• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5383 Players Online
  • 2493 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

/skin Improvement

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Paladise, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Hello <o/

When I recently got Immortal I noticed that you could add someone's skin by doing /skin <name of player>. However, this will only add it to your skins list, and will not equip it. I propose that if you already have that player on your skins list, and you do /skin <their name>, it will automatically equip that player's skin for you, and you won't have to go through the hassle of searching through the GUI for the skin you want. This will be very beneficial for players that have bought the Multiple Skin Changer Pages in the Immortal Perk shop, and beneficial to anyone who currently has Immortal.

Feel free to write any feedback down below!

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  2. Hey!

I know exactly what you mean, as it's a huge hassle adding a skin in-game and then having to remember to actually equip it while in the game lobby/hub. However, Mineplex seems awfully set on players not being able to change skins while a game is ongoing, and being respectful of this, this feature wouldn't be possible. However, I do think that if you are waiting in a game lobby or hub lobby, this feature being added would definitely be really nice!

My one concern aside, I do not see any clear negatives to this idea, so it's a +1 from me, and I would love to see it implemented.

Thank you for sharing your idea!
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    Paladise, Sailings and Im_Ken like this.
  3. Yo!

I'd like to see this implemented. Personally, it does get a bit annoying when you have to go through your skins list to find that one skin that you wanna try out or put on for any reason. Being able to use a command would be beneficial as it would be quicker and easier for players, especially the ones with a lot of skin pages that are filled. In response to @Bobert2013, this may still be added in, just whenever you're in a game it will be disabled. But yeah, it may still work in hubs/game lobbies.

Now how this will work is, instead of using /skin (name), a new command called /skinset (name) may be in place for this. Since /skin (name) already has it's own feature, /skinset would have it's own feature, which is to set a skin under someone's name on your skins list.

Overall, I like the idea and would be cool with it getting added. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  4. Hey Bob! This is a nice idea and I hope that it will get implemented soon. I do agree with you that it is a hassle to search through the GUI for a skin that I know I want. I will give this post a +1

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  5. I don't see an issue with this at all. As long as they make the command impossible to change skin in a game, then we're good. As some mentioned above it just makes it easier and less of a hassle to look through the GUI.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  6. Hey!
    I really like this idea, it definitely can be beneficial to immortals and doesn't seem that hard to implement.
    I personally don't mind going into the skin changer menu but, it can get frustrating at times when your looking for a specific skin and can't find it. The /skin feature is really nice to have but I think making it so when you do "/skin (user)" you will become that skin if its added to your menu already by doing "/skin add (user)" if that would be possible, if that makes sense. Or maybe if you do "/skin (user)" it will automatically equip and add the skin to your menu to make it easier?
    I also see this being useful especially in places other than a lobby where you cannot access the skin changer in your hot bar. I know plenty of times where I have changed my skin and forgot to change it back during a game so I'd have to go back to a lobby to fix it.
    Overall, really good idea. I think this would be an easy implementation to the server and would be used quite often by immortals for an easier and faster way to change their skins.
    +1 idea

Posted Aug 6, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  7. Helloooo

I would love for this idea to be implemented. When I had immortal for the first time, I actually believed this is what /skin was used for. I thought it would automatically equip the skins, so I was a bit confused at first. I can definitely see why this is wanted by the community, and it would be great to have this small idea put into the game. Like Free said, it would obviously have to be disabled in games, but it would be a really nice addition for when you want to change skins in the lobby without have to look through your pages of already acquired skins. Overall, I would be pleased to have this idea for making player's lives easier. +1 for me, thanks for suggesting!

Posted Aug 6, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  8. Don't see any downsides to this. It makes /skin more clear as to what it does. Maybe it could even go a step forward and start delete the oldest skins you have one at a time if you run out of spaces on your skin page but still want to use the feature.

Posted Aug 6, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  9. Hiya!

I believe this idea should be implemented! I originally thought this was how /skin was originally developed until I realized you actually had to equip the skin yourself. I really see no harm with this and I feel it would make /skin a little quicker and less confusing. It's a pretty small update, but I'm sure it's significant enough to be added and included with the /skin command. Overall I give this idea a +1 as I see no harm in implementing it. Thanks for mentioning it!

Posted Aug 6, 2020
    Paladise and PieOrPi like this.
  10. I like this idea, it'll definitely save some time instead of having to sort through a page, or multiple to find the right skin you saved. I'm all for this, and there aren't really any negatives to it. I would suggest that having a specific command for this might be a nice idea. I think keeping /skin <name> is good for adding the skin to your library, so maybe a /skin set or on <name> could work well to quickly equip it. Nice idea overall, and I'm keen on having this change implemented in the future.

Posted Aug 6, 2020
    Paladise likes this.