• 2272 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4356 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Shadowplay Photography

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by IntoRainbows, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Photography taken in: Sweden, Connecticut and NYC.
    Enjoy <3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Posted Oct 9, 2019
    Evence, Tobias, ClassN and 4 others like this.
  2. These are awesome—especially the flower vase! I actually have to do something similar for a photography class, hopefully I can find some cool shadows.

Posted Oct 11, 2019
  3. I actually held those flowers in a soda cup :) and best wishes mate!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 11, 2019
  4. Heyo!

These are some beautiful photos you have taken! I love seeing what the community is passionate about and this is a great example. Some amazing photos and I hope to see more!

Posted Oct 11, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  5. Hey!

I really must say that I truly love all of these pictures you've taken. Black/white has always been my aesthetic and I believe you captured it really well in each of these photos.

The first one really captures a lot of different dimensions when you come to think of it. Having the window in the middle puts a whole different aspect to the piece. The use of the angles from the buildings and window really make this a captivating picture to look at.

For the second one, I really love the grunge theme of it. I don't know if that's what you are going for but I love the concept of the soda cup and the flowers together as well. A unique idea for sure!

Lastly, the third one is spectacular. You clearly captured the contrast between the light and dark values of the picture and it really balances everything out. The store window itself is quite busy in itself and the rest being more modest, creating another balance between activity and rest. The floor in which the street aligns itself with no matter where you go is always busy. Downtown areas have store after store filled with items for tourists and people who live around the area to come in and check out more what they have to offer. Nobody tends to really look above the storm of the streets where people live their daily lives. It's quiet and calming the higher you go compared to what's at your eye level. I'm not quite sure if any of this truly made sense but I couldn't think of any other way to describe it.

Amazing work!

Posted Oct 11, 2019
    hubboh and IntoRainbows like this.
  6. I absolutely love the black/white photographs because it reminds me of the ancient and classical times. These photograph looks like around 1930s, but not exactly the place in the present times. I have never been to three places before, and I wish I can visit there someday. I like the NYC picture because I never experience what's the place looks like now.

I cannot wait to visit these places in the future someday!

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  7. the last one is definitely my favorite, maybe im just a sucker for new york bc i love that place but it's a pretty nice picture

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  8. omg that last one though - I AM IN LOVE! The one thing I really like about your art is that you transform something that may not be viewed as being interesting to something that is absolutely stunning. Whether it be your one-line art, your poetry or even with these pictures, you are able to use shadows in a way that yields a beautiful outcome. Kudos to you once again and I am always so jelly of your talent.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  9. Well Done. I have some similar work but it isn't as cool as yours, I didn't have as high contrast because it was very white outside as it snows lots where I live.

Yours truly, Thunderbelly.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  10. Really good. Seems like the kind of photographs that might be promoting a social message or something deeper. You got some real talent. Last one is the best, gotta agree with everyone there.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  11. wow!

These shots are beautiful. I love the aesthetic of the black & white photos. You really have talent and you should keep using it. :)

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    IntoRainbows and GUNZxNxROSEZ like this.
  12. Thank you so much Class, I appreciate your kind words as always <3 The last one was taken on Prince Street in Manhattan during a day trip I took to a couple art museums :) so glad you enjoy it!

As always, thanks to everyone for your continued support!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 21, 2019
    ClassN likes this.
  13. Yo!
    Once again, great work! However, my favorite piece from these would have to be the second one just because I think the shadows and hidden detail are amazing. I do enjoy the simplistic feel of your photography overall though and hopefully you post more in the future!

Posted Oct 22, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  14. Wow,

Your work is absolutely incredible. I'm not normally a fan of darkly coloured photography but I absolutely love the contrast of black and white in the photos.

I'd love to see more of your work in the future

Posted Oct 24, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  15. Wow, they're beautiful. I love black and white photos, especially when the shadows give a strong contrast. Are you going to a photography class?

I'm looking forward to see more of them, have a nice day :)
    -M3k

Posted Oct 26, 2019
    IntoRainbows likes this.
  16. I love the photographs! I've always been a huge pan of white and black photos! Keep up the amazing work! I hope to see more pictures!​

~ GuardianInASuit | Your Friendly Bedrock Guardian​

Posted Oct 27, 2019
    IntoRainbows and Mystic 0440 like this.