• 1170 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1170 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[Skylands] Staff Clarification Needed

Discussion in 'The Bridges' started by VernCow, Apr 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone!

I would like to draw attention to the map of Skylands in Bridges.

On the red island, there is a single redstone ore block, that in return allows players to make pistons. As a result players are not only able to use the piston block to go to the middle before Bridges fall, but also they are able to void base underneath the map at y level 5, where players are unable to reach due to water flowing being disabled.

I have seen 3 games where players have done this, and every time when I report it to a staff member online for glitch abuse or map exploiting, I always get mixed answers.

For example, during a game where a player was doing this exact same thing of void basing at y level 5, I asked an RC member @Arjun about this a week ago, where he replied saying that it was a glitch abuse and that players should refrain from doing so in the future.

A few days later, I managed to contact Arjun again when a similar situation was happening, and in return I got an answer saying that it wasn't a glitch abuse or map exploiting due to that this problem is a map issue, not a rule issue.

Today, however, I stumbled upon a thread that addresses this exact same issue, where a moderator named -snip- says that this is in fact glitch abuse and is not allowed with quote "And yes, if you see any players doing it, that is considered bug exploiting, which is against the rules.". This quote can be found here https://www.mineplex.com/threads/skylands-bridges-map.114525/#post-397896

My question of whether is this considered bug abusing have always been giving me different answers every single time I ask, and as such I hope for staff to clarify on this issue on whether is it considered glitch abusing/map exploiting. This would clear up any confusion that I'm sure other players have and not just me.

If I am allowed to give my personal opinion, I would say that this should be considered glitch abuse because this means that players on the Red team would be given an unfair advantage, seeing that their island is the only island with a redstone block. In addition, there is no way to get to players who void base below the map (Except for water bucketing, but this is always countered by the player putting buttosn everywhere on the void base), thus should be considered as map exploiting.

VernCow~

Posted Apr 19, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 19, 2020
    jis, CHRlSTlAN and aiirr like this.
  2. Clearly I'm no longer a Moderation official for Mineplex but in my "expert" opinion this would actually be considered a map exploit since the issue lies with the map itself-- more specifically the red island's lone redstone block. If I was punishing for it I wouldn't consider it glitch abuse since it's not a problem with the game itself.

If I were you, I would report it as a map issue here.

It certainly doesn't help things that our Rules Committee doesn't seem to have a clear consensus on the matter. Now that you've brought this to my attention, I'll certainly be interested in their decision.

Posted Apr 19, 2020
    aiirr likes this.
  3. There was also another thread that mentioned this earlier this week. If I were to also give an opinion on this I would say it’s a complete map issue. Considering the players have a crazy unfair advantage over everyone else that is solely derived from the map.

Hopefully this gets the attention it deserves in order to clear up any confusion/remove this feature.

Posted Apr 19, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 19, 2020
  4. Yes, this is considered map exploiting. As cited in the rules, map exploiting is “Abusing the way the map was designed to give yourself an unfair advantage over other players”. This isn’t really a bug, because it’s how the map is made. I’d recommend you report anyone you find to be breaking this rule with the reports form, located here.

Posted Apr 19, 2020
    Degagelemming95 likes this.
  5. Hey!,
    So I messaged Toki who is the admin of RC and she said that void basing is not bug exploiting. This is considered Map exploiting though like @dualkong said because you are abusing the map to obtain an unfair advantage. If you have any more questions feel free to message me.

Thread locked > Concern Addressed

Posted Apr 19, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN and Wiz2K like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.