• 444 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8882 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion SkyBlock

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by teostra, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Do you think Mineplex should have/add Skyblock?

Posted Aug 5, 2019
  2. Thread moved to New Game Discussion

I've seen one of a similar idea before, but I don't think Mineplex will add Skyblock. You can find the original idea here. Mineplex is mainly focusing on the unique minigames they have to offer. They want to focus more on minigames instead of faction survival. We don't want to risk ourselves copying other games, and we might get in trouble. Who knows? There may be changes in the future that we weren't aware of. 0

Posted Aug 5, 2019
  3. Hey! This would be a pretty interesting concept but I would have to disagree. Skyblock is on many servers and most are ignored. I also think skyblock wouldn't fit with the games the have right now. Also btw you it this on the wrong part of the forums!! Next time it would be best to put it in the new game discussion instead. Anyways, good idea, but it just doesn't fit the server and it can be found many other places. (Wrote this before phamtastic posted, she moved it to new game discussion, but still just remember that for the future!)

Posted Aug 5, 2019
  4. I personally don't think that skyblock would go with Mineplex's theme very well. It's more of a survival type and does not really fit in with the fast-paced action games that Mineplex is known for. Like @Phamtastic said It would also run the risk of branding Mineplex as "copiers" and that's not a good image for Mineplex. Have a nice day. :D

Posted Aug 5, 2019
  5. I feel as if Mineplex were to add Skyblock, certain things may go terribly wrong, but at the same time amazingly great.

For one, with the addition of Skyblock, it will attract new players, ultimately growing the community. But I feel as if Skyblock is out of place with the theme of Mineplex being solid games with no survival, faction based aspect. Additionally, they would have to store each skyblock world on multiple servers using Bungeecord, which can cause the server to have bottleneck. 50/50 but I’m more on the no side with this one.

Posted Aug 6, 2019
  6. Like @Saker said above my post. Things could go terribly wrong, but also great for mineplex. Of course this could attract players to the server, but it could make the other servers lag severely, which isn't good. So buying a ton of new servers would be very expensive for Mineplex, and would take a ton of time for the Mineplex developers to code.

Additionally, it is out of the theme that mineplex has, like others have said above my post, so that wouldn't really work out for us. Not to mention, it would also be difficult to make it ours. By that, I mean not looking like we are copying other servers like @Phamtastic mentioned.

So I'm on the fence here, I'm at a kind of at like a -0.75 here, because it would be cool to have Skyblock on here, but it is out of the theme Mineplex has, and it also be very expensive, so I don't think Mineplex will do this.

Posted Aug 6, 2019
  7. You don't have to look far to see that Mineplex is wanting to dive into other types of games, breaking free from being just another mini-game network. Things like: Factions/Clans, Creative Housing, Gem Hunters all show signs that the server doesn't mind diving into areas that are new to them.

As for the OPs thread, I think the initial gamemode of Skyblock would need an insane amount of changes to make it something which would be seen as the "Mineplex version". With another server adding the game so recently I can only assume that is the reason you have suggested it, but with tens of thousands of players playing that game alone, I don't see much attraction to Mineplex since people will just play there instead of here. Especially since its a game type that you actually have to invest time in and not just move around servers when a game ends.

I think Mineplex should add another long-lasting gamemode. It isn't unheard of, and I feel it is something that could really make them stand out and bring in some old as well as new players. I just don't think Skyblock is the way to go right now. I would suggest something like Creative Plots or a unique take on Prison perhaps an RPG with a story behind it.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  8. Skyblock for Bedrock might be pretty good. After all, no other featured servers on Bedrock have Skyblock.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
    Acerna and rexh17 like this.
  9. I think that if Mineplex added Skyblock, yes it might bring in some new players, but I think a part of Mineplex is it's originality. Mineplex has amazing, original games and I think that if you take that away by "copying" another servers game that it might lose its originality.

Posted Aug 9, 2019
  10. Hey!
    Personally I don't think this idea would work very well due to like other players above me have stated, Mineplex is more of a mini game server with the exception of clans. I think Skyblock would also take away a lot of the devs time when the devs are trying to work on the mini games to make those even better than they already are. I'm going with a -.5 here due to me personally wanted sky block but I just don't see Mineplex straying away from what they are known for, mini games.

Posted Aug 10, 2019
  11. Things like: Factions/Clans, Creative Housing, Gem Hunters all show signs that the server doesn't mind diving into areas that are new to them.

Should Mineplex make their own Skyblock? No, personally I don't think that they should, but they should work on another long-term gamemode. Mineplex isn't just a minigame server anymore.

Posted Aug 10, 2019
  12. Yes while that is true I think Mineplex has it's hands full with Clans, and that is the game mode they want to be known by other then minigames. I think yes, like you said Mineplex isn't opposed to the idea of trying new things but I think once they got clans they are going to stick with it and not implement any other big time game modes at least until Clans is perfected.

Posted Aug 10, 2019
  13. I actually remember this being suggested a while back. I think the first time I saw a suggestion like this was back in 2016? Anyway, back then I’d say to go for it. It’s a gamemode that a lot of players love and it would attract players to the server. However, now I have a better grasp of the server. I definitely agree with natesbait here, in that Mineplex isn’t opposed to diving into areas that are new to them. However, like they said, Skyblock wouldn’t be the way to go, especially at the moment. Mineplex shouldn’t be seen as ‘copying’ other servers, at least not more than they already are by some.

I personally think that there should be some sort of new game introduced sooner, rather than later. Since the server has actually seen an increase in players and is starting to hit up to 4000 players now, a new game could help them stay and could attract more players. Again, Skyblock would be cool but I don’t think it’d attract many players at this time. And of course, like some have said, it really doesn’t fit In with Mineplexs theme. But I don’t think that should necessarily be used to completely reject new game ideas. Mineplex is definitely not opposed to straying from their general theme, so it wouldn’t be unheard of for them to add a game like this.

Overall, I agree that there should be some sort of new game, but Skyblock isn’t the way to go.

I’d love to see what others have to say ~

Posted Aug 10, 2019
  14. Hey there! I disagree with this idea to an extent. Should Mineplex have Skyblock specifically? No. This gamemode's been done a million times on other servers. We would have to make a Mineplex Skyblock very different to make players want to keep playing it. This gamemode would feel out of place and sort of like a
    "cash grab" to a lot of the community as it's been pretty popular due to other servers adding it recently.

But does this rule out adding gamemodes that are progressive like Skyblock, or open world and exploration based? No, it doesn't. As mentioned by @natesbait, the network has shown to be open to different types of gamemodes in the past, such as Clans/Factions, (Bedrock) Creative Housing, Survival, and Gem Hunters. This idea opens the discussion on if these long term progressive based types of gamemodes should be added onto the network. I don't think Skyblock has a place on the network, but other types of gamemodes definitely do. Long term, progressive type gamemodes are wanted and should be implemented on the server. It's just the matter of finding a gamemode players will enjoy and keep coming back to.

0 to this idea.

Posted Aug 10, 2019
  15. -1 for reasons everyone said above

Posted Aug 10, 2019
  16. I guess you’re right about Mineplex’s originality. Though Mineplex Bedrock haven’t released a new game/update in quite a while so I hope they’re working on something good.

Posted Aug 10, 2019