• 1335 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9773 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Skyblock Warriors

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by SilentLattice31, Sep 16, 2018.

?

Do you think this should be a new game?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  3. Don't know/Don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. It's basically Skyblock, but there's a bunch of islands and the goal is to defeat everyone. Not sure if there should be a solo mode and a team mode.

The islands don't have to be their original form, but like slightly modified so the chest contains some weapons, armor, etc. Maybe even a pig or cow for food.

Kits:

Warrior: Starts with an stone sword and leather armor.

Archer: Starts with a wooden sword, a bow, gold armor, and gains 1 arrow every 10 seconds (maximum of 4)

Builder: Starts with a wooden sword, half iron and half gold armor, and gains 1 hardened clay every 6 seconds (maximum of 5)

Teleporter: Starts with only 3 ender pearls.

Tank: Starts with a stone sword, iron armor, and resistance I.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  2. Yeah about that... this game is called Skywars, and is already a game on Mineplex.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
    Malacaritaa and RandomGuy like this.
  3. This is arguable.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 17, 2018
  4. As this user stated, what you laid out for your new "game mode" is almost a near copy in terms of game mechanics of a current game we have, Skywars. (Which has both a solo mode and a team mode) I'd be interested to hear if you incorporate actual Skyblock (making cobble gens etc.) into a game mode that would be quick and fun. But as for the current kits you have laid out, Tank is overpowered compared to the rest and makes Warrior obsolete because it has full iron compared to full leather, resistance 1 (which does make a big difference during fights) and the stone sword that Warrior comes with as well.

Posted Sep 17, 2018
    Vocaloiid and Betrayer like this.
  5. Yes this is pretty much the same as the skywars we currently have. You just changed the kits which are not balanced.

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  6. Either this would be the exact same as Skywars, or it would just be a much slower version of it that would take forever to play out unless a bunch of players went Archer.

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  7. Well, I tried thinking of kits, but this is a reason why I don't normally suggest kits for new minigames (or even existing ones).

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 17, 2018
  8. This game game is entirely the same as skywars, as others have mentioned. Although it does have its differences, this seems like a slow, and somewhat tedious process of skywars, or rather yet, an exact copy of skywars. I wouldn't be 100% against a skywars game itself if it were to be provided as unique in any way, however, i would not be for it either due to the similarities it provides.

As for the kits, first thing I noticed, the builder does seem rather overpowered with its armor. I'm not for the idea of having a builder have better armor than a warrior as it really makes you think, why would anyone choose the warrior kit if it's being overpowered by a builder that should not be overpowering it physically. I also noticed that the tank is entirely overpowered and it all starts with the resistance; I don't think any kit on mineplex should get resistance as it adds an immense level of unfair strength. I do understand how the kit is called, tank, but I do think the resistance is a bit too much. I also think the sword should not be stone, but should be a wood sword.

Posted Sep 19, 2018
  9. I think Archer would be a lot more OP since an Archer could easily shoot at anyone else, and with how small Skyblocks are and how long it would take to manually traverse between islands, it would be something that no other kit could really deal with effectively.

Posted Sep 19, 2018
    Luunala likes this.
  10. I agree. I didn't think about how archer would work when I wrote that, but thinking about it, I don't think there should even be an archer kit in a game mode of this sort. It would be too overpowered as you mentioned.

I honestly think these kits in general could just be balanced or replaced with something else.

Posted Sep 20, 2018
  11. I agree with what others have said. This game is essentially identical to traditional Skywars. The suggested kits seem very unbalanced and I'm not sure how the maps would be any different than Skywars.

Nice suggestion, but as previously stated, this has essentially already been added.

Posted Sep 21, 2018