• 1685 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9453 Players Online
  • 7768 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Sharpness and protection 5

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Ryan9116, Sep 29, 2020.

?

Should sharpness and protection 5 be added?

1. yes

2. no

3. maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Well, sometimes when I play, there are two teams with both maxed out armor and enchants. At that time it's pretty hard to rush bases, because they probably already have obsidian cake defense, especially when both teams have 2 people with full diamond. And when that message saying all cakes have been eaten comes up in the chat, some people just stay together and it's hard to win a 1v2 in that situation. So I think there should be better enchants so the game would end a bit faster.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
  2. Yo,
    I don't like this idea at all. If a team was to get Sharpness V, a team with no enchants or armor would have 0 chance to win the game. Sharpness and Prot V are way too overpowered, and I like the cap at Sharp and Prot 2 as it creates a nice balance between armor and damage. If you are facing two people with full diamond, you should try to either hit them off or single them out, that's what I do. Regarding your request for the game to end faster, I don't think that is an issue as I think the current time a Cake Wars game takes is fine.

Looof

Posted Sep 29, 2020
    Ryan9116, Melsieee, xUmbreon and 6 others like this.
  3. Hey there!

I gotta agree with @Looof on this one. The cap at sharp and prot 2 are fair enough as it still possible to get kills with less enchants than another team so it’s not greatly overpowered. However with prot V and sharp it would, as said, be impossible for teams with little to no enchants to win.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
  4. In my opinion I feel like the enchantment limit as of now is already good. I think going all the way to sharp and protection 5 us a little too much. Although, I can definitely understand it is frustrating to tank out 2v1’s in this situation.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
  5. Hey, it's an interesting idea however personally I disagree. Players without enchantments already suffer against Sharp/Prot 2 players, it works fine as it is currently in my opinion. Increasing the enchantment levels would make the game unbalanced so I'm against this idea, however thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  6. Considering that Power 5 bows with low durability are already accessible from cake chests, I don't see why a Sharp 5 or 4 sword, with maybe a couple hits worth of durability, could be added as an item from cake chests.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  7. I like this idea!

Posted Oct 1, 2020
    bluballs and AWEARY like this.