• 2091 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10529 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Should Cake Wars have lava/water buckets?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by fightlive3, Jul 9, 2019.

1. I feel like a really fun part of cake wars is always having something new, like wool walls and deploy platforms. Every time something new is added, you find new strategies, like that annoying suffocation thing I always do because I am a noob. Therefore I think lava and water buckets should be added, because it would open up windows for many more strategies. But then again, it could be a complete bust and break the game. I just think it would be a fun experiment for the game.

Posted Jul 9, 2019
  2. Water and lava buckets, in my opinion, are both really bad additions to the server. All it would take is 1 or 2 water/lava buckets to cover the way a team gets out of spawn, and another team can swoop in and eat their cake with little to no interruptions.

Even on the chance there is a interruption, bows can easily push a player back into said water/lava, and 1 player eating the cake and another bow spamming is all that would be needed, at minimum, to take out the cake.

Because of this, I would have to say no to having water and lava buckets.

Posted Jul 9, 2019
    Danese and kyc like this.
  3. Personally, I don't think this is a good idea.

For a start, lava on top of cake defence would be a huge pain to deal with when sneaking onto an enemies cake.

Water buckets would allow people to get knocked into the void and swim back up so not really sure if that's a good idea. Also what would happen if you combined the water and lava buckets, could you get obsidian without buying it?

People already have issues with frosting, I don't think a frosting with a lava bucket would be a good addition to the game.

Overall, a -1 but I agree, something new to the game could be really good and change the game a little, but lava buckets and water buckets would change the game in a huge way.

~ Zom

Posted Jul 9, 2019
    Danese and PapiKirito like this.
  4. As was said previously, I think this addition would ruin many of the existing game mechanics. The point about being able to block off spawn points is definitely valid, and they could also be used to create obsidian or cobblestone generators, which would entirely defeat the purpose of having to buy obsidian and endstone from the shop.

I appreciate the sentiment of wanting to add new items to mix things up and create more exciting gameplay, but personally I do not think lava and water buckets would be suitable for the gamemode.

Posted Jul 9, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  5. Not to mention borderline impossible to get through :/

Posted Jul 9, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  6. -1 on this particular idea and here is why.

Lava buckets and water buckets go very well in Skywars, Build UHC, UHC, SG, etc. BUT CW is nowhere near these types of games.
    The idea of having water and lava buckets basically makes it useless to buy obsidian and blocks due to the idea of Cobble Generators and creating an endless supply of obsidian. I would also like to point out that with these two buckets implemented into the game there would be a lot of griefing occurring, such as an endless supply of cobble monsters.

Posted Jul 9, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  7. I agree that adding vanilla water and lava buckets is too much of a game-changing addition. I'm totally on board with adding new features to CW, it keeps the game interesting. I can think of when we added the chicken portal, it had the potential to change the game, but didn't, odd how some things catch on and others don't.

While I'm not on board with the vanilla buckets being added, I would love to see this idea developed more with some changes to the vanilla mechanics. I'm thinking maybe introducing a water bucket but not allowing it to spread. This could be useful in negating fall damage and could still be used as a cake protector, but wouldn't be able to be abused. The one thing I really dislike about vanilla water is the ability to swim back up after falling off and I just don't think that's a strategy that should be possible in CW.

Maybe instead of vanilla lava buckets, we could introduce flint and steel with a limited amount of uses and limited amount of seconds, like SG used to have. This could again not be abused as much as a vanilla lava bucket, but would still introduce an exciting game mechanic that is fire!

I'm not saying either of these ideas should be implemented, I just encourage you to continue developing your idea and present it again after you've shifted some of the details of the idea!

Posted Jul 20, 2019
  8. I think adding those could be game breaking. Seeing as the frosting kit gives slowness, being hit into lava with frosting could make that kit even more infuriating and annoying. Though maybe if they brought back those crazy/insane modes of games (Like Champions kits in Sheep Quest) it could maybe make an appearance there.

Posted Jul 25, 2019
    Danese and Potatozzz like this.
  9. I think adding a water bucket would be great. I think they shouldn't be cheat though, I think the water bucket should be about 5 emeralds. If it were balanced it would be a great thing to add into the game.

