• 2134 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10572 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SkarmMines? Skarm? Mod?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by skarm, Aug 5, 2019.

1. woah there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So you just happened to stumble by my thread, well let me introduce myself!

Cheesy intro aside, hi everyone! I realize that I haven't done one of these, at least not on the new forums, so here we are! My name is skarm, formerly known as SkarmMines or widely known as Sammie or Sam. I'm a Moderator on Mineplex as some of you may know (I hope). I'm a part of two current subteams, Ideas Team and QAT, and was previously on Translations Team [Spanish] for a year and three months before leaving. Some things I like to do within the Mineplex network is definitely hang around the forums and type away responses to awesome threads, interacting through the Mineplex Discord [catch me singing awesome tunes at Karaoke (;], and playing some of my favorite games which include but are not limited to, Cake Wars, Skywars and NANO. In the future I hope to join RA as a subteam that'll eventually lead me to becoming a Recruiter as it's my dubbed "dream team".

Outside of Mineplex, I'm an upcoming sophomore in college studying to get a degree in Political Science in hopes of going to law school and becoming a lawyer specialized in Immigration, Civil Rights or Criminal law under defense attorney. In my free time, I like to read, write and draw [the ultimate trio] as well as go out with friends. I love listening to music, huge huge fan of just typically any genre except hardcore country. I used to play soccer in highschool but didn't pursue or commit to it in college. I was a forward and was on my school's varsity team for 3 years so that's pretty cool! Another fun fact is that I'm trilingual! I was born in Venezuela and later moved to the United States. I speak English and Spanish fluently and I'm conversational in Portuguese!

I don't want to drag this out too long but I just wanted to introduce myself to the people that don't know much about me, now you do! If you ever see me around, feel free to say hi or even hit me with a nice /f skarm in game, I love making friends! Until next time, ..... ;D

Also, @Dulciloquy is my best friend hehe

Posted Aug 5, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 5, 2019
    Tours, Hestong, Acerna and 15 others like this.
  2. Hey Sammie!

It's always a pleasure talking to you, and you're such a fun and bubbly person. Your singing is incredible, and Camila would be proud.

I find it really cool that you're studying Political Science and hope to go into law, as that is pretty much the exact same path I am hoping to pursue. I wish you the best of luck with that, as well as with joining Recruitment as an RA!

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    skarm likes this.
  3. Sissss yessss about timeeeee. I remember when Me, you, ash and colby we're like the group in the Enderman Discord lounge it was so much fun that we even formed an entire massive group. We all got to know so much about each other but I obviously didn't learn enough. I never knew you we're apart of the Soccer Team in High School or wanting to go on the Recruitment. I think you we're a Stm last time you we're Staff Member and you said might go back if you we're accepted or something. But it looks like you changed your decision? I obviously if I get that far is to be apart of the Recruitment team also. I am not the best with languages but I can speak very little Spanish and barely any Swedish. I see this trend of people just introducing themselves so I might join in on the trend. I love NANO, of course I get tired of it sometimes but mostly it's just fun overall. I also tried friending you in-game too many times when you're online and I was just ignored so R.I.P. I always see you in the Discord and especially Karaoke. Your voice is literally better than an angel it self, it's hard to see people that talented. You're also very fun person to talk to. Good Luck on getting Recruitment and as always, have a great day! :D

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    skarm likes this.
  4. Hi there, Skarm!!

I'm pretty sure I know you, right? Let me introduce to myself! My name is Phamtastic, and I'm a Mineplex Sr. Moderator, Forum Ninja. I'm part of 4 sub-teams, Stream, Reports, Events, and Ideas. I officially joined Mineplex around September 2014. Eventually, I bought two ranks, Hero, and Legend. Being a Hero and Legend was a blast because I had a Phamtastic in-game and forums tag. I got accepted to Trainee on January 29, 2016; I got promoted to Mod on April 3, 2016, and promoted to Sr. Mod on May 12, 2019.

