• 387 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3530 Players Online
  • 3143 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

"Sign up here!"

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by andr3w, Dec 16, 2020.

?

Would you like this change to be implemented?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hey,

I've got a small QoL update idea for the forums, and it's mainly to prevent confusion. Currently, one of the 4 main home page "art slides" is suggesting the user to sign up, even if they are already logged into an account. It makes the home page look a little weird, as you can pretty much click the "Sign Up Here!" infinitely, even while logged in. Heres an image as to what I mean:

[​IMG]

~~

Posted Dec 16, 2020
    maevestarbaby, Fusafez, anna. and 3 others like this.
  2. Yeah, I definitely agree. It's weird being able press the 'Sign Up Here!' button while already being logged in. There really isn't anything else much I can say, but I think this is a great idea. +1

Posted Dec 16, 2020
    Fusafez and andr3w like this.
  3. Yeah, there is no reason for someone who is already logged in to be offered to sign up.
    I don't think that this is a major problem however.
    If this change wouldn't take up too much of the website developers' time it would be useful to "fix" it and clear up possible confusion within the forum members though.
    Great job on spotting this and suggesting this idea!
    Have a great day/night!

Posted Dec 16, 2020
    andr3w likes this.
  4. The thing about the Sign Up Here! art slide is that it is an interactive button, compared to the "Welcome to Mineplex!" slide. The "Apply for Staff" page would be useful in case staff members need to quickly copy and paste the application link when answering a question, but it just doesn't make sense for there to be a "Sign Up Here!" button for a user that is already signed up. The need may seem pretty little for most users, but for active forums members, it looks very strange and out of place after a little while. Clicking the button reloads the page and doesn't do anything, it just stays there which is a problem. The "Apply for Staff" page still brings players to the staff application page, while the "Sign Up Here!" button is completely out of place for all users who have already signed up.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 16, 2020
    Fusafez likes this.
  5. What did you do to your browser to make the slide look like that ಠ_ಠ

Could be possible, will have to look at this later after our current update though. I will be back :eyes:

Posted Dec 16, 2020
  6. I have an ultrawide monitor which probably adjusted the slide a bit :willy:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 16, 2020
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  7. I've noticed this and thought it was strange too. The big annoyance is sometimes it causes me to question if I'm logged in and double check. This seems like it would be a really quick fix so I hope they can get around to it.

Posted Dec 16, 2020
    andr3w likes this.
  8. Not too sure how easy this would be to change because the homepage would have to be made responsive depending on whether the user is logged in or not. However, if it is possible and isn’t too time-consuming I think that the slide should either be removed completely or changed to say ‘Welcome back, [user]!’ And something similar. Again this was just an example.
    -Bob

Posted Dec 17, 2020
    andr3w likes this.