Posted Jul 28, 2019
  10. Hello,

I do not think Cake Wars should have lava and water buckets because both don't really add much to the game except making it very annoying to break a cake. Also, I could see a lot of team trollers using this to absolutely annoy the heck out of their team.

Either way, I'll send this thread to the Game Insights discord and see what they say.

edit: response from game insights discord was all negative.

Thanks,
    Techno

Posted Jul 28, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 28, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  11. Hey there!
    I can see what you were going with, and the water could work, if the physics were changed a little. Like @Dulciloquy said, it would not be too overpowered, and completely ruin gameplay. So I feel like water could be easily implemented, to prevent fall damage, or to get down easier.

Lava on the other hand, I don't think should be added. It would make breaking cake far too difficult, people could abuse the feature to make obsidian, and surround the middle beacon so other teams can't capture it.

I think with a little development this would be a great idea!

Posted Jul 28, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  12. Hey,

As previously stated, I don't believe adding water/lava buckets will be a good addition to Cake Wars. You could, for example, place lava on top of your protected cake (that's not flammable) and it will be too "broken" in my opinion. For water, I really don't see an issue with this one since it helps with preventing fall damage and does not inflict damage on contact as lava does.

Posted Jul 28, 2019
    KUUMUU and Danese like this.
  13. There's really no reason to add water/lava to the game. Vanilla or not flowing, it would be much worse than better. Even if it doesn't flow, think of how easy PvP becomes. Is someone better than you? Place a lava bucket down. Even if you have a fast reaction time, you very quickly lose health unless you have strong armor. Also, suffocating in deploy platforms is really stupid and they should fix that. Anyone who thinks water is a good idea should consider easy obsidian, the ability to scoop it back up, or how bad it would make PvP. Also, anyone saying lava is easy to abuse because blocking cake/mid should consider you can literally place ONE BLOCK to remove the lava.

Posted Jul 28, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  14. Salut
    Maybe not adding "Water Buckets" and "Lava Buckets" is a good idea. However, like how special unavailable items spawn on islands that require you to work for these particular items. Maybe, islands could generate rarely and could house (Insert value for the amount of Water/Lava source blocks on the island). All that Mineplex would have to do would add Buckets to the shop for the cost of a Rune Of Holding since Lava Buckets essentially give your cake more protection or "Another Life," as do Water Buckets being able to save one from a dangerous fall. Also, I do not know how but, disable infinite water generators.

-Frosting Kit Hater

Posted Jul 29, 2019
  15. Killling here!

I think the idea of Water buckets is better than Lava buckets. Lava would be nearly impossible to get rid of and would also take away from the idea of Traps. Water on the other hand would be a great idea, as it would serve as an "anti-polly" trap. Water too could serve as a waterfall, allowing players to save themselves from the void. Here, Lava would not only be useless, it would also be deadly!

Posted Aug 1, 2019
  16. I agree with adding water as it could make defending more interesting. However adding both lava and water would lead to people using it to make obsidian, as well as building cobble generators

Posted Aug 1, 2019
  17. Glad you are thinking of ways to make cake wars a more interesting game, however, lava and water buckets could be abused too easily so I don't think they should be added.

Posted Aug 1, 2019
  18. Defiantly not, we don't need this.

Posted Aug 1, 2019
  19. I don't believe this is such a good idea. Having lava and water buckets could make it easily abuse-able, so I don't want this to happen so much. It's a no from me. -1

Posted Aug 1, 2019
  20. Hey there!

I can see the point in this idea. It would definitely shake up how CW games are played and allow for different strategies in the gamemode. But I feel as this idea is simply not polished enough to be considered. Lava buckets could become a nuisance to many players, especially when attempting to get past it to eat a cake. Water buckets make a little more sense, but could potentially flood down into the void and allow players to sit under maps. I think that what your idea lacks is more examples on how these items would be used, and how they should be added & executed properly. For example, if the water/lava had a flow limit and was more situational (stopping you from taking damage from falling, placing it down during combat to throw off players), I would be fine with this item being added. It just needs a bit of touching up to truly feel like it can fit in to the gamemode

0, Neutral to this idea until developed further.

Posted Aug 1, 2019