• 3008 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11446 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Server Anti-Cheat Being different in different games.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by PinaGulotta, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Hello!
    I’ve noticed when playing arcade games, that there is a big difference in the detection of the anti cheat. Let’s take Micro battles and Gladiators as my example. In Micro Battles, I’ve seen people using speed, kill aura, spider, and sometimes straight up flying around the map without being detected by GWEN. In Gladiators if a hacker toggles kill aura the hacker gets banned instantly. Why is this? Thanks!

Posted Jul 14, 2019
    ArnoGuard likes this.
  2. I am not sure of this, maybe take this up with ToonBasic, it is his job to be coding and scripting GWEN. If you require anymore assistance, talk with an admin or higher to fix it.

Posted Jul 14, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ and PinaGulotta like this.
  3. Herro!

As @ArnoGuard mentioned, @ToonBasic is our newly hired Anticheat dev. From what I've seen as staff, the game type is not really what causes GWEN to work, but rather whether the client bypasses the AntiCheat or not. With KillAura, it matters a lot on the hit registration, and people are banned more often by that specific cheat because of its better detection. We are expecting an update to the AntiCheat soon, and the detection should get much better after that.

Posted Jul 14, 2019
  4. The movement checks are outdated. If they're not using antibot or are using an outdated client, they'll get caught for killaura (or anything) pretty quick.

Posted Jul 15, 2019
  5. Some gamemodes handle checks differently intentionally. They're for the sake of stability and accuracy. A lot of games, like Dragon Escape for example can false flag checks such as Fly if not handled properly.

What's probably happening is that certain gamemodes are disabling/weaking a check intentionally in order to prevent falses/issues for legitimate players, thought that'd also cause more hackers to freely play.

I cannot go too much into detail, but that's the gist.

Posted Jul 15, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 15, 2019
    Slipest, Ryan14VT, Meme™ and 9 others like this.
  6. That’s very interesting. I had no idea that’s how GWEN worked. Thanks for the reply!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 15, 2019
  7. The GWEN man himself replied so there's not much to add onto that, but in simpler terms, the anti-cheat is more lenient with fly checks where leaps / double-jumps are a thing because they require the player to fly for a short period of time in order to gain the boost, and in games with abilities such as cleave or anti-knockback plenty of things need to be changed. It's all fine when GWEN only registers small malfunctions, but if it wasn't modified for each game, there would be a lot of false bans.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    PinaGulotta likes this.
  8. If the "InvalidMovement" check checks for clientsided blocks (keeps track of all the block changes, chunks etc with proper ping checks) it shouldn't false flag unless it's poorly made. A well made check would go through all the movement possibilities that a player could do (A, S, D, W, Jump, sneak, key combinations) and apply all the other stuff such as velocity, lava movement, normal movement, gravity, friction, direction (yaw) etc. and finally compare the location which the player moved to with the expected locations. (Basically recording minecraft but serverside) This would result in a check which wouldn't false flag. (Note: velocity, explosion velocity, teleporting, potion effects and other things that the server sends to the client, all have to be checked for using transaction packets and honestly that's difficult and possible only with 3 states). In general movement checks for minecraft are the hardest ones to code since there are just so many things that have to be taken into account. I've never even attempted to create a proper one myself LOL.

Posted Jul 16, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 16, 2019
    PinaGulotta likes this.
  9. None of that is actually necessary. While yes, the current version of GWEN is currently bugged and does have it's issues, I am working on fixing them all and getting it live as soon as possible.

What you suggested could work, but not something that's really needed considering I can make an almost perfect speed check utilizing just a couple of lines of Minecraft's/Minecraft's server software source code.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    PinaGulotta, n8wes, Segwat and 2 others like this.
  10. In that case it will false flag and possibly be bypassable. Then again I can't really blame you for not wanting to implement that LOL, just way too hard.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    PinaGulotta likes this.
  11. More like work that's just not necessary just yet.

Also, it won't really false flag. It can be bypassed, but very rarely and hardly anyone has a bypass for it in the first place.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    PinaGulotta and Segwat like this.
  12. lol jus kno, vape lite will always bypass gwen, so my guy, if I were you, just get an anticheat from a pot pvp server

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    PinaGulotta likes this.
  13. Funny enough I am from HCF, PotPvP, Practice servers, etc.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    Xion and PinaGulotta like this.
  14. ight bet u better make this anti cheat proper, im not tryna see no people bhopping around everywhere. make the anticheat as good as minemen clubs, and mineplex should start freezing people instead of banning them right away

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    PinaGulotta likes this.
  15. I think you've got something wrong. Vape lite is one of the most detectable ghost clients that exist. It can be detected in less than 10 lines of code without false positives. I won't show the exact code so they don't patch it but trust me it's not as "undetectable" as they claim it to be.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    PinaGulotta likes this.
  16. Less than 10 lines of code is quite the claim. Not saying it's not possible, but there's a lot of factors to also account for to prevent falses.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    PinaGulotta likes this.
  17. Alright so, I want to explain the whole screensharing situation! The reason Mineplex doesn't screenshare is because it's a breach of privacy. Therefore, they don't do it. Plus, it's a minigame server so I don't think they need too unless they were HCF! Hope that clears some things up

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    PinaGulotta likes this.
  18. i can bet any money right now that none of you can find my ghost client that I have just chilling right now in my downloads
    --- Post updated ---
    anyone up for a challenge?? :p
    --- Post updated ---
    screen share me rn and try to find my stuff

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    PinaGulotta likes this.
  19. It's something way simpler than you think.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    PinaGulotta likes this.
  20. I agree I think you should make it like this ( freezing players first) @ToonBasic

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    PinaGulotta likes this.