• 1099 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1099 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Skybasing is really the only good strat now.

Discussion in 'The Bridges' started by Tranquil1ty, May 4, 2020.

1. BEFORE YOU FLAME ME, HEAR ME OUT. I like actually trying to win. Getting full diamond, rushing mid, but the current state of the game is not great. It doesn't get many players, which can lead to kinda long que times. My main point now. Most of time in games, there are full teams of like 8-9 immortals who are all gods at pvp, all in a discord call, and have been playing for hours on end. Getting rushed at the beginning and having your team wiped out in the first minute is not fun, it's infuriating. My cousin and I play the bridges a lot, and we've found that if we actually want a chance of winning, skybasing is what works. You can't get rushed instantly, and you can actually kill some of the people who go for you. I'll also give a quick transcript of what skybasing sounds like. "OH GOD THEY'RE COMING THROUGH (laughing) AAAAAAA COVER UP THE HOLES (still laughing)" so even having a call of 1 person, or just having fun on your own, can lead to a much more fun bridges experience than getting rushed every time. Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Posted May 4, 2020
  2. I mean i agree, I've felt this way about bridges since 2017. If you don't have a lot of good people in a party you are just going to get zerg rushed so you might as well just skybase. Not really much to be done about it though.

Posted May 5, 2020
  3. I remember I used to be able to solo queue bridges and get wins back in the day but now the parties have ruined the game and I stopped playing awhile back. They need to implement random teams even from parties to balance the game

Posted May 5, 2020
  4. Yeah, I agree. It's still fun to play but playing solo is impossible. Playing with friends is so much fun though.

Posted May 6, 2020
    Truthhs likes this.
  5. I've seen this happen in cake wars too. When you become an immortal, you join the community of immortals. They have their own chat that is completely private from everyone else and it is also across the entire network. This chat makes it extremely easy for immortals to just unite, party, and join a game to dominate. Most people with the rank immortal have been playing mineplex for 4+ years so they are all experienced and good at pvp. With this chat you can create an elite team within minutes without having to do interviews etc.

Posted May 6, 2020
  6. My point exactly. That is also why I mostly do duos cake wars. A team of immortals is a lot easier to take on.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 6, 2020
  7. why dont just add the sg boarder to bridges like adjust it a little. i think its so stupid that there is skybasing.

Posted May 6, 2020
  8. what skybasing is like the only thing keeping this game playable for casuals/non-parties. It's fine how it is.

Posted May 6, 2020
  9. Bruh immortal doesnt make you good

Posted May 7, 2020
  10. Skybasing is a strategy just as rushing. There already is a world border, it just is not visible like the one in survival games. With the exception of Skylands, every map has a border that is close to the island.

Posted May 7, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  11. This is mainly the reason why I don’t play Bridges much anymore; I’m not the best at PvP but I always found Bridges to be super fun, but after spending 10 minutes getting stacked it isn’t fun at all to get rushed right at the beginning by those who are great at PvP. I totally understand your frustration, but unfortunately as rushing is a legitimate strategy there’s nothing you can do about it.

Posted May 7, 2020
  12. yeah tell that when im the last person on a team and 3 to 5 different people literally skybase.

Posted May 7, 2020
  13. again, it is just a strategy. It can be annoying when there is a team of 8 sky basing and there is just you left, but that is how it works. I have been on both ends of that.

Posted May 7, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  14. then learn how to counter it lol. just build up to them and whittle them down one by one. you can't counter a team of 9 immortals all targeting you as soon as bridges spawn

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 8, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  15. Yo!!

Bridges is by far my favorite game. I'm able to play with my friends and it creates tons of memories together. With the gamemode, there are tons of gameplay styles that players like to take on. I understand your frustrations but when it comes to team games there isn't much you can do to stop that. I usually play with at least a few friends to allow us to win if possible. Playing alone requires me to really look at the teams and if I am not able to compete against a coordinated team that may be playing in a party I usually leave. The only way to really counter that is to play with your friends and work as a team. However, you did bring up Skybasing. Skybasing is such a fun yet powerful strategy. If I do skybase with my friends I do go destructor and gather as many building blocks as possible. With this, any players who come attacking towards you, you're able to shoot them off with your archer kit, TNT them with the TNT kit, and so much more. And even if our base does crumble to the ground my friends and I still have tons of fun!

Posted May 9, 2020
    RainbowUnicornGM and CHRlSTlAN like this.
  16. I don't get why everyone is complaining about huge parties all the time just kill all of them and be pro its not that hard to win an 8v1 against tryhards :/

Posted May 12, 2020
  17. With only a few thousand players on this once monumental server, you are more likely to keep coming across those kinds of parties. There is nothing Mineplex can really do, unless removing the party feature which will cause an uproar and for good reason. Players just want to enjoy themselves, and if that is what they want to do, then so be it. The Bridges is one of the most popular games on Mineplex, so you should not much trouble finding other games that are not infested by these parties.

There is a planned nerf Game Insights is considering where you can no longer bridge as far outwards from islands or anywhere outside of the bridges. They are also making the skybases 10 blocks tall at max, so it is easier to get up there without being projectile spammed off. These forms of playing The Bridges prolongs the game and is quite unbalanced, seen as water flow is no longer present to save you from falling. Unfortunately, this will make these parties even more painful.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted May 13, 2020
  18. Yo! I'm totally for a skybase game in bridges. I'll usually have a few friends with me and just end up going destructor, appler, or archer just to troll around and get some kills. Although it is probably a bit annoying for the last few people to go after the players in the skybase, I find that I have actually won multiple times from playing that way. When I'm not skybasing with friends, I enjoy armoring up and rushing to mid or to people's islands along with my team.

Posted May 20, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.
  19. Only issue with this is that then the parties don't have fun :(

Posted May 30, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and CHRlSTlAN like this.
  20. better than wasting ten minutes of your life to be annihilated instantly by 7 immortals.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 30, 2020
    aaawesome likes this.