• 415 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8853 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Skyblock/factions/prison

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Fozy, Jul 6, 2019.

?

Would you like to see one of the classic games on Mineplex that would also up the player count

1. Yes I want more players

16 vote(s)
    76.2%
  2. No I hate mineplex

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. Before I go into it I will address all the "it wouldn't work Mineplex is purely minigames" crap, as some of you know, -snip- has added a unique Skyblock experience to their server, -snip- was purely minigames, however now their Skyblock has a player average of around 15000 players constantly. It also upped their overall player count severely by a decent 10000 players. It seems as though Skyblock does work on minigames servers.

If the staff where to make a Skyblock(or prison/factions) I would suggest making it very unique to the standard, but how would you make it unique? Well you have 3000 players on constantly and about 500 or smt that post on the fourms, create a open discussion say you need ideas for a unique Skyblock and let the players give you ideas.

Also for anyone who says clans is factions, clans is very different and much worse than most faction servers as most of you can agree, also the player count on it is terribly low. Part of the problem with clans is that people don't have ranks, what's the purpose of having a rank and playing clans...

Personally I would suggest a unique type of prison again let players give ideas in a open discussion if you where to start on one of these classic games.

Also adding a classic prison would form tons of new payment opportunities to support staff, like monthly lootboxes or special items. Etc...

Posted Jul 6, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 31, 2019
    RodgersMDH and kim_crazy like this.
  2. Mineplex shouldn't copy other servers cause it's popular. They'll do fine without copying.

* No, I hate minplex

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  3. Hey!

Personally, I don't think any of these games should be added. I've been playing Mineplex since about 2014 and I have always loved that Mineplex was more of a mini-games server. It doesn't have the same feel to other average servers that revolve around those games, and I think that's why it keeps me and countless other players active. I feel like these games are very standard and most average servers have them, and I do like to welcome change, but a change like this could have a negative impact on the community.

There are a ton of issues with servers that host these games, from toxicity, to scamming. All of that doesn't need to be a part of Mineplex and the amazing community it already has. I also like the aspect of Mineplex that not too much has changed over the years. In my opinion, the current state of Mineplex is fine the way it is, and a major change like this is just unnecessary and can cause internal problems with the players.

However, this is just my opinion, and I'd love to hear others.

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  4. Howdy!
    I personally believe that Mineplex would lose its originality that players so desire upon joining the server if there was all of these popular grinding games added. Although I love prison, Mineplex does not seem to be the right server nor the right player base for this.

There are MANY unique and different prisons and factions servers who sole purpose it to tend to those who love playing those game modes. Mineplex implementing these new games would not cause many players to switch from these servers or even consider playing it when there are other well known servers who have had these game modes for years.

Although I do agree that Mineplex is not solely a mini games server, it still wants to keep to it's original ideas and roots with games that do not take long to complete and are fast and fun to play. Clans is an exception and has it's own lobbies and servers, while adding many more for factions and prison seems illogical.

Thank you for reading and I hope you understand! :)

Posted Jul 20, 2019
    Yato, defectuoso and ATruePitato like this.
  5. Heyo!
    First and foremost, I would like to say that I completely disagree with your idea. I understand that other servers do have Skyblock, factions, and prison, however Mineplex is mainly focused about the unique minigames they have to offer. Honestly, there's a lot of servers out there either with a small player base or a big player base, most of them have skyblock, factions, and prison, however there's only very few with unique minigames.

Mineplex has been thriving since 2013 and the unique minigames play imperative roles towards popularity. Throughout my time on Mineplex I've always loved the wonderful minigames, adding games like the ones you mentioned will simply not function in a server such as Mineplex. I'm completely aware of another server that recently added Skyblock, however I feel as if we're leaders here at Mineplex, not followers.

Honestly, I don't believe games such as you mentioned will increase the player count of Mineplex. Most meaning 95% of new players come to play minigames, the foundation of Mineplex was build off minigames. I feel as if most people know Mineplex off our history, which is having unique minigames. Back in early 2013, the owners and developers most likely spent hours, weeks, months, on brainstorming ideas to make Mineplex the absolute best server that a player can find on Minecraft. Implementing this games will simply take away the originality from Mineplex.

