• 2331 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10976 Players Online
  • 8645 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survey Schooling?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Thexs, Apr 4, 2020.

?

Preferred schooling

1. In-person

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Online

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Doesn't completely matter to me.

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Personally, I've been enjoying the online schooling much more than the in-school learning. Though, It is harder to pay attention lots of the time because of all the distractions. Which kind of schooling has been more attractive to you over the other?

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  2. I totally agree with you but I feel like if I did online school I would not have a social life at all. Is it different for you or do you have a social life with lots of friends, or a handful of you still talk to within a monthly day basis.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
    Thexs likes this.
  3. I prefer in person school, I like being able to have that in person interaction with people, and being able to be around my friends. I’d much rather be in school with my friends than cooped up at home without them

Posted Apr 4, 2020
    Thexs likes this.
  4. In-person, I miss the interaction too much.

Our teachers have assumed we can do almost triple the work we'd ever get done in one day. Furthermore, if it gets to a point where my school starts doing video calls, I will weep profusely and drop out. :')

Posted Apr 4, 2020
    Thexs likes this.
  5. Heyo!

Personally I like in-person school more than online school, because in online school it is quite hard to focus due to the fact that I can just open Minecraft and start playing video games whenever I want, and online school can get quite boring because your technically just listening to hours of teachers lecturing you, but in in-person you can’t just get on your computer and start playing video games and stuff, and there are more interactions in in-person school so your not just listening to a bunch of teachers lecturing you.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  6. Good day, Thexs!

Going into the career of the performance arts, in-person classes are the best approach to take other than online. This is because I can rehearse and memorize vividly better than on can online. Currently, a production that I’m in, we have to run through lines until we figure out a way to perform our show. Doing this over and over again can feel draining and sometimes even boring. But nevertheless, I still manage to get through it.

Friends of mine that are currently in college for Theatre, they are at a loss. With the spread of the COVID-19 Virus, all of their productions got canceled and they’re forced to do online classes. To study Theatre online is the most boring thing they tell me as you don’t get to interact. And I can see where they’re coming from. Anyways, I enjoy In-person classes better.

Thank you,
    FabianTuck

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  7. It’s unique to say the least , I’m not doing as much effort in as we still don’t know if we have exams or not

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  8. Hey there!

I personally think that in-person schooling is better. Normal in-person classes are barely cohesive enough for me, and the online classes add another layer of this. As such, I still prefer in-person schooling.

Also, for online classes, you bump into so many problems such as someone's microphone is being too soft/loud, a lousy and unstable connection, people with inappropriate names/pictures, 3 PEOPLE talking in one go so you can't really tell who is speaking or make out the words etc. The list of problems goes on and on, and online classes are truly something that deserves to be hated on.

VernCow~

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  9. Personally, I enjoyed in-person schooling.There are many factors that lead to this opinion. Firstly, when I attend school I’m able to get in touch with my friends in-person. Whereas with online school, I’m able to do so, but it’s harder to imagine I’m actually speaking with whom I am talking to. Apart from that, I feel like I receive a plethora of workload with online schooling that I would not normally obtain if I were attending the classes in-person. Not only that, but communication is limited with online schooling. Also, I tend to find myself getting distracted with online schooling, as the temptation to do otherwise is sometimes too great. There really aren’t any distractions with in-person schooling. In my eyes, it’s an overall better experience to attend actual school oppose to online school. ​

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  10. Online is fun and leaves you a lot of free time, but honestly would rather have in person classes. With online I tend to get distracted a lot, plus I miss talking to friends at school and walking around the campus. Although I am happy I am not attending one in person highschool class where I disliked the teacher, that's the only one is prefer all online.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  11. I personally prefer online schooling because I am extremely introverted so online school removes social stress. However, the quarantine has been a rough time for everybody around the world and it really makes me appreciative of everything that I have.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  12. I prefer in-person schooling because I can get a better understanding of a topic. Quite a lot of my teachers aren't doing video lessons either, so it's just doing worksheets and making notes, which is really boring. On the other hand, I do get distracted but to be fair I zone out and nearly fall asleep in boring in-person classes, or when I'm tired, so I guess that balances out. I'm having trouble doing the homework set and after a 'school day' ends, I just end up not being productive.
    School is also pretty much the only reason I actually have friends and calls just aren't the same.

On the plus side, online lessons are less stressful; a few in-person classes feel particularly competitive. I also don't have to travel, which saves a ton of time. I also really like having more alone time to chill and of course, more time to sleep :)

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  13. Both of them have their own pros and cons like if u chose inline then boom no social lifeandif u chose in person then u don't get to do the outlets fun things u would do while online or for those of u who are more serious there are more distractions in person.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  14. A lot of people have mentioned missing their social lives, which I totally get, but I feel like that's more of an issue of the quarantine itself as opposed to online school. I have plenty of friends who I would engage with IRL even if my education was online, but the main issue for me with online education is distraction. I have ADHD, which makes it already difficult to focus in classes. Maintaining attention while operating on only online classes is a real struggle for me that I'm working pretty hard to manage right now. In general, it's harder to create accessibility for all varieties of differently abled students online, which I think is a huge reason why in person schooling is much more beneficial to fostering a positive learning environment.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  15. I prefer actually sitting down in a class instead of doing work online. The main reason why, is so that I could actually meet and chill with my friends. Along with that, I usually lose track of time, so most of my work might be submitted a day or more late.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  16. hah i dont have school till may 4 and i dont have any work to do :D I'M A HAPPY MUFFIN

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  17. Hey!

I prefer in-person schooling over online. I get pretty distracted while doing work at home so I'm a lot more productive at school. I don't really like having to go through lessons on my own either, my teachers usually do a good job at explaining the content that we're learning at school while also making it interesting. Also if I'm ever confused or stuck on a question, I have to email my teachers and I usually don't get a response until a few hours or even a day. I definitely miss being able to see my friends and interacting with my peers.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  18. I would rather prefer in person school than online school because I get to see all my friends, and I get to talk to them, but as long as i'm getting educated it doesn't really matter how I learn. Since my online school has started I've been doing very well in school because of how much easier online school is than regular school, I have teachers letting me use my book for quizzes and other helpful things. Online school is easier, but in person school is more enjoyable!

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  19. This thread is boring

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  20. Good topic.

Like most people, I'm an in-person schooling kind of guy. Also like most people, I find online schooling distracting. On the computer I'm constantly bombarded with G-Mail, Discord, Forums, Reddit and otherwise notifications which make it unnecessarily difficult to learn. When I'm in school, it's as simple as putting the phone away. Everyone else does too, so there's nothing to focus on BUT learning.

At home, especially in these uncertain times, the house is always busy and there are a plethora of distractions from my phone, computer, and even the people around me.

That being said, there is a certain allure to online-schooling. I've appreciated the extra time I have, and I tend to be a visual learner... something that the constant diagrams have helped with (most of our course material has been made visual and easy to follow for that matter, because our school board doesn't do online Zoom conferences and such). I also believe that it hurts us in the and, as it's a double edged sword.

While yes, you don't have to do as much work with online-schooling, it also means you don't solidify your knowledge, and that can come back to bite you in the long run.

Whether your preferred schooling method is in-person or online though, one thing's for certain. I like being able to "be in class" in my PJs.

Regards,
    Isaac.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.