• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11612 Players Online
  • 8722 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Skin Applications

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by CupAWup, May 28, 2019.

1. So there is a website where you create skins called _________ (Censored till a mod says I can show it). Since people can make skins but not actually meet the requirements of the Skin Artist Dev, so maybe there can be an application for it, but the skins have to be for Mineplex. I made 2 skins, but they're not Mineplex related you know (Its in Arts/Banner Showcase). The players have to submit them in packs and is a month event (This should be a certain month in the summer as you dont usually have school in summer)!

Posted May 28, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jun 2, 2019
    _Rivka_ likes this.
  2. Hey there!
    Very interesting idea presented. I enjoy the idea of the ability for the community to get involved in multiple areas of the sever, especially when it comes to particular skin packs. Skin applications however seem to be quite a challenging idea to put through. I think that if this were implemented, each skin would basically have to undergo a whole process of following a particular theme.

Skin releases have been centered around a theme or two, the most recent being of pirates. If skin applications were a thing I think that it would disturb the already easy going process of the marketing team in developing skins and themes. Secondly, I feel like this would result in a messy situation. Let me elaborate; Although players would like to display their talent (as I'm sure you do) in their skin design, I do not think that it would help the overall flow with the processing of skins. How will the skins be judged? How long would an average skin take to be rejected or denied? It just disturbs the peace we have right now.

I definitely think there should be an option for community input put in skin development but my only concern is that is complicates the process. 0 from me as of right now but very unique and interesting idea!

Posted May 28, 2019
  3. I believe they hire Artists and Designers internally and isn't a position where you can apply for.

Posted May 29, 2019
  4. Treasure the experience. Dreams fade away after you wake up.

Tours' post sums up why it wouldn't work efficiently. The skins that would be submitted would have to be of a certain quality and it would be monotonous work to go through all of the submissions for whoever had to do it. Also, the skin artists make the entire skin pack instead of individual skins (in the sense that they have a common theme and are all of the same quality) but with player submissions, it would be hard to mix them in together unless the players worked together on the same theme. Overall, it would be super inefficient as a year-round thing although I could see it as a once every (insert time period) event, with the players having to create an entire skin pack (or have a common theme).

[​IMG]

Posted Jun 2, 2019
    Johnny Welamton and Tours like this.
  5. Hello!

I'm going to have to give this idea a -1. It would probably be a mess considering the required themes of the skins, which requires the player to know what skin packs would be releasing next, which means that the player would have to be under NDA. Many players wouldn't sign it just to send in a skin, however the players that are that dedicated enough to sign it, shouldn't they just apply for Skin Artist anyway?

I don't think this system would be proven to be efficient for the Marketplace team, and my advice to you is to attempt to achieve all of the requirements for the Skin Artist position, and then apply!

Good luck!

Posted Jun 2, 2019