I also agree with what @Citrin stated, there are various issues with servers that have games such as these added into their server. If we added these games, I'm sure there will be a lot of scamming, toxicity, and I'm sure multiple players will feel uncomfortable playing games such as the ones you mentioned. Honestly, I feel as this may increase the chances of players leaving with Mineplex.

Overall, I'm opposed to this idea as this will take away the originality Mineplex has. I'm positive that Mineplex is completely fine without these games. To summarize my post - Mineplex is unique with the countless minigames custom made that they have, adding games like these will bring scamming and toxicity into Mineplex, it may decrease the player base, and this will take away the uniqueness. I strongly disagree with this idea, and I don't think these games should be added. -1 from me.

Posted Jul 20, 2019
    cerns and PieOrPi like this.
  6. Hello I'm here to refute your arguments, you say there's few servers with unique mini games, that's because they are all dying off and being replaced with new and different things. Mineplex itself has lost 80-90% of it's player count the last few years. Whereas you say it's been thriving since 2013 it was averaging 20000+ players now it averages around 2000, that's thriving? -snip- averages 50000+ players since it added Skyblock to it's unique minigames based server. You say we are leaders not followers however how is that possible when other servers have over 20x our current players... You say most people know mineplex off of our history but all the og people that played it are quitting Soon or have quit, you say there will be scamming and toxicity, all easily fixable problems for a server with staff that pour hours and hours into it don't you think? About players feeling uncomfortable, I'm not saying we remove the minigames... No one is forced to play it... Mineplex is not completely fine right now, it's been losing players left and right for the past 2 years, the level 100's are getting old and going to collage. You say it will bring scamming and toxicity back but saying that is like saying you don't believe our staff can fix those problems... As to losing player count aren't we doing that well enough already.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 29, 2019
  7. Ok first off guessing you've never been towards Clans? Clans is incredibly similar to factions in my opinion so no go on the factions and another reason is it wouldn't make sense also with Mineplex striving for a non toxic community Factions wouldn't work my time doing factions (2 years+) was spent with being Ddossing, Hack threats, Toxicity and MUCH more. Prison and Skyblock not bad ideas but Mineplex staff would have to think of unique things and not copying other servers *cough* That one server we don't name *cough* though there's a lot of opportunity for unique things in Prison and in Skyblock like putting GWEN into it, like GWEN could be the Warden in Prison or taking a brand new spin on prison and scrapping the whole Mining idea and making a new version of Prison! and I'm flat out of ideas for Skyblock but In my opinion Factions should never be thought about being added due to the mass of toxicity in that community. (also factions requires a lot of attention from staff due to the toxicity so it would make it more stressful for staff)

Posted Jul 29, 2019
  8. I realize factions can be toxic but in my experience playing cosmic pvp it's incredibly fun and you have chat filter that you can toggle, also prison. Would be my first choice 2, one of the reasons I said factions is because it would probably generate the most money from loot boxes and crates etc... Prison would be incredible and with the permanent increase in player count from it, new staff would be easier to find, I also think admins should be less picky for picking new staff also I don't agree that clans is like factions comparing cosmicpvp to clans is like comparing a chicken to a pig they are nothing alike clans has incredibly low player count and it doesn't even have ranks or crates or good pvp items...
    --- Post updated ---
    Hello, you say mineplex would lose its originality and that's why players desire to join hmmm the only thing mineplex has going for it in originality are all those votes all time it got a few years ago when it averages 20000+ people since then we have lost 80-90% of the player count. look at the last 2 years at that and tell me something doesn't need to change. You say there are many different unique and good servers that people can join, that's true maybe that's why we have been losing so many players. A Skyblock server opened up last month called cosmic Skyblock and it now averages about 2x more than mineplex's players so that pretty much kills your argument about people playing there own servers for years. Mineplex still wants to keep it's original ideas however maybe that's why something needs to change and I'm not saying it should remove minigames I'm saying the staff should accept that they are not doing good in terms of player count, how can they be with other servers averaging 20x more players.
    You say mineplex does not "seem" like the right server for this, to me that's exactly what it seems, your server is losing players left and right, mineplex is not the no. 1 or even 2 server anymore I think it's like 8 in player count... It needs a change

