• 2071 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4650 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Shards instead of Illuminated Chests (MONTHLY RANK ONLY)

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by DirectorLJ, Jan 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recently I had gotten everything from got a message that I couldn't open up illuminated chests anymore. But that was b/c I had gotten everything from it. Yay!

But that also meants that cuts a good way to get any new stuff.

My eternal rank gives me 2 mythical chests (good for getting shards to buy...), 2 illuminated chests (my best way of getting cosmetics), and a single omega chests (good but I i can't purchase them).

So I think if we can't open illuminated chests, we can get 40k shards instead, so we could purchase other stuff like holiday chests or gadgets.

(Also, I have a bunch of illuminated chests and its driving me insane that I can't open them)

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    JMPhase likes this.
  2. Yeah I agree. I'm also sitting on a very large pile of illuminated chests unable to do anything with them. Mineplex actually used to do this too, back when shards were called coins. Instead of receiving chests every month you got coins, and it was nice having freedom in how you spent them.

At the very least an option to trade chests in, maybe for half their original value would be nice. I just want something done about the large pile of illuminated chests I have (metaphorically) collecting dust.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  3. As someone who is also sitting on 50ish illuminated chests, I definitely see where this is coming from, but is 40k shards really much better? I'm sitting on 2.5mill shards rn with nothing to spend them on. I'd rather they just either add more cosmetics so I can actually use illuminated or make omega purchasable for some ridiculous amount of shards (idk 200k?)

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  4. How the hell did you get 2.5 million shards... WHAT?

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  5. I had 3mill but bought a ton of halloween and Christmas chests. A51 was freaking busted. I had probably 80k going into that game.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    JMPhase likes this.
  6. I see your point on this, but I don’t believe it can be implemented due to the fact that it violates Mojang’s EULA. Otherwise, I’d be all for this. Since it would be pointless for people in your situation to receive illuminated chests at this point.

Basically, in-game currency can’t be bought by in real life currency. Mineplex is unable to give shards in monthly rewards because that would be considered buying in-game currency with real currency.

You can check this thread here for an official response by an ideas team member:
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/getting-shards-instead-of-chests.21751/

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  7. sadly breaks the EULA :(

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  8. Wouldn't it be possible to give players an extra omega chest instead of the illuminated treasures?

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  9. Not going to repeat much of what’s already been said above me and from other threads suggesting the same thing so I’ll get straight to the point. Unfortunately, we cannot implement this as it violates the EULA. I will leave a quote from another thread below which sums it up perfectly.
    To put it simply in this case, Chests would be hard currency since they have real monetary value, whereas shards are in-game currency.

I’d like to mention that even if it were possible without it violating the EULA, it’s been brought up before and has been denied by Marketing. Sales would drop if people were allowed to exchange chests for shards as Mineplex uses cosmetics as a source of revenue.

Thread Locked - Not Planned
    (Against the EULA and also has been discussed and denied in the past).

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.