• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7501 Players Online
  • 4611 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Should Cake Wars Maps Erode?

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by LT Tombstone 77, Dec 9, 2019.

?

Should Cake Wars maps erode at a certain point?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. There’s only one person left on Red Team in Cake Wars.... you go to their base and they aren’t there. You go to Yellow’s Base, no luck. You search the entire map and finally find them at the edge of their base, camping near the void. Then the message comes through the chat: Everyone’s cake has been eaten. You try to kill the player by building down and they end up knocking you off. You desperately wait for your teammates to kill them, but then Cake Wars runs out of time....

This situation has happened to us all, I’m sure (or something similar involving campers) in Cake Wars. It’s very frustrating and causes many people to lose and therefore the campers to ultimately win. You find yourself angered and enraged at them, but then you remember: It’s always going to be like this.

Well, what if it wasn’t? You all know that in Sky Wars, when the game has gone on too long, the map starts to erode and wear away, killing all campers. I think this would be a great opportunity for Cake Wars and a great chance to eliminate campers in the game.

Tell me if you agree or disagree! I won’t be offended or anything xD but I’d like to see this get added. I think Java already has this, so just for Bedrock. If you said no, please tell me why.
    REMEMBER; BEDROCK ONLY (since Java has it already)

Thanks for considering,
    - LT

Posted Dec 9, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 10, 2019
  2. Cake wars does have this. It's called the world border and it closes in as the game goes on too long. As well as this, there are tracking compasses players can use to find others after cake rot, which can last up to 30~ minutes. Rather than having erosion I think a world border fits Cake Wars better and this would just be unnecessary development time. -1.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
  3. Hello,
    I believe this post is meant for Bedrock CakeWars, i do agree that we should have some kind of world boarder similar to Skywars or a compass at half time/ability to buy a compass just to help prevent games from ending due to hiders then receiving no reward. A trick i often use if i'm down to the last player and cannot find them is ill store my items and jump into the void, then during the re-spawn time i'll hit the compass to find there location, although this wouldn't be effective after half time as you wouldn't re-spawn it does often help.

For the idea +1

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    xGetRekted and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  4. As @Reks Nz stated, I was unaware that this occurred in Java Cake Wars and I think it’d be a nice addition to Bedrock Cake Wars.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 10, 2019
  5. You are actually incorrect here. There is a huge difference between a world border and corrosion of the map. The difference is so big that they shouldn't even be compared against each other, as they are two completely different things. Java has a world border but not corrosion. Corrosion is actually planned for java and will likely be added at some point in the future when the developers get around to doing that. You can read up on that here: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/gi-cakewars-update-proposals.48764/

As for bedrock, I don't play it much but the times I've played it it's never really gone on too long, but if the games are anything like Java after cake rot then I can see this working for bedrock too.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  6. They aren't that different. They both restrict a player from inhabiting a certain area of the games and while one does damage to the player to stop them, the world border restricts it entirely. It isn't that huge a difference. I personally find the border closing in to be a better fit for cake wars as opposed to corrosion of the map. As for the game insights updates proposals, I had no clue that they were planning to initiate this.
    --- Post updated ---
    Sorry, I didn't understand that this was meant for bedrock. If that's the case I would like to see this implemented as a feature but would prefer a world border.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  7. Well they are, a world border stops after a certain point, and doesn't do damage to the players that go behind it, since it is possible to go behind it, whether you think it's "impossible" or not. The fact is, the corrosion would make the game a lot easier because it would stop those that just camp late game to avoid dying and stall out the game until the game ends, it would damage them and disallow them to keep camping. I don't find the border useful at all, and when it comes to late game, the border is practically useless and makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. I'd prefer corrosion and that's why I'm glad that they're planning on adding it eventually

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  8. The world border closes in and restricts gameplay to the middle of the map, hence stopping camping. The only difference between the corrosion and the current world border that closes in late game is that the corrosion would affect all dimensions of the map as well as damage players rather than close them in. I like the aspect of players being damaged from the top, however I don't like the idea of players simply being damaged by the border rather than being moved in. Either way they both restrict certain player movement and as a result are shown to have the same function.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  9. Wrong, you can get outside of the world border and it's actually quite easy to do so, and you won't get damaged very much if you have full diamond because the "bats" don't do true damage. The new system that is proposed by GI is so much better, the border is flawed and a terrible aspect of the game that needs to be removed. It doesn't restrict gameplay and doesn't stop camping at all.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  10. I'm not talking about the world border with the bats, I'm talking about the one after cake rot. Are you speaking of the y axis border? Are we on the same page? Because I thought that players couldn't move around anywhere except the middle area after a certain point in cake rot. If you are, in fact, talking about the border after cake rot, then that's map exploiting. Even so, I've never seen anyone sneak outside the border like that.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  11. There's no part of the rule that says it's map exploiting, and considering it does damage I doubt it actually is, I've seen plenty of people do it, and you can even stay behind the border if you don't move and it passes you. If you are outside the border after it moves in, you will start getting hit by bats, but the issue is bats do absolutely nothing as they don't deal true damage. No, I'm not talking about the y axis border because that's a whole new thing to discuss, because that's just as flawed as the border itself. The fact is, the world border is a terrible and flawed system that has been given many proposed changes, one of which game insights agreed on adding because it was the best alternative and is already active in multiple different games, meaning no new code would be needed, they would just need to grab the code from the other game.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  12. Quote from Oscaros_: "If you were to go outside the world border after cake rot that would be map exploiting."

Posted Dec 10, 2019