• 2223 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4802 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Sam the slime improvement!

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jango_55, Dec 13, 2019.

?

Do you like the Idea

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Do a little "fixin" to it (Preferably put input into the reply section)

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. The idea here is that our SqUiShY (don't ask) friend to be fixed up. How? Simply change the current system to something similar to the lovely advent system going on right now. Every day a new challenge is put out and if every challenge is completed on the day it was put out, you obtain a bonus at the end of the each month that, that was done, whatever it may be.

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  2. I'm the first to this idea but I agree. While the Missions Slime is very underused as of right now I feel like if some buffs and QoL changes, just like this one are added we might be able to get more people taking part in them which would be great for the server and also increase the time that people want to be playing games and filling up lobbies!

I think that while this is simple it would encourage things, maybe even a title for doing enough missions early or some kind of streak system like Carl? Titles on the line always seem to drive people to want to go ahead and do some kind of reward or challenge! A good idea nevertheless.

+1

Posted Dec 13, 2019
    BreadIV and Jango_55 like this.
  3. Yes please! Something like the Advent Calender would be really nice! Maybe a tier title for the streak you've gotten or something? There are a lot of possibilities with this idea!
    +1
    Have a good day/night!

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  4. rather than giving you the rewards at the end of the month there should be a streak that increases (similar to the daily reward) every time you complete a challenge. another thing that would be nice if you could pick from one of 5 missions and imo the weekly missions should stay. otherwise i agree with your idea
    +1

Posted Dec 14, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  5. Hi,

I agree. Sam the Slime gives out missions that I often don't complete and don't even give good rewards most of the time. The only reason I ever use sam the slime in most cases is because of holiday events, and otherwise, it doesn't provide much of use. For example, one of the current rewards I have is to craft a golden shovel in survival games. This gives 150 xp, 262 shards, and 75 gems. Why would I ever join a game just to get this reward? Sam the Slime is more so a side thing to do, and I understand that, but when it gives rewards that aren't really worth it I never bother looking at it. Having a more organized platform for Sam the Slime would be very beneficial and encourage more diversity in what people play, similar to the advent platform for the holidays. Huge +1, thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Dec 14, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  6. Hey!
    Honestly, I really like this idea! I remember when Sam the Slime was initially released onto Mineplex, I was super excited! I really liked the idea of being encouraged to play games that you normally wouldn't play very often, which is one of my favorite aspects of the advent calendar! However I agree that have rewards stack would encourage players to continuously complete missions! I could see this working in two different ways.

The first being much like Carl the Creeper. Rewards stack and slowing give more and more to players to complete them on a daily basis. I think this would work well, however my main issue would be motivation. If a player had a really large streak and it broke, they may not feel motivated to try to regain their streak. However, I definitely feel that this would encourage players to see how high they could get their streaks and offer more rewards for completing missions.

The other option is much like how the current advent system works now: a large reward at the end of the month for completing challenges. I think this would encourage players to complete challenges without dissuading players who had large streaks that broke from jumping back in.

Overall, I think this is a wonderful idea! I agree that rewards from Sam the Slime could be increased, and I think that either of these systems would work! +1 from me.

Posted Dec 14, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  7. Hello,
    I certainly agree that Sam the Slime is in desperate need of some improvements/reworks, as it goes very unused as of now. Although I am not sure this advent calendar type setup would be the best for Sam the Slime, some new system that attracts players more is needed. I like how you suggested the rewards could be set up similar in a daily/monthly challenge/reward fashion. I think that addresses one of the biggest lacking areas of Sam the Slime: not having a deadline/incentive to complete missions hastily. I think a mix of the suggestions you gave along with perhaps some titles and other perks as @Oscaros_ mentioned would really make Sam the Slime vital for players to utilize. Of course, there are several other threads proposing suggestions for Sam the Slime, so I hope all are taken into consideration if a rework is to occur. Thank you for contributing this, it is a +1 from me! Have a nice day!

