• 2380 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4959 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Should Castle Assault be a "Full" Game?

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by LaFlame__, Mar 10, 2019.

?

Do you think Castle Assault could work out?

1. Of course!

2. No way, are you crazy?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hi!

I just wanted to make a post on this idea and see what you all think...

Simply put, if you like PVP, Castle Assault is such a fun game. I think it's a shame that the majority of players don't even know about it or even played it. It's funny that most people mistake it for Castle Siege. After reading this post, I suggest getting into an MPS and playing it with at least 10 people. Moreover, I think that with a few tweaks to the game, it could become very popular. However, there are some issues with Castle Assault. It could use a few updates. Here's a list below of my ideas:

-Shorter respawn times
    -A shop feature where you can purchase guards or resources. The player can attain currency by getting kills.
    -Application of new kits (Builder, Berserker, etc)
    -New and larger maps
    -After 15 minutes, deathmatch! No more respawns

In conclusion, I feel like Castle Assault could really succeed if it's executed a bit better than its current state. Of course, all of these suggestions don't need to be rushed out, all at once, think of them as ideas for the future and seeing what works and what doesn't. Thank you for reading this post, and as I mentioned earlier, try out Castle Assault in an MPS and see for yourself. Determine if my ideas could possibly work, and give feedback! Thanks! ;)

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  2. There's definitely still a Castle Assult community who would love to see it make a return however, it just wasn't popular enough and from my experience games would hardly start. While these changes would be nice to see, I don't think that they'd be enough to make loads of people start playing it. While it's not a full game it probably won't receive any updates and I'm pretty sure that there aren't plans to bring it back anytime soon. Interesting suggestions though :)

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  3. Castle assault was a really fun and underrated game IMO. When samitod announced on his channel that he would be making a new game, his fan base was pretty excited. It was a really cool game and I met a lot of people there. I think the game could do really good again if it was brought back with new content and cool updates. +1

Posted Mar 18, 2019
  4. I would honestly love to see this game come back but we know what happened last time, it ended up dying out after players had enough of the 'new game craze'. It did last a while, from what I remember. For when the player count rises, I think this would be one of the best modifications Mineplex could make, if the game gets a little tweaked.

Unless the game will be 10x better than before and will without a doubt keep players, I think it's a bit of a risk.

Posted Mar 18, 2019
  5. I here of Castle Assault ever so often, but never played it, probably because it was removed. May I ask when it was a game and when it was removed?

Posted Mar 18, 2019
  6. I didn't really play Castle Assault, but I know a lot of people that really loved to play it. Unfortunately, as stated above, the "new game craze" died out and games would barely start. Mineplex isn't going to keep games that no one really plays, especially larger games like Castle Assault that take a longer time to work on. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would love to see the game back; however at this point in time I don't really see it making a comeback.

Of course, if they re-released the game with new features that everyone would love, then maybe it could make a full comeback. However, I'm not so sure, we'll just have to see.

Posted Mar 18, 2019
  7. I think this a great Idea +1 from me, but why do you have the option to check both lol.

Posted Mar 18, 2019
  8. I think under the right conditions, CA could return, but there were pretty serious flaws in the design of the game, not the least of which was how awful the game got once one team/person started snowballing. I think it was also a bit artificially popular due to how easy it was to get exp. Larger maps is also a hard pass from me, the maps were plenty big as is. That said, perhaps a revamp should be considered.

Posted Mar 18, 2019
  9. The game was released May 12th, 2017 and was removed months after release (not sure on an exact date).

I agree with Fall on this. I personally hated how unbalanced kits and kill streaks were. If this game were to come back, there's a lot of development time that would need to go into it to make it better than what it was. The only reason I saw people still filling 1 maybe 2 lobbies sometimes was because of the exp and how easy it was to dominate the other team. Also going with zipppo, I don't think it'll get any updates or is even worth updating sadly. -1 from me.

Posted Mar 19, 2019
  10. Thank you Marzie.. You said it was filled only for benifits, basically, which would make it an unfair game, something Mineplex probably doesn't support. I can't give much of my opinion because I was taking a break at the time of release and removal, but if it was removed so soon then flaws too big for a developer to simply update mightve been seen, and not bothered with, so I'm not sure if it would be bothered with now either.

Posted Mar 19, 2019
  11. I remember that I used to play Castle Assault a lot way back in the summer of 2017. Although, I see that you are trying to suggest some of the changes to the Castle Assault and want it to return back to Mineplex. The only major issue about Castle Assault, it was removed due to less people playing and it was not popular. I do not think the Developers will not have their time to re-work some of the changes.

Overall, I will sadly have to disagree of having it to bring it back as a full game. -1

Posted Mar 19, 2019
  12. Although it was an original game mode, I was not exactly a fan of Castle Assault. Although seeing it implemented again would be cool, it may not work out due to its small fanbase. Therefore, I don't think this idea may work out well.

Posted Mar 20, 2019