• 733 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3312 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Selling chests

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by °3°, Dec 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So my idea is pretty simple, you should be able to sell chests for half there cost, the reason being that if you get a chests you cant use or wont give you anything you want, you can sell it for 50% of its cost. Since you can't purchase the omega chest you would still be able to sell it for 15000 shards. Please let me know what you think!

Posted Dec 4, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 5, 2019
    zHalo likes this.
  2. Hmm.

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    zHalo likes this.
  3. I don't agree with this. While, yes, there are some people that physically cannot open some types of chests because of the fact that they already have all the possible cosmetics out of those chests, I really don't ever see this being used. If players are already at the point where they want to sell their chests, they don't need to get any more shards since the shards they already do have should be sufficient since they aren't buying new chests like other players are. I do understand that it would be nice for some players who want to just get rid of their old chests, but since those are already so common and cost so little, I don't really see many benefits coming out of this.

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    Jocoe and zHalo like this.
  4. Hey!
    I'm kind of neutral here on this idea for a couple reasons. My main reasoning to why I do agree with this is sometimes when you level up you get chests and one time I got 50 old chests at once. I didn't really need old chests and didn't really need their contents so it made it a little annoying to me that I would have to open them all and not even get anything I need. If your idea was implemented I could sell those chests for 5000 shards which is a decent amount of shards and doesn't make your idea overpowered/ could be abused which is good. I do have to agree with jxcb some because if a player already has everything unlocked they don't really have a need to buy more, therefore taking away the chances of selling them which makes the idea a little less usable. Overall I'm neutral on the idea because I think it would be nice to sell some chests, however I think that may be the only positive to the idea and therefore I just feel like it isn't really worth it to implement this idea. Thanks for the idea though!

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    zHalo likes this.
  5. Hello,

I'm not too sure about this idea, as stated above by @Epicbuilder435 he said that one time he got 50 old chests from leveling up a level and this won't be really helpful for more advanced players. Yes, I do agree with this part and this is how it could possibly benefit the community so you could sell these chests to other people or to the server to possibly gain one omega chest or something like this like a trade. So they could make a trade system with the server and players where you could trade in treasure chests or possibly different cosmetics you don't need to get shards or other better treasure chests from the server.

I'm neutral on this idea because as stated above by @jxcb as well that there's negative and positive features to this being implemented, so I'll leave it at a +0

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  6. I feel like this might be a bit unfair for players with ranks.
    Looking at someone with Eternal rank for example, they could easily sell their illuminated chest and two mythical chests in exchange for an omega chest when they collect their monthly reward. I feel like something like this wouldn’t be fair, as they would be using the system to give themselves chests that weren’t promised in the monthly reward.

On the other hand, I think it would be nice to be able to sell ancient/old chests that you collect. They don’t give a lot, and it would be nice to be able to exchange them for shards.

Overall though, I feel like this would result in players receiving way too many shards. It’s a nice idea, but I don’t think it needs to be added.

Posted Dec 5, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 5, 2019
    zHalo likes this.
  7. You still wouldn't be able to buy omega chests, you would just be able sell them for 15000 shards.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 5, 2019
  8. Hey!

It could be a benefit to sell the chests that you don't really need and are just useless to you. However, it would be much easier to receive shards. People have already a ton of shards, and by making this possible, shards will lose its value. I don't think that it would be such a good idea to make it easier to get shards, and therefore I don't really agree with this idea, even though it would've been nice to get rid of the useless chests.

We need another solution for that. Overall, I'll give this a -1

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  9. You could use the shards for seasonal chests.
    +0.5

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  10. Yes, you could, but for the people who would actually want to sell their chests if they physically cannot open them, they would already have large amounts of shards saved up (since they won’t buy normal chests) from the games they play, so purchasing these limited-time chests wouldn’t be a problem for them, which I think this idea is mainly geared towards.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  11. Yes, but I don't even buy regular chests with my shards, I save up for the seasonal chests even though I don't have all the cosmetics. Plus, there are plenty of holidays throughout the year that Mineplex adds chests for which are
    1. Valentines Day
    2. Easter
    3. Haloween
    4. Christmas
    There are less than 2 months between Valentines day and Easter, 7 between Easter and Haloween, and one month between Haloween and Christmas. Plus, during Christmas and Halloween, there are TWO seasonal chests (assuming you want both) so seven months would almost not give you enough shards to buy numerous chests during both seasons.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  12. These types of ideas have already been suggested SO MANY times. Making more threads about what Mineplex should do to stop the unusable chests isn't going to change anything at all. If you want the primary thread example that is in the air at the moment, you can find it here. It is a bit old and 'In Discussion', so Mineplex doesn't exactly have anything planned it seems. I want something like this implemented. I really do. I could trade in the shards I get for some sort of holiday chests, use the shards for treasure shard bombs, or something else. I have 8 unopened chests and those extra 80 thousand shards would go to great use. I just don't think Mineplex has it considered as their priority. +1 but there have been other threads almost exactly like this one. Thanks.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  13. thing is though i don’t wanna get rid of chests

i need them

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  14. Hey there!

Thank you for taking the time to come up with this idea and share it on the forums. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not plan on adding in the ability to sell chests in order to be able to get shards in return. In the past, Production has said no to ideas like this, and their decision on it is firm and does not look like it will be changing soon.

While, yes, for some players it would be nice to just be able to get rid of all of their "garbage" chests that many of them just simply do not want to have to open. They could still do something about the chests they do have but don't want and be able to turn that into something that they don't currently have but do want. However, Mineplex itself is a business, and being able to get more and more of the higher valuable goods for almost nothing (just selling chests that someone wouldn't even use) is not the best for marketing. Because of this issue, its been denied in the past and for now. I'll be marking this as "Not Planned," but please send me a PM if you have any further questions or concerns. If you have any more ideas, feel free create a new thread! I'll leave this open for further discussion to occur :)

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  15. Hi!

Personally, I cannot see this idea working out. I've seen this idea suggested a lot on this server. This would be unfair to players with ranks like @R10Bike added. Even though this could be a good idea for players to get rid of unwanted chests, it would make shards lose their value.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  16. Honestly, I am really against this idea. I have played games online where microtransactions rule, and I'd really love to not see Mineplex turn into one of those types of games. People that have lots of spending money in real life could simply buy tons of chests and use the shards for personal gain in-game after selling them. I think that the system currently in place regarding chests is fair and that the ability to sell chests in-game would make it unbalanced.

Now, you could argue that they make chests bought in the online shop unsellable/untradeable. I think that this would just lead to further confusion frustration. Players who buy chests in the shop just to sell them in-game without prior knowledge of this will most likely be angry because they may feel like they just wasted their real life money on something that they did not want. On the other hand, I think that it would be difficult to differentiate between chests bought in the shop and chests earned.

Because of these reasons, I have to disagree with this idea. -1.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.