I love to listen to music too! I listened to Ariana Grande and Shawn Mendes songs, all of their songs are great!

Anyways, I want to wish you the best luck on getting to the Recruitments team! :D

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    skarm likes this.
  5. Actually @Dulciloquy is my best friend

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    skarm likes this.
  6. Hey Skarm, it's nice seeing you members make a proper introduction :D
    I never knew you aspired to study law - that's super cool! My best friend is going to the UK to study law, and he's looking into private or corporate law. Your language skills are also impressive, not many people are trilingual - which is really impressive. I'd also like to join translations (once I finish my trial :P), but it's really nice of you to help out the community with the languages you're experienced in.
    I also never knew you played football, I really like the sport (even though I'm very bad at it). Do you play any other sports, now that you're in college?

My name's Egg, I'm a train on MP and I love skating, playing tennis or volleyball, and enjoy hanging out with friends, too! I spend a lot of my time on Mineplex either playing SSM or handling work around the server, and I love talking to my batches over discord and just having a good time with friends :P
    My tastes in music vary, but I like Lofi, Kpop, and Trap depending on my mood. (I also like pop but only really listen to Ariana Grande, Eden, or Bastille).

Super cool to get to know you better - and I wish you *super-duper* late, yet warm welcome to the forums <33

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    Idut and skarm like this.
  7. Have you listened to the new song "Boyfriend" by Ariana Grande though :thinking:

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    cerns and skarm like this.
  8. ??Who??

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    skarm likes this.

9. Thank you! Yes sis, my singing skills are out of this world, I'm Camila's twin sister. In all seriousness thank you very much for your really nice comment! Yeah, not a lot of people know I'm actually studying law, or that I'm even in college, so it's cool to kind of put out in the open what I do / am planning to do in the future to see if there's anyone with a similar career in mind.

Oh my gosh, yes! I remember back in February when I had just come back to Mineplex and that call. It was such a good night because I made some friends to last me a lifetime. Actually, when I was staff previously in 2018, I wasn't a part of the StM team, although I wanted to be! Staff Management interests me very much, however I'm more interested in Recruitment and decided to focus on working towards that goal this time around as staff. I don't know if you were being serious about me being "talented" in singing because I'm anything but HAHA! Thanks for the compliment though! <3

Yes!!!!!!!! We love Ariana and Shawn in this house. They were actually the last two concerts I went to! On July 25th I went to see and actually meet Shawn when he toured here in Texas. I spent months looking for tickets to his show and after not finding any that were at a reasonable price, my parents surprised me on my birthday with floor and meet and greet tickets! I had a blast, and for Ariana, I also met her but that came out of my own pocket. Those two are definitely my favorite pop artists with Camila Cabello added onto that list.

False!, she's mine.

That's cool, what language do you want to be a part of on the Translations Team? Also, yeah I love football (finally there's someone that doesn't call it soccer, I had to say that in my post so people wouldn't mistake it for American football haha) but I actually don't play any sports anymore now that I'm in college. I'm hoping to possibly pick football back up or maybe even tennis, but we'll see! Aaaaah I love Kpop! Who do you listen to? I'm personally a huge Blackpink, Twice and BTS fan.

....Never heard of her, do you know who skarm is?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2019
    Goudge ✦ and PapiKirito like this.
  10. Hola Skarm! Great that you introduced yourself on here, only maybe a year late, but hey! Better late than never! xD

I'm CreepBro06, the only underage applicant in the last batch of trainees. I've been attempting for Trainee for over a year and a half now, so it's a dream to finally be on the team!

Usually this is where I say, "Hopefully I'll see you around in-game sometime," but I just realized, I'm going to be seeing a lot of staff members this year. So, see you later? xD

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    Idut and skarm like this.
  11. Hi Sammie!
    I mean, we talk pretty frequently, so I don't know why I'm replying to this, but what the heck haha. I was also a part of the Ideas Teams so I do know what you are talking about. It's pretty cool. And I didn't know you were persuing law! That is definitely something that has intrigued me in the past, so it is pretty interesting to hear. It's also cool hearing that you are going for RA/Recruitment (even though I've known this forever haha). It is also a path that I want to pursue, joining the recruitment team. Honestly, RA is the best team I've ever been on, and the best 6 months I've experienced on the staff team. Anyways, it was cool hearing more about you, we should talk even more.

