• 1590 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5647 Players Online
  • 4057 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Simple Bedrock Change to Naming Pets

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by yvuggu, Jan 25, 2021.

?

Do you think this is a good change?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There are exactly six times that I have seen someone use the /rename command incorrectly, and I corrected them(two or three of them thanked me if you were wondering). Right now, the format that it tells you how to rename the pet looks like this:

"Hey player, you can name me!" message+(/rename)

This basically suggests that you use the /rename command. However it isn't entirely clear. I think it should be like this:

"Hey player, you can name me!" message+(e.g /rename Name)

This one clears things up much more.

This is probably a low priority change, but I do think it's necessary. Even though including parentheses is honestly the player's fault, this way the player doesn't wonder, "since I have a polar bear pet, do I do /rename polar bear Poly, or what? Or /rename pet or something."

Posted Jan 25, 2021
  2. bumping a thread with no feedback yet

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 28, 2021
  3. the only reason you have no feedback is because everyone agrees with you lol

Posted Jan 28, 2021
    Pumpedpixel, yvuggu and Fusafez like this.
  4. bump the bump
    Feel free to help me improve this message with suggestions!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 4, 2021
  5. interesting, would love to see this added in the future

Posted Feb 4, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  6. Hello! I have actually posted an idea similar to this in the past, and is now marked as processed. Basically, it’ll be to where the player will just tap on the pet, and it will open a menu allowing the player to rename their pet there instead of using a command. And the hologram will be changed to something like, “Tap to Rename”.

Posted Feb 4, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  7. Small feature but yea I can agree. Although I’d probably prefer being more open to something like @ReJo suggested above and overall just moving away from typing commands because sometimes it can still be inefficient. Especially if you’re playing on consoles.

Posted Feb 6, 2021
    yvuggu and ReJo like this.
  8. I have decided that I like ReJo's idea more and I will now lock this thread.
    Locked.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 6, 2021
    ReJo and maevestarbaby like this.
  9. I'm glad to say a very similar idea has already been added to the QoL document, as stated by Rejo. The idea on the QoL document will allow you to click a pet to rename it, which removes the need for a command or any command help. As this idea is being planned for the QoL update, I will be marking this thread as Processed and locking the thread.

Posted Feb 11, 2021
    yvuggu and ReJo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.