• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Show Health In All Games

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Vytas, Jan 27, 2020.

1. If you aren't aware in Cake Wars you have the ability to see how much health everybody has left below their nametag. My suggestion is for this to exist in all PvP based games. I sometimes find myself in close PvP fights and wonder how close I was to defeating them.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  2. Hello! I don’t really see any problems with this and it would be super helpful in games other PVP based games! I’d definitely like to see this implemented.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  3. Hey!

Firstly to get this out of the way, could you elaborate on what you mean by all PvP games? I see how there could be some potential confusion as to what constitutes a PvP game and I think a definitive list wouldn't do any harm.

Anyways, I think I'll have to disagree here. In Cake Wars, health is beneficial when knowing how to plan out your PvP effectively. It gives users a grounds by which to determine what strategies they may want to use against another person and how they will carry through with the combat. Keeping this in mind, the health is beneficial to Cake Wars. However, with other games this changes. In SSM for example, knowing other people's health leads to crazy amounts of targeting and makes games unfair. This is less so the case with Cake Wars where it's hard to specifically target one person, given things like map size, other players, and other factors that may influence one's ability to focus on just one player.

All of that being said, keeping in mind that there are other games which may experience similar issues such as SSM, I think that giving adding health to all PvP games is a bit of a stretch. For example, I think a game like Skywars could potentially benefit from such a feature as it wouldn't differ much from Cake Wars. However, as maps are smaller than Cake Wars maps I still could see targeting as a potential but I think it would be less of a problem than in a game like SSM where knowing someone's health would be game-breaking.

I think if you were to narrow down your list a bit to the specific games you think would benefit most from this, you could probably find some games that could definitely use this. Anyways, I like where your heads at, but I'll be leaving this as +0. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 and xGetRektedx like this.
  4. Hey! :sigils_down:

Thank you so much for submitting this idea! I like the concept of adding more health counters to games, but I'd have to argue that it shouldn't be in all games. My reason for arguing this is as simple as targeting and cleaning. For example in more solo game modes it can be very unpleasant when you kill someone and several people try cleaning you. For me adding tags in all modes would just increase the amount of cleaning, which for the average player is just not a good experience.

Adding health bars in more team based modes I could agree with however. The reason I think it would be good for team games is because then there will be more strategy on how to attack Team B. If there's teams of two and you see one of them is low and the other is full it could be a good strategy to 2v1 the higher health player and get the low player after, but if it were solo it's just highlighting that a player is low. So rather than having a large kill streak, the player would have to focus more on how to escape the situation knowing well that they can't run away from the fight, but they also know someone else is waiting to one shot them.

Once again, my first impression of this was that it's a cool idea, but after thinking about it a little more I'll have to restate my "balance" theory. Thank you for submitting this idea! It's awesome to see people actively trying to benefit the community, don't stop brainstorming!

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  5. I don't agree with making it public in all PvP games, but some of them work fine in.

In games like Cake Wars, people are constantly respawning over and over again, so seeing someone's health is not that big of an issue and can help players to understand if they should attack someone or not to get their cake. In this gamemode, it just makes sense to me to keep it in place as is since it has several uses. Additionally, getting targeted by people in this game does not really matter since you will respawn in just a few seconds, and if it is during Cake Rot, then it is only once instance in the entire game that this happens.

However, my issue comes into other games like Survival Games. Here, you only have one life, so you need to save it the entire game or you'll be out. Because of that, information like health can be much more sensitive in this game than in others where you respawn. Because of that, I don't agree with making it so that everyone can see their health. Instead of providing players with benefits, I see more things coming out of it that would be negative.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  6. Hey,

I don't agree that this should be enabled for all PvP games either, unfortunately. Part of the fun for me in games such as SG and Skywars is the risk that you take going into a fight not knowing how much health the other player has, as you know that you could possibly be eliminated. Adding health bars would remove that aspect, and would, in my opinion, completely change the way that the game is played. I personally think that this would only be a good idea to implement into game modes where you're able to respawn, since, as @jxcb | weary_face mentioned, seeing a player's health will not matter too much since they can simply come back.

Overall, I don't think this is necessarily a bad idea, just that it really depends on the game mode as I believe for some it could actually be negative. For that, I'll give this a +0.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  7. Hey! I don't really agree with this suggestion. If you were able to see health is all the games it would make them less enjoyable. In CakeWars it's fine to see the health because the map is big and the games can last awhile and like mentioned above you can respawn in CakeWars. Let's say this was added into SSM, it would make the game less enjoyable since it's exciting to know how long it will take for someone to die in SSM using your abilities, etc... SSM maps are also quite small compared to CakeWars and everyone is confined so it makes it exciting. Also, for SkyWars and Survival Games you've only got 1 life and it's exciting to see if the person you're fighting is almost dead. And many other games have reasons like that which make them enjoyable and exciting.

Unfortunately, for those reasons, I'm going to disagree with this being implemented.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
  8. Not really. After you eat someone's cake, everyone will still target the full diamond armor player, especially if you see that they are low on HP.
    ???
    This is a perfect reason why it should remain in only Cake Wars, you get respawns, and dying isn't really a problem unless your cake is gone.

As for the OP, why would you suggest this? There isn't a dire need for these in perfectly fine games, so adding this would just change what we have currently in other PvP games and possibly screw up the game. I don't see a good reason for adding this, so it simply shouldn't be added.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
    jxcb likes this.
  9. Hello, I don't quite agree with this suggestion. Although viewing others health can be very beneficial to some players, It could be very challenging for others. An example is Micro Battles. Micro Battles is already a more team-based/rushing styled game. Viewing others health would probably make the game faster due to quicker cleanups and targetting. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing this in Skywars as there is not back to back PvP like Micro Battles. Skywars, you would have time to heal up and use kits to get away quickly from people that are trying to clean you up like the ice bridge kit. I like the idea, I just don't think it should be implemented in all Mineplex PvP game modes.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
  10. Hey gamer,

Seeing health is something that definitely helps whilst playing CW, but this being an addition to other games isn't that good of an idea, and I'll try my best to explain why. In a game like SG, strategy is everything. You have to know when to eat a stew and when to use your abilities. That's apart of the skill factor in the game, and it makes the game more challenging and skill-based. Knowing people's health makes everything easier and gives away when someone should run or fight. Now, going into other PvP games like SSM. There are only 4 people, and seeing their health would just lead to people focusing on the lowest individual. It would completely change how the game is played. There are also those issues as others have mentioned getting cleaned, fast-paced games like Skywars, death tag, micro battles would all lead to cleaning and targeting. It just seems like something that should be avoided overall.

You're reasoning for this idea was so you could see how low the person you were fighting was, so I would suggest looking in the spectator compass after you die. After the queue update, health is displayed in that for each player in percentages. And you could always ask the person what they were on. These are the only solutions I can suggest because the cons for adding this outweigh the pros.

Posted Jan 29, 2020