• 1270 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7633 Players Online
  • 6363 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Skins

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by conicalbike153, Jan 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You should block smaller skins on the server such as the baby yoda skin as it makes games like cake wars unfair and a lot lot less fun. If you blocked these skins then the games would be more enjoyable as people wouldn't feel As if others were cheating just because they can manage to buy a certain skin

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    Pumpedpixel, yvuggu and anna. like this.
  2. here's a response on another similar thread from a bedrock IT member;

(thread: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/why-cant-we-ban-small-skins.175002/)

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  3. Contary to what the user above me suggested, this is planned in the future. You will find many threads that are marked "Processed" about small skins. Skins that are smaller than the default skin size will not be allowed.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    tricorder likes this.
  4. When he says “It won’t violate our agreement with Microsoft”, it’s wrong in two ways. First of all, the EULA is enforced by Mojang, not Microsoft. Why would a tech brand like Microsoft care about tiny skins? It would never go that far. That’s up to Mojang. And second, Mojang doesn’t have a problem with it. I in fact contacted them and they said that servers can enforce their own rules for these kinds of things. Now we just need to know why Mineplex delayed removing them for so long. Other then that though, the post you quoted is accurate.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    anna. likes this.
  5. Mojang is owned by Microsoft and our contacts for Bedrock are considered Microsoft representatives. This is also not entirely true. The agreement to become a partnered server does have some conditions, which doesn't allow us to "ban" any of the official Microsoft skins. With that being said, we can "block" them from joining or joining specific games. There are a ton of other rules that we have to follow, including not having private chats/private messaging, but I won't go into that, as it is not relevant and I don't even know the full extent to what we are allowed/not allowed to do. But it still stands true that we can not do whatever we want, as there are specific rules partnered servers have to follow.

In regards to why it took so long, I am not entirely sure. I am not going to speculate, as there could be tons of reasons, but at least it is going to happen. I believe it has been planned for a little bit, but we just got confirmation from the development team that it was approved, which is why we just began processing threads for it.

I hope that clears up any confusion regarding my post.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  6. i can completely see your frustration here, its been an issue on mineplex bedrock since before I even joined 3 years ago. as other have stated above mineplex cant just ban any skin they don't like, since they have to follow certain rules and regulations that were set by Microsoft. its possible that mineplex can just ban them from certain game modes like cake wars or micro battels but I don't see them doing it anytime in the near future.
    i think the reason why its taking so long is because they have to negotiate with Microsoft to make sure that banning them from certain game modes wouldn't violate their agreement. anyways, i agree that they should be removed from pvp game modes but unfortunately, it probably wont happen anytime soon

Posted Jan 15, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 15, 2021
  7. Hey!

As you’ve seen above, Mineplex is actually going to be blocking these skins in the future so you won’t have to worry about them anymore. I agree they can be frustrating to fight against and am glad they’re going to be blocked on the network. With that said, thanks for suggesting this idea and due to it being added in the future, I’ll mark this thread as processed.

Idea Processed

Posted Jan 16, 2021
    anna. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.