Posted Dec 14, 2019
    BreadIV, Jango_55 and Oscaros_ like this.
  8. I don't agree with this. The current advent system is special to Christmas time, and with its success, it'll probably come back next year as well. Having Sam the Slime be the same as the advent system just makes the advent a winter-themed Sam, which isn't ideal. Additionally, players would want to see special cosmetics as these final rewards, which means it's adding on more cosmetics to make on a monthly basis. PPC cosmetics are already enough to get monthly, and this would just pile more work on Sobki that could be going to game updates, etc. The current mission system is fine for me, with Daily, Weekly, and sometimes the special Event Missions as well. It's a balanced system and I don't think to change it would help out that much.

Posted Dec 14, 2019
  9. Hello!

I love the idea of changing up the missions from Sam the Slime to something similar to the advent calendar currently! I do believe that the missions from Sam the Slime are barley ever taken into consideration in completing the challenges Sam has to offer.

I believe that the way that the challenges are brought to us players could definitely become better. I am sure we have all seen the missions given by Sam, but hardly ever do them for several reasons.These reasons could change if the system was more like an advent calendar. However, there would be no calendar. It would be endless. I think changing it to something similar could potentially bring more players to do the challenges/missions given by Sam. To even make Sam more attracting. There could be more unique rewards than just shards and gems. One of the main reasons why players do not really take on the challenges brought from Sam. Is because players could still play their favorite game, and yes it might take longer to get as much as a reward as Sam offers, but could eventually get as much as a reward given by Sam just by playing their favorite game. This could be improved by adding more unique and different items as rewards!

Overall, I think that Sam the Slime could definitely improve in many different ways. However, this is a great place to start improving Sam. Saying this, I will be giving this idea to improve Sam the Slime a +1.

Posted Dec 14, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  10. I think this could really help actually. Like already stated, the current mission slime isn't really used as much and the rewards aren't as appealing to people especially those of higher levels. Instead, maybe implementing a system such as this could possibly increase the number of players doing missions.

If we were to have an advent like system, it would have to have good rewards that make it worth doing it every day it comes out. I just don't think it should be as good as a diamond sword name because those are exclusive and it makes sense it's being used for a Christmas advent since Christmas is only once a year. Rewards could be like a special particle, a special title, some chest, etc. I like the idea and It could work well. +1

Posted Dec 14, 2019
    BreadIV and Jango_55 like this.
  11. Heyo!

I totally agree! Sam the Slime really needs a buff/improvement. I think doing something similar to the advent calendar going on right now would be great for Sam. It would really encourage players more to do the missions as not a lot of people use Sam the Slime anymore. Great idea!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  12. I love this idea! I personally never use Same as I don't see much point it in because it's the same missions everyday and It's tiring. I would love to see new missions everyday with different difficulties and rewards, that sounds like something I would love to do everyday! It would also be nice to have the hype of seeing a new mission each and everyday not knowing what mission it'll be or what rewards you can earn from it! Huge fan of this idea great suggestion! +1

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!
    --- Post updated ---
    My bad I meant Sam in the first sentence not Same... whoops

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  13. This is a great thought! I agree because people may not have the skills to do all of the missions for that period of time. If the missions could be in categories, (e.g. Peaceful, Aggressive, Lobby, Special) that would be great! The mission categories are self-explanatory; Peaceful meaning games that have no PvP, Aggressive having PvP games, Lobby having lobby-only missions, and Special missions for events like the Halloween event. I give this improvement idea a +1

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  14. Hey!

I like the idea of changing Sam the Slime into a system similar to the current advent calendar. However, the rewards and types of challenges may be difficult to organize considering the advent calendar is specific to Chrismas and a special event. Sam the Slime achievements shouldn't hold nearly the same weight or value as the advent calendar challenges. As well as, creating daily challenges for long periods of time may prove difficult. There is more that would need to be put into the system, in order for it to work properly. Though it is a good idea and could work. I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  15. Hellooo!

