• 1063 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1063 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Skybasing is really the only good strat now.

Discussion in 'The Bridges' started by Tranquil1ty, May 4, 2020.

1. Find some friends, group up and BE the winners! :)

Posted May 30, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.
  2. I completely agree with everyone and what they are saying on the thread but nothing can really be changed about it. Skybasing is a strat that can't really be removed since it's what a lot of people prefer to use. I will say though if you rush mid and get bows and play super strategic you should be able to beat any type of player

-Cheese :D

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.
  3. haha I've been skybasing for as long as I can remember, I think I found my people.

Posted Jun 11, 2020
    Tranquil1ty, R1CEGUM and Pyu[Cinia] like this.
  4. Yeh I agree. It is very op at the moment. It does sort of ruin the game slightly as it takes some of the pvp aspect out of the game.

Posted Jun 13, 2020
  5. Hey

I feel you, trust me, I have been playing bridges since 2014, even spent a few years in the bridges competitive league. I only became a good pvper in maybe 2018 so before that I was in your situation, I wouldn't say a party of 9 is there every game because most of the time it is a party of 5 or below, anyways, it is hard and annoying but you need to turn the negative into a positive, flip the switches and become a strat genius, like I mentioned before, I spent a few years in the bridges competitive league which makes public bridges just seem like a walk in the park so I know a few strategies.

Skybasing is a great strategy but I do agree that it gets kinda boring, so you can do the opposite, go underground and make a base, this was what my friends and I would do in the 2014 days, you want to dig down and make a trap; you can't build up on slabs so place them down then dig a block deeper where you are, then when the players fall into the trap, you hit them and they can't do anything about it because they can't hit you from the height of the slabs and they can't build up.

Another great strategy is to block the bridge slightly by making a 1-2 block high wall, then when players rush you, you hit them into the void or water.

A great way to eliminate multiple players is to use lava to your advantage, some maps have lava in them so you should make buckets and collect the lava, then you want to 'lava' someone like what would happen in UHC, it will drain their health so fast and you will be able to kill multiple people at once.

My favourite part about bridges is that it is a strategy based game, not a pop one believe it or not; if you have game sense you will be the true winner but you just have to use your brain instead or a sword and think of cool ways to put you at an advantage.

No, thank YOU for listening to MY ted talk xD

Posted Jun 13, 2020
  6. I agree with some of the things other users have said above, like it is extremely hard to play solo, but when you play with a party it is extremely fun!

Personally, I have been playing lots of The Bridge's recently and I haven't really seen many skybasers, but it is at the end of the day a strategy just like rushing

Posted Jun 15, 2020
  7. this may be a little bit too op but a way that could make skybasing less easy is to make a new kit that comes with one or two epearls? a little bit too op but it'd work. i like skybasing tho its funny lol

Posted Jun 17, 2020
  8. I've felt this way for a long time about Bridges. I've played the game off and on for almost five years now and it's always been that way. It really is designed to be better for teams that are able to effectively communicate, which you just can't do through in-game chat. When I used to tryhard the game, I would always play with at least one other person and talk to them on another platform. Otherwise, it would be nearly impossible to compete against any other teams that were communicating over voice chat. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's just the way that the game is. I'm not a huge fan of skybasing either as I play rather aggressively, so I understand the frustration.

The one good thing about skybasing in the early game though is that you can eventually come down later on in a lot of cases. You can use it as a strategy to take out a number of the enemy players and then as the big groups start to diminish, you can jump down and play with other strategies. You just have to be willing to skybase at the start to eventually get to your more preferred way of playing. You can also always return to the skybase later if you need to. I hate to say it, but the teams in Discord calls are always going to have the advantage and that's not going to change. It's unfortunate for players that are playing alone, but that's how team games like this one usually go. My advice would be to try to find other players that you can create teams with to counter the others if you are aiming to try to use other techniques other than skybasing and have found other strategies don't work for you.

Posted Jun 20, 2020