't have any viable tactic to survive the invasion.

I don't feel that this is a balanced item as it makes the void something you don't have to worry about at all, but worrying about the void is one of the exciting parts of the game. This is one of a few games that uses the void as a part of gameplay. The save item works in Skywars because it is part of a kit, not something everyone can use, and it's also one time use. I'm not saying I think this should be introduced as a kit in CW, I'm just comparing how it's different in Sky.

Overall I disagree with this idea and I think it would make the game more frustrating for teams that aren't dominating, and easier for the teams that are. Both of those are negative, as I think there should always be some sort of chance for a struggling team to make a comeback, and I think if you're dominating there should still be something you need to worry about//can't plan for.

Posted Aug 2, 2019
  5. I disagree. I don't think they should add safe teleport for several reasons. First of all, being able to knock someone off without them teleporting back up is extremely useful when up against a stacked opponent or several people. If they added this, people wouldn't be able to use that strategy which is one of the most effective ways to clutch.

Posted Aug 2, 2019
  6. Heyo!

Thank you for the thread!

Unfortunately, GI has denied this idea with the following reasoning:
    • Not necessary because respawning is available. Would be a Rune of Holding that is cheaper but more overpowered.
    • Ender pearls are in the game and do the same thing with a higher skill component.
    • Use of item to save yourself after cake gets eaten defeats the purpose of having a cake to protect.

Thanks for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned - Denied By GI

Posted Oct 26, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.