I like the base of this idea! Some changes to Sam The Slime would definitely be ideal, as the current system does not get much attention. Some sort of limit-type thing as others mentioned as far as time goes would definitely be nice, as well as having a streak for challenges completed, and a reward at the end of a time-period (for example a month) for keeping said streak would be good.

An idea for as far as rewards for streaks goes:
    If you have a streak of 5-10 days by the end of the month, you earn 5000 gems and 5000 shards
    If you have a streak of 11-15 days by the end of the month, you earn 6000 gems and 6000 shards
    If you have a streak of 16-20 days by the end of the month, you earn 7000 gems and 7000 shards
    If you have a streak of 21-25 days by the end of the month, you earn 8000 gems and 8000 shards
    If you have a streak of 26+ days by the end of the month, you earn 10000 gems and 10000 shards
    (Of course the numbers could be different, just thought I'd give some numbers)

Having the rewards be shards and gems addresses the problem that @Jaekub foresaw, which was having to create special cosmetic rewards for the streak. This way, players are still rewarded for completing the missions and new cosmetics don't have to be developed every month for it!

Have a good day, thanks for suggesting!

Posted Dec 15, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  16. Hello!

Although I cannot decide which side I am ultimately on, I do have some thoughts I’d like to share. First of all, I agree that Sam the Slime’s mission system can be a bit bland sometimes. It’s pretty straightforward, rewards can be small, and it seems like an additional feature that no one really asked for. I think either some sort of buff to the rewards or change in the system would not be out of line and might actually serve to help the system out a bit more to gain popularity and use. However, I personally never use this system. I’m not really in Mineplex for the rewards, and I think that I can speak for at least a couple other players in saying that completing these just feels like a chore. It can be a bit tedious at times to redirect my focus from one game I enjoy to another just for the sake of like 500 gems, and it’s something I rarely find myself doing. That being said, I don’t really think this idea would be the best priority right now. I think that possibly buffing the rewards a good bit would help the system to gain use and purpose, but even then it’s an overlooked mob in games and tends to just be more of a pain than something special. Even though a lot of players benefit from it and enjoy it, it was only really fun the first week or so it was out and then everyone forgot about it.

Also, like @Jaekub said, mimicking the advent calendar’s system takes away from the specialness of the idea. Seeing as how it’s something seasonal and new, I’m sure it would be better if it was just kept unique to the advent calendar instead of putting similar ideas in place with Sam the Slime or Carl the Creeper. I think given the history with Mineplex the advent calendar will return next year almost identical to what it was this year given the success and making it a full time thing with Sam takes away from it being unique and drains people’s general interest in it. By the time we get to Christmas next year practically no one would care nearly as much as they do now and the whole idea would be relatively overlooked.

Ultimately, I think I lean more on the side of just leaving the Slime alone, but I could see the benefit of improving the system so I’ll leave this as -.5

Posted Dec 16, 2019
  17. I'm in the middle on this idea. I totally agree that a lot of Sam the Slime achievements can be really disappointing considering how few rewards there are for all of the missions that people need to do. From my experience, it just seems like a thing that if you happen to get, great, but nobody goes out of their way to do the missions like they do for advent calendar ones. I think that increasing the rewards that players get would be an easy way to fix how underused it is and not take that much development time.

However, I am not agreeing with the part of making a daily challenge for Sam the Slime. The advent calendar that we have for the holidays this year took a lot of work to make. I feel like making a new challenge each day would eventually lead to challenges that players are not having fun with and turn into Sam the Slime missions as they are currently.

I do agree with some of the replies above me saying that it could be more used if it were to be similar to Carl the Creeper by adding in streaks. I think that this in addition to making it so that the rewards get greater and great as you go on longer would keep more people doing the missions and not make it so that we need to keep coming up with new ideas for the challenges.

Posted Dec 17, 2019