OP OP
  9. Ok ok hold up! Just because you're adding new gamemodes does not mean the admins, who by the way aren't always the ones looking at the apps for staff thats the Recruiting team (Give credit where its due), are going to be more lenient for staff apps thats like saying a hotel owner adds a bar to his hotel and his standards for his workers go down, if anything their standards will go up due to the mass of players you expect to come to Mineplex upon adding these gamemodes also you were a bit rude about Clans also CosmicPVP is OP Factions, I said Factions theres a difference if ya didn't know OP Factions has Custom Enchants better Crates and harder standards Factions is OG, Basic enchants n stuff like that and finally Chickens and Pigs are alike because they're both animals and both are eaten by Humans and both are Farm animals.
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok you need to realise Mineplex has a steady player count and people still vote your argument on that we're running off old votes isn't true, we're not loosing players and we're not going to die out anytime soon

Posted Jul 29, 2019
  10. "Mineplex shouldn't copy other servers""" what exactly did -snip- do to us, and now they have 20x more players on average... Also I guess Mineplex settled for being a "fine" server nowadays

OP OP
  11. What did mineplex do to -snip-? Bedwars was realised before Cakewars, Skywars was realised before MP Skywars and so was their Builder thing Idk what its called and then MP realised a builder game too HMMM I wonder where they got the Idea from! Not jabbing at mp just you having a go at -snip- for doing it when mp did it too is just ,-.

Posted Jul 29, 2019
  12. It's in a steady slow drop, I see slight increases when staff add new updates and stuff but that's it, idk about u but I haven't voted in months
    --- Post updated ---
    So u refuted him to xD just in a different way
    --- Post updated ---
    If you have been playing Mineplex since 2014 you should know that Mineplex is losing players every day, they are not countless many of the level 100's have quit and most new players just join the number 1 server in players not the number 8, toxicity and scamming are fixable problems I know a very easy fix for toxicity that's a chat filter plugin that you can toggle on and off, also /ignore scamming is a harder problem to fix but our staff would work hard on a way to fix it would they not? I play large factions servers and have never been scammed or scammed anyone. It just takes a bit of common Sense on some servers. I disagree with your statement that adding prison/Skyblock is not needed, Mineplex is losing players, it's lost 80-90% in the last 2 years look at that and tell me a change is not necessary. Also I'm not saying we change Mineplex a ton, just adding prison would jumpstart player count(as long as it's fun) you say Mineplex doesn't need change you say it's fine the way it is, it's losing players left and right the ogs are quitting, the new players join the no. 1 server, also does Mineplex settle for being just "fine"

It also seems like no change IS having a negative aspect in terms of major player count and community.

OP OP
  13. Refuted who?

Posted Jul 29, 2019
  14. Okay,

So I'm in the middle with this one. I would want to see Mineplex have a bigger range of games to choose from and to have a manageable player count, but adding Skyblock servers would just be a waste, and will probably cause the lag to reach an all-time high than it already is. It takes RAM, and RAM isn't always cheap. They would have to store each Skyblock world, which would be highly unnecessary. If they had a mechanism that removed Skyblock worlds that are inactive for over a certain amount of days, then I guess it could work. Also, factions and prison would be a constantly opened server and if no one is playing it, what's the point of having it running? That's why some of the games like Castle Assualt were removed, most people stopped playing it. We need something unique, or a game that stands out, and won't cause much lag in my opinion.

Posted Jul 29, 2019
  15. Hello,

I wouldn't really want these classic games to be added into the server and the reasons why have already been stated a few ways by other people already, but I'll still give my two cents.

These game modes are present on a large variety of different servers that adding it on Mineplex would make it much less original compared to them. Would it increase the player count? Most likely, but I don't think that Mineplex should resort to giving up its creativity and uniqueness just to increase the number of players on the server. You mentioned that Mineplex has copied other games before and can't be as unique as we're making it out to be, however, I disagree with that point as well. Though I will agree that Mineplex has taken inspiration from other games in the past, I'd also agree that there's a unique element about most of the games on the server. Cake Wars seems to be the one brought up most, but there's a very unique element (the beacon capturing process) that makes it stand out from the other variations of the game on other servers; so the argument that Mineplex has lacked originality in the past isn't necessarily true.

