• 417 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4286 Players Online
  • 3869 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Should staff prioritise playing or enforcing rules?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Strubber, Feb 10, 2021.

?

Should staff prioritise playing or enforcing rules?

1. They should prioritise playing

28.6%
  2. They should prioritise enforcing rules

71.4%
  1. Staff Request has been discussed many times. This is not a place that is Mandatory for Staff to take request from. It’s a community that was created for players to request Moderation, where they may have their request taken by a Staff Member who isn’t busy. I’m not saying that they shouldn’t be answered by any means, but we aren’t required to participate in Staff Request. I can tell you that not all Staff Members are in this community, and some may have the com chat disabled temporarily. As far as sitting “idle” in lobbies, you’re always more than welcome to use /a to report a player and the Staff Member would be more than happy to investigate the reported player. If the Staff Member repeatably ignores your request, and you feel that they aren’t carrying out their responsibilities correctly, you’re more than welcome to collect evidence and make a ticket at Mineplex.com/tickets. And as for playing games...I feel that we should have the ability to play games as well. As I mentioned in my post above, I don’t think this means that we should be dismissing our responsibilities/duties as a Staff Member while playing games, but we should be always be actively moderating the respective lobby we’re in.

I agree with Mae above. Personally, the selection process from our Recruitment Team is tedious and in my opinion, very much necessary. Choosing candidates to become Staff can be difficult, as I am sure they want to ensure that who they’re selecting is a good fit for the position. Accepting people left and right, wouldn’t necessarily be beneficial and could cause issues.

Posted Feb 11, 2021
  2. Staff Request is not obligatory for staff to be in nor take the requests. So because they are volunteers we do not force them to do extra beyond what is expected of them. If you have proof of a staff member being idle or afk in lobbies then feel free to send me a message with that because that shouldn't be happening. Staff management can't do anything if the situation is not brought to our attention. As a member of TT, how can you know what to translate if the TT managers don't give you the strings to translate?

Building on the staff build island is to give staff members something to do while answering people's questions and providing service. Staff members should not be building instead of answering people's questions and providing service. Again if you have proof of this, then you can forward it to me.

Staff members are allowed to play games because after all this is a volunteer position and they are perfectly allowed to enjoy their time on the server too so im not sure how the 4+ party thing is even relevant?

Maybe recruitment can speak more to this but we have standards for our perspective trainee candidates. If there are fewer people being accepted then that would mean less people are meeting that threshold.

Posted Feb 11, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  3. Maybe I should make a separate post about this, but I just don't understand why StaffRequest isn't mandatory when it's the easiest and fastest way to report people. I don't have an issue with staff taking time off to play or build on the staff island, what I do have an issue with is that all the tools for making moderation more efficient are there, but aren't used. @Amg @Sven

Posted Feb 11, 2021
    Strubber and Amg like this.
  4. Historically speaking, it's been hard for us to track as im not online all the time. If we have no way to measure performance, how can we enforce it?

Posted Feb 11, 2021
    maevestarbaby and PieOrPi like this.
  5. I think if you’re mod then it’s your job to help players, but (presumably) you get to take breaks on occasion

Posted Feb 14, 2021
  6. Heyhey!

speaking on behalf of my staff friends, i believe that there should be a balance of both, i believe if staff have done everything they have needed to do they should be allowed to have freedom on the server, if they did have any freedom for themselves this could create a bad environment for them and the community.

Speaking upon this, staff have made it clear multiple times that they are not required to do staff request reports as its a community and they are they're to help. if you need staff u can /report this is reports that staff are required to do. another pointer would be that staff arent always online, some staff are US which explains while they cannot do reports at EU times. Maybe instead of complaining u could apply some constructive criticism to the staff team and the community to show how they could improve

Have a wonderful day!
    Kehs <3

Posted Feb 14, 2021
    Fusafez and C2MineCraft like this.
  7. it doesn't make sense to apply for staff if you're not going to enforce the rules.... but in some cases, a staff might not realize there is a hacker in the game and they will continue to play without doing anything. But I think that if the staff reads chat and someone says there is a hacker, then the staff should definitely check into it instead of ignoring it. But I don't think that staff should go out of their way to look for hackers, like they shouldn't have to constantly move to different lobbies and spectate a game instead of staying in the same lobby and playing for a few rounds.

Posted Feb 15, 2021
  8. Based on a number of different circumstances, however I believe that it’s most important to find a happy medium between playing and performing your duties as a staff member. ^*^

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    JWAY202 and BlondieBrook like this.
  9. I see they should do both and have a balance between the work and playing. It’s not always easy to be always alert and trying to catch rule breakers left and right. Especially with like over 1000 players and only one of staff member in one lobby for example. It’s hard for them to constantly be over looking things all the time. Yes they should do as much as they can while on the server. Help players with any problems, questions, and engage with them. That’s where I see the playing come in having that engagement goes so far and by playing with the community and just interacting goes far as just enforcing rules. They both play a important role. So overall I think they should be doing both. Have the engagement with the community by playing and getting feed back from the players, while being on the look out. Props to the staff though the hacking isn’t as bad as it was a couple years ago. Overall they are doing the best they can and all due respect goes to them for trying their hardest to make us happy. Again just my thoughts and opinions.

Posted Mar 12, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.