• 523 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3469 Players Online
  • 2946 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Shop Hotkeying

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by King / 0x, Sep 28, 2020.

?

Would you want to see this implemented

1. yes

77.8%
  2. yes

44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. With the current shop setup, when you hotkey an item from the shop into your inventory, it buys it but it also puts it at the most accessible slot. So if you have nothing in slots 2-4 and you hotkey a gapple to 5, it will still be put in your 2nd slot. I just find this super annoying.

Something that I think would be nice would be the ability to use hotkeys to buy stuff from the shop. What I mean by this is if you hover your curser over, for example, a gapple and press 5, the gapple will be bought and when you exit the shop, it will be in your 5th slot (even if your 1st-4th slots are empty

I think this would be a good update because it just makes the shop so much more convenient for those who utilize hotkeys. It's also not a bad change because it won't negatively affect the community who is still living in the stone age (scroll wheelers) or really anyone else who plays the game.

If people like this it will probably be implemented in 2049 but oh wellll

Something that might come up is the question of what would happen if you hotkeyed into a slot that was already occupied. Here it's up to the discretion of the devs. I think it could either move the item to the next accessible slot or simply deny you from buying the item completely.

Posted Sep 28, 2020
    Kiro, Fusafez, Susie and 8 others like this.
  2. Hey!

I very much like this idea, even though it's just a QoL feature I think a lot of people would enjoy it and it would make inventory management a lot more efficient, as I tend to keep specific items in the same slot throughout the game.

From a development perspective, this is definitely possible as SpigotAPI has ways of checking what type of click event occurred. Basically, shop NPCs use "InventoryClickEvent" to check whether or not a player bought an item out of the shop, now this event basically lets the server do "some action" whenever the event is fired off. The event gets fired when you either left-click, right-click, shift left/right-click, or even use number keys to click on an item in the GUI. Given the fact spigot allows you to check which number key (hotkey) was used to fire the event you technically should be able to set the item bought to that specific hotbar location. So yeah, should definitely be possible!

Now, from a gameplay perspective a couple of things would need to be determined first, like what should happen when different interactions take place. As you stated "what would happen if you hotkeyed into a slot that was already occupied," from a dev's perspective this should already be decided before handing it off to them, or if it isn't they would most likely ask QA/GI what they would want to happen in that given scenario. The dev team implements the ideas that are given to them from GI/QA, so it should be up to them about what they want to happen. In my opinion, if the slot is empty the item should be set to that slot. If the slot is filled and the items are not of the same type (wool vs gapples) then the item being bought should default back to the current system (next available slot). If the items are of the same type (gapples vs gapples) then the amount should be updated rather than having to set the newly bought gapples to a different slot.

Overall, great idea! +1 from me.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    Hubble and Fallen like this.
  3. I think this would be pretty useful, as I always order my hotbar in the exact same way. It's frustrating when I have an open spot that I want my pickaxe and suddenly an emerald shows up there right before I can buy the pickaxe, and then I have to reorganize everything.

Posted Oct 1, 2020
  4. Certainly a great idea in my book. I hate having to organize my inventory after purchases or before them simply to get items exactly where I want them when I buy them. Overall, you get a +1 from me <3

Take care,
    ~Hubble

Posted Oct 2, 2020
  5. Hello there! As a fellow Hypixel player, I can agree, hotkey shopping was very useful and would make your gameplay very efficient. I would love to see this added in the future. Good idea.

Posted Oct 16, 2020
  6. I personally feel that if this feature is implemented, it should override items. The whole point of hotkeying is to make it quicker, and easier, to organize your inventory while purchasing items. If you buy a gapple and the slot you wish to put it in is wool, the wool should be moved to the next clear slot.

Posted Oct 16, 2020
  7. Seems like a pretty simple feature to add in Cake Wars, and there would be a massive positive effect from better hotkey system in the shop.

+1

Posted Oct 16, 2020
    SPOOKY BOI LEGEND998 likes this.