• 387 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2966 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Should UHC be brought back?

Discussion in 'Combat Games' started by TeNiX, Nov 13, 2019.

?

Should UHC be added back?

This poll will close on Jan 1, 2020 at 10:16 AM.
  1. Yes, as a permanent game.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Yes, but only in Mineplex Player Servers.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, but only as events.

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. What Is UHC?

- I like to think of UHC as a normal survival world but with multiple people on it and PVP is enabled for most UHC's there usually around a ten minute grace period which in that timeframe you gather resources as best as you can so you can defend yourself from / or attack other players. You have no regeneration except for a few acceptions like golden apples, regeneration potions, god apples, instant health pots, etc. You won't regenerate just because you have full hunger. Once the grace period is over there is a border that is shrinking kind of like battle royal games if you stand in the border you lose HP. If you have any questions regarding what UHC is if I didn't explain that thorough enough feel free to message me / reply to the thread I am more than willing to help.

How can we implant UHC back into mineplex?

- We can maybe do weekly events for UHC to see if the player base enjoys it if they do then maybe we can make it into a permanent game like cake wars, minestrike, etc.

- Instead of just being UHC although as much as I absolutely love the game mode I won't ignore the fact that after playing survival but with PVP for a while can get repetitive. In order to make it less repetitive we can add classes like champions or just kits I would prefer like champions because it'd give players more customizability options.
    (If the developers do decide if they want to add it back I can help come up with ideas for the kits etc.)

Common Questions.

- If they do decide to do the event option how often will they happen? I would say either weekly or monthly.

- How long is the average UHC game? A UHC game could last anywhere from 30minutes to an hour now if the majority of people think that is too long there is multiple ways to make it go quicker such as
    a. Remove a grace period and or lower the time of it
    b. Once the grace period is over make the border shrink faster.
    c. Once all the players are in-game there could be a timer ex. Once 15 minutes have passed all players will be teleported to an arena regardless of how many players are alive.

- Will It Be The Same As The Old One? As I've said previously no it wouldn't or at least it shouldn't be because it'd get repetitive really easily.

Why Should UHC be brought back?

- It used to be a fan favorite for many people.
    - Mineplex's player base is dying sadly and I truly believe adding UHC would help with that for multiple reasons.
    a. It will bring an entire new player base to the server (Hopefully)
    b. It will stop current players from leaving because it's a new game mode to play (Well not new but hasn't been on the server in years.)
    c. This doesn't just haft to do with UHC if we aren't going to try anything new how do we expect mineplex to grow. (Don't mean to offend anyone mineplex is my favorite server)

Feedback.

- If you have feedback for this thread don't reply unless you have actual reasoning for this I'm 100% serious about this being added back.

- If you disagree please list reasoning with it don't just say," It shouldn't be added back because I don't like it."
    - If you have questions don't be afraid to ask.

All things considered.

If you have something negative to say don't reply (That does not include disagreeing that I feel is positive)

I really hope the developers take this into consideration
    I've put lots of effort into this if you don't want to add it back I won't be mad just as long as I get reasoning on why. I understand the developers are already busy as it is and are fine if it takes them a few months to get it done.

Thank you for taking the time to read why I believe UHC should be added back - TeniX_14

Posted Nov 13, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 13, 2019
  2. UHC was probably one of my favorite games back when it existed; I wasn't extremely good at it, mind you, only ending up with around 30 wins in total, but it was still fun nonetheless. I agree wholeheartedly with the point you make about having it be a special occasion on the server, like a weekly thing. I personally think that a good way that something like this could be implemented is if the Gem Fountain (originally used for Weekly Brawls during 2016-2017) was reintroduced in some shape or form. I'd personally love to see a re-introduction of some other deleted games put into this cycle as well because UHC is a pretty niche gamemode that not everyone on the server would necessarily enjoy a return of in any capacity, thus potentially hindering donations to the fountain as a whole. A set amount of gems donated per week could unlock one of these games (i.e. UHC) for the weekend.

When it was brought back briefly in the Classics Cow, the amount of players required to start a game had dropped down to only around 30 or so, and I think that's a fair balance for it. Games would probably have to be monitored, though, considering game rewards are so significant, cheaters would be running rampant. An old idea that players used to have for the old UHC consisted something along the staff members hosting the games to ensure that they're being played fairly. The problem I'd see with that is establishing a system to ensure there would be a staff member for every game as well as the fact that they'd have to also deal with closet cheaters, and considering only QA can effectively handle them, that puts a severe limit to the moderation power that a UHC host would have.

Unfortunately, I doubt anything like the old UHC would be brought back due to the fact that the old UHC code as a whole got completely removed, and I doubt completely recoding a game that only a select type of player would enjoy all for the sake of 2-3 days at a time would not be a high priority at all, and that's the primary reason the Gem Fountain was originally removed in the first place. There is a great thread written by @FuzzyJunior which discusses a potential UHC-inspired Nano Game, and I think that would be the most likely way UHC would make any sort of return to Mineplex.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  3. Yes, I am aware that this is not a high priority but maybe the developers could do a game similar to UHC like I was suggesting kits like champions etc I would be more than fine with coming up with more ideas. As I've said I don't really care if it's just something they do on the side it can be a few months before they even start coding it I just want them to give it a chance.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 13, 2019
  4. There's not nearly enough players at this point

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  5. Yes, I know and as I've stated this game could potentially bring along a new group of people to mineplex. Mineplex's player base has been declining over the last few months and I believe this game would help attract new players to mineplex. If not this game well I just think mineplex needs a new game overall it doesn't haft to be UHC.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 13, 2019