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    skarm likes this.
  12. Hey Skarm! Great to see you back in the forums! Keep doing up the good work!

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    skarm likes this.
  13. Hi Skarm!! It's nice to know more about you. I've seen you in a few forums posts and I was on the mineplex discord for a week and I can't remember what all mods I met there. I've always liked soccer, though I stopped playing it in 5th grade due to me being minorly injured in the foot, never got it checked out but I think I hurt some of the nerves in my foot from being kicked in the foot. Though you stopped playing it seems like it was cool. Something funny is originally when I saw you on forums I thought you were SkramMines, later to find out it was Skarm, I laughed at myself when I noticed the mistake. I love meeting people who are older than me and still play MC, though I meet many 15 yr olds I rarely meet anyone in collage. I am currently a 12 year old going into the 7th grade in 11 days. BTW I'm currently learning spanish and even have a bet with a friend I started tonight that I'll have it fluent in a week (still barely starting overall on spanish tho). I'm a bedrock and java player, but since they have different games and the two minecraft versions are completely different that leaves me with 2 favorite Mineplex Games, My favorite bedrock minigame is SkyWars, and my favorite Java minigame is Nano Games. Anyways nice to get to know you more and cya around!

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    skarm likes this.
  14. Hey Skarm!
    My name is Nick, or AyyNick (IGN). I loved reading through your introduction, it was very interesting and also very unique to your personality. I think it's super awesome that you decided to finally make an introduction post, letting everyone know who you are! I think you have a very interesting career choice up ahead for you, I actually considered studying Politics, but I am more locked on becoming a detective or forensic scientist. Best of luck with school, I hope you can achieve your career goals and also your goals on Mineplex! It was great to be introduced to you, I love making new friends. I'll add you in-game when I am online. Hope to see more of your around the forums :)

Posted Aug 6, 2019
    skarm likes this.
  15. Hello Skarm! My full name is MrDrProfessor. I was on Ideas Team trial once but resigned on the 14th day, I am uncomfortable with disclosing why. The only sub-Team I am on right now is Map Testing. I am also active on all three areas of the network and my favourite games consist of The Bridges, Survival Games, and Cake Wars.

I am a junior in high school come September. The courses I took next semester outside of English and math are physics, chemistry, Music - Guitar, computer science, psychology, and computer engineering. I aim to get a degree in one of the sciences or anything related to medicine. In my free time, my hobbies other than video games include ice hockey, playing guitar, reading, and YouTube. I play on my town's competitive A team as a centre, my favourite position. I was born in Canada and raised here. My only fluent language is English but I also know French, Mandarin, and Thai.

I have seen you around a few times in Cake Wars and of course, a lot on the forums and Discord.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Aug 6, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 6, 2019
    skarm likes this.
  16. woah this seems like a cool person

Posted Aug 6, 2019
    Idut likes this.
  17. And me!

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  18. yesss!! C; Kind of wish we can reunite the squad :(

Posted Aug 8, 2019
    Slipest likes this.
  19. That would be fun :(

Posted Aug 8, 2019
    Dezzy likes this.
  20. Heyoo!

Hey skarm, glad you made an introduction! My name's Spike my in game name is SpikeCreates and I'm currently a Trainee and I am also hoping to join Recruitment Assistance too, though I'm also aiming for Event Assistance as well! I know we've talked a lot and it's so true, your such an amazing singer! I also love NANO and Skywars, I guess I can always go for a few rounds of Cake Wars here and there. Anyway, nice to meet you skarm! c:

~Cheers!
    -SpikeCreates

Posted Aug 8, 2019