Mineplex is also known as a mini-games server (with clans being the exception), and adding in these classic games might take the attention away from the mini-games that Mineplex is known for and cause the server to be recognized as a Prison, Factions, or Skyblock server, which isn't really the direction that I'd like to see Mineplex go in. I'd much rather see unique mini-games that slightly boost player count than completely unoriginal games that cause Mineplex to lose its spark and greatly increase player count.

There's also a very large concern for me when it comes to staffing. All of the games you've suggested would require an immense amount of staff resources to moderate and I don't think it's worth it in the long run. Factions, in particular, can be very toxic and chaotic even with the filter you've mentioned, and that's not mentioning the large number of hackers that would likely join as well. Loosening the staff requirements, as you've mentioned, to increase the number of staff members isn't the best move either, in my opinion. They aren't extremely rigorous as is, but you have to work hard in order to achieve Trainee. Accepting players who don't give a ton of effort would fill the staff team up with people who are power-hungry or who don't actually care about contributing to the server.

I guess I wouldn't be completely opposed to seeing one or two of these classic games added in the future, but at this current moment in time, I don't think it's the most beneficial thing for Mineplex at all.

Have a good day.
    defectuoso

Posted Jul 29, 2019
  16. Hello, you say adding a unique prison/Skyblock would give up mineplex's creativity, even if that is true than clans has already taken it away as a worse unique factions... And also that's why I want it a unique way thats special to the server alone. Then you go on to say that adding prison would cast a shadow over the minigames, however I disagree because when people see 'new prison" on the front of the mineplex server they will most likely check it out, then after a few days it's packed out, filled with people but then people decide whether they like it or don't like it and go back to the minigames they originally played. Also the influx of players would boost it into higher voting charts for this month and more and more people would join hence making the minigames more populated also. Lots of people, i expect will play both if the prison is at the very least decent. You then go on to say that it would only be recognized as a prison or server however look at hypix, they just added Skyblock and have increased player count with all there minigames still heavily populated with thousands of people.
    Then you say that you would rather see unique minigames with slightly increased player count, however that's what we have been doing for years and we have dropped an average of 18000 people over the past 2 years
    Then you go on to say that they would need more staff which I completely agree with, I think the recruitment team should be a bit less picky in choosing helpers, also with the large influx of new players, staff apps would be coming in like crazy.
    About factions, it would not be my first pick, a unique prison would, but with the chat filter on other servers I have had no problems with toxicity
    I'n the slightest I think of they did add factions then they should start everyone with the chat filter enabled, and have the ability to toggle it on or off,

The thing is it's incredibly easy to demote helpers without them causing trouble if you have hired a bad one, I think they should make a /report on unfair punishments or abusive staff members which could be filtered through by a few sr mods every week to see if any staff are unfair or abusive, TBH I think we should have that right now.

I think prison would be incredibly beneficial especially in terms of funding and player count. The only thing to really buy are ranks hardly ever crates but prison would open a whole new branch of funding in terms of monthly special items and really whatever they want to add, I think they should transfer over ranks to prison to, considering I believe that's one of the major reasons clans has such a low player count, people didn't keep their ranks. I play cosmic pvp and whenever they add a new lootbox every month they make like over 30000$ just for it, from the 2000+ people that play.

OP OP
  17. I can’t say I entirely understand the negativity towards this idea. Personally, this is a direction that I think Mineplex should be looking at, so allow me to offer some positivity.

I think a lot of people are stuck on the fact that it’s outside our niche. I would refute this by pointing at Clans. I don’t understand why Clans is an exception to Mineplex’s “unique minigame only environment”. Mineplex really hasn’t been minigames only since Clans released. Sure, it is kind of its own separate thing; however, using that mindset, why couldn’t Prison be its own separate thing also?

