• 814 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11827 Players Online
  • 11013 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Shooting through blocks

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by TatorCheese, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Currently a lot of players know that as a hider you can shoot through glass panes and normal glass. A select few also know that you can also shoot through some blocks (infamous in Frozen Outpost, you can shoot through the clay blocks in the nerfed secret spot) but my real question is why can you still shoot through them? I joined the BH community in early 2018 and yet we are still able to shoot through walls. If anyone knows why you can shoot through please tell me, also this bug needs to get fixed ASAP. Not like it ruins games, but it's an glitch that's stayed for quite some time.

Posted Sep 19, 2018
  2. aaaaaaaaa
    I'll report it again and try to keep it in mind if an update comes around. If this can be fixed, i'd be all for it; being able to terrorize the hunters without punishment is confusing and not fair
    I too’ve been aware of this specific issue for a long time now, and it's almost a necessary evil.
    You see, if the hiders shot their arrows normally, the shots would collide with their disguise and just vanish. To fix that, the hiders have the arrows spawned slightly in front of them. However, if the hider is standing facing into a wall, the arrow is then spawned in the wall which allows it to fly through it.
    It might be possible to fix, but I forgot to bring it up during the last block hunt update so it wasn't addressed.

while we're here I'd like your opinion on the secret spot and frozen outpost in general! Be unbiased, but I want to get the map fixed if the community finds fault in it.

Posted Sep 19, 2018
    Nicodami likes this.
  3. I definitely think Frozen Outpost is a map is better than most of the maps in the current pool. But back to the secret spot. While I do think it got nerfed quite a bit, it's still a good spot. Here's a list of changes I think would improve the spot as well.

-remove the original dropdown way, it's only use is to let hunters in because it's not as fast as using the ladder for hiders, and most people don't even know about it

-remove the doorway, for better movement and shocking hiders get more room to fight and leapers get more room to bowspam

That's all I have to say right now.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 19, 2018,
    Last edited Sep 20, 2018