• 647 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2731 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Skeletal Horse is broken

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by KarmaCallama, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Well I personally don't think the kit is as easy to pick up as wolf, blaze, or creeper, skeletal horse is broken.

It's combination of bone rush, bone kick and deadly bones makes it very difficult to approach and bone rush + attack + deadly bones can take away 10 hearts instantly. Bone kick can also lead to cheap kills even when you aren't on a ledge as the kb is crazy. On certain maps they can camp in spots and make them virtually impossible to approach.

Along with dealing lots of damage the armor is strong and the cooldowns are relatively short for how effective they are.

I've seen a significant increase in the amount of horse players to the point where there is one in around half of my games. The game was already unbalanced enough as it is and now it continues to get worse.

The horse needs to either have deadly bones removed, or an increased cooldown on 1 or both of its abilities.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
    saltyfishhy, Mitchy and matrixyst like this.
  2. Yes, it is planned to nerf skeleton horse... given that we have an SSM update. Imo, more drastic nerfs are needed than the ones you suggested.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
    Mitchy, Task, matrixyst and 2 others like this.
  3. i don't understand what they were thinking when they designed bone pony - the damage output of Zombie with half the effort and none of the skill? the kb potential of creeper but it's literally an entire hitbox in front of you? a passive that literally punishes people for... playing the game? such a poorly designed kit that encourages completely shutting your brain off to maximize returns, hope gi nerfs it into the ground lmao

Posted Oct 16, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  4. It was a cool kit when it has infernal horror but even then it was too basic. Deadly bones are pretty bad but can be very annoying, and don't really require effort from shorse, another one of the "0 IQ needed to use" passive gang.
    Damage output overall is pretty crazy to the point it can almost 1 shot low armor kits, so yeah definitely needs a nerf but it's not like it's gonna get one at least for another 3 years (then it would be nerfed by mp shutdown lel)

Posted Oct 17, 2019
  5. Creeper broken, Wolf broken, and now Horse broken... I'm doubting whether players post these threads objectively or based on it-destroyed-my-main-so-it-is-overpowered logic

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    Task likes this.
  6. Hey!

Yea, I guess I can kind of agree that this kit is becoming some what overpowered! I would like a nerf for some of the kits that we all think are way to overpowered, it would just make the game more balanced in general, it would also make the game more enjoyable for the SSM player base to continue playing SSM!

Have a good day!

Posted Oct 18, 2019
  7. Creeper isn’t broken, wolf is. If you’ve played against a good skeleton horse player, some are literally able to delete 10 hearts with just one combo with its abilities. It’s definitely too strong.

Posted Oct 18, 2019
  8. Imagine getting 10 hearts deleted in one combo

This comment is made by Iron Golem gang :D

Posted Oct 18, 2019
  9. Creeper is not broken, it just has one spammy annoying move that deals way too much knockback. It is usually pretty beatable but there are some really annoying games against it.

Spider, wolf, and horse are broken, and I say that as a sorta spider main myself.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 18, 2019
  10. LMFAO
    Did you just make a forum post just because eHaely railed you with skeletal horse?

Any kit is broken when the player is good enough, you just cant say a kit is broken because you dont like playing against it or you just can figure any strat to couter that player or kit he's playing with

Posted Oct 18, 2019
  11. I've beaten eHailey before and I've also beaten your slime numerous times, doesn't make either kit balanced, both are broken. HuntOnyx's chicken usually beats me but the chicken isn't broken.

Yes any kit can be good if you have enough skill but some are obviously far more effective than others to the point of this game being unbalanced.

Someone that puts in 300 games with skeletal horse is going to get a lot farther than if they put in 300 games with chicken. The point having so many kits isn't to have some have far more potential and strength than others, it's to have as many different styles of play as possible. Matchups shouldn't be impossible.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 18, 2019
    Mitchy, Task, SpitefulNick and 3 others like this.
  12. That doesn’t make the kit any less broken even if it was the case.

False. Not every kit is broken. The kit itself determines how strong it is, not the player. And sometimes, a kit is unenjoyable to play against because it is broken.

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    KarmaCallama and matrixyst like this.
  13. Skeleton horse practically has no counters unless you have god like aim with bow or the player is new. I play ssm all the time, I see players like eHaily who just shreks everyone in one go and launches you 30miles away. People abuse it’s brokenness ALOT.

Posted Oct 19, 2019
    eHailey, SpitefulNick and Mitchy like this.
  14. Skeleton horse is kind of a scumbag kit if you think about it. It really isn't that hard to pick up because I beat a lvl 100 skelly horse main with 3k wins twice on like my 3rd and 4th time using it. I also beat it with my main, squid, a few times. That other horse legit had no clue how to left click. But it was still a pain trying to kill it because that person and so many other people who use it just find a good camping place and just use bone rush or bone kick on you when you actually try to fight them. Because of this, it makes it super annoying to beat them. I honestly don't know why people are still trying to defend this kit. It is definitely broken, but they're probably just trying to defend it because it's their main and they can't use anything else.

btw there's these 2 90+ lvl skelly horses who are ALWAYS in the same game together and lowkey 2v1 people. But they also camp, so it just makes it worse

Posted Oct 26, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  15. Skeletal Horse is ez

Posted Nov 7, 2019 at 9:50 AM
  16. Sounds like she is just better than you all tbh. I've played against her horse plenty of times and she actually puts strategy into what she does, unlike those two uwuAlly and uwuMeg horse players

Posted Nov 7, 2019 at 8:56 PM
  17. The last time I saw eHailey was in Apache and she just camps on a tree the entire match. And when anyone approaches her, she just Bone Kicks EVERY ONE of them into the void lul; "strategy"

Posted Nov 8, 2019 at 5:56 AM
    matrixyst likes this.
  18. I have to agree with this idea. I’ve faced up against many skeletal horses and I usually get close but they just use bone kick and get me farther. Even though it costs a lot I think it should be nerfed. +1

Posted Nov 8, 2019 at 6:02 AM
  19. Hey there!

I totally see what you’re saying. I started taking SSM seriously last week, and of corse I naturally gravitated to using the kit in every game. I haven’t no skill whatsoever in this game because I suck, but skeletal horse doesn’t take any skill to play. I could not agree more that it is way too overpowered.

I think deadly bones needs to go for sure, and bone kick needs like 3 or 4 extra seconds on the cooldown. Bone kick’s cooldown is quite short and allows for it to be spammed quite a bit.

Thanks for actually including suggestions in your thread. Some people just come here to rant about a kit they don’t like and don’t actually discuss ways it could be better.

Posted Nov 8, 2019 at 7:02 AM
  20. Hey!

I can relate, skeletal horse is sometimes annoying to play against! I love playing SSM as Wither skeleton for the most part, but it can get annoying when you just get thrown off the map by a skeletal horse. I play with @saltyfishhy in SSM a lot and not going to lie, it gets annoying, but it's fine.. Lol I think bone kick could use a nerf for the cooldown time of that specific move, this would allow for more players to easily counter this skeletal horse kit.

Posted Nov 8, 2019 at 7:22 AM
    saltyfishhy likes this.