I also think this idea sounds a lot worse on paper, which is possibly turning some people away. Clans is essentially a factions gamemode with a twist. Take the scenario that Clans didn’t exist and someone suggested “factions with a twist”. I am confident that a thread like that would receive similar feedback to this one. However, Clans does exist, and I don’t really see too many complaints about how it is unoriginal or unfitting to the Mineplex environment. Better yet, take the scenario that someone suggested “skyblock with a twist”. Something like that would also receive negative feedback. However, if we were the ones who had made that competing server’s Skyblock variation, I doubt there’d be any negativity about it. It’s important that we don’t look at the gamemode as it appears in our mind, but that we look at it from a perspective of how we can make it better.

I’m just trying to open the minds of everyone with the above two paragraphs. It’s important to understand that we’ve taken this direction before and shouldn’t be close minded to going that direction again.

The only realistic argument I can think of against this idea is a lack of resources. I’ve recently asked about potentially adding a new non-minigame gamemode. I got the response that it isn’t currently planned because we don’t really have the resources to devote to such a massive project that’d take months to finish. Don’t get too put down over this, I am sure if it gains enough traction and we stay positive about it, we can work something out.

With all that being said, I’ll move on to the actual idea itself. Out of the three gamemodes you’ve suggested in the title, I think Prison would be the best choice and an awesome addition to Mineplex’s current selection. Skyblock is a bit too competitive considering it’s current circumstances and Factions is kind of already a thing in the form of Clans. With that, I think Prison would be an excellent option.

The Prison foundation can be built upon very easily, which makes it a great candidate. As you’ve said, a competitor has twisted Skyblock beyond what anyone could have imagined. They turned a fairly simple and unoriginal gamemode into something totally unique and hardly recognizable as Skyblock. I see no argument as to why Mineplex couldn’t do something similar with Prison.

Player count is definitely something to be looking at. Right now, there has been some resurgence due to a Minecraft popularity blast; but, there is no guarantee that this resurgence will stay with us too long. In fact, it seems to be slowing down already. So we should still be looking at ways to boost player count. Prison could be an excellent way to attract a large amount of new players. I justify this based on competitor example. Not only that, Prison is a game that you could sit there for hours on end and not even notice time passing. Retaining players over months and for long durations each time they login is very good for the network. This is exactly what we need. Even looking beyond the mining aspect, players could be entertained by customizing their homes and setting up player shops. Prison could do a lot for the player count.

I think you brought up an excellent point with product opportunities. Mineplex is a business and it is important that we look at a new idea from that perspective. Prison, even in its original form, offers hundreds of new product opportunities. Whether it be home/plot expansion, server-wide boosts or whatever else you can think of, there is sure to be some things people would be willing to pay for. It would be hard working around the EULA, but I’m sure we could work something out.

In regards to this specific thread, I would of loved some actual content about the ideas themselves. For example, an idea or two on how specifically we could twist Prison. However, I understand that this thread was designed mainly to build traction for a new non-minigame gamemode. I think that’s a brilliant idea, and if we can garner support for such a gamemode, the community can start brainstorming ways to make it unique.

I sincerely hope this idea gets the genuine consideration it deserves. I am disappointed that so many people are looking past what we can do with Prison simply because they feel it doesn’t fit our theme. I think it would do a lot for this idea if everyone were to open their minds beyond the point of it not fitting Mineplex. As I said earlier, it is important that we don’t look at Prison at face value as we see it in our head; but, rather as how we can build upon it to make it into something unique and totally awesome for everyone.

You’ve got my +1, don’t get discouraged!

Posted Jul 29, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 29, 2019
    Fozy and Vocaloiid like this.
  18. I already refuted you but if u look in the votes it's 72% to 28

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 16, 2019
  19. Skyblock works for -snip- because they have far more players. Also as said above copying other servers isn't the way to go.
    Factions is fun, but isn't working out for mineplex since Clans is pretty much dying. Factions also creates a much more toxic environment.
    Prison is a fun game, however long term games haven't been working for mineplex.

Skyblock and Prison are nice games, but for mineplex, I don't see it working out.

- yato

Posted Aug 16, 2019
  20. Posted Aug 16, 2019