• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6855 Players Online
  • 3965 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion skywars afk idea...

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by AsianDynasty699, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Hello Mineplex community,

So I've been playing for some time now and I've started to notice how there are many players in-game afking the whole game and end up winning. This normally happens when a person lags (unintentionally) and as the game goes on. After there are only 2 people left, the other person will normally scout and try and find this last person, although the 'earth has crumbled' therefor that last player can never make it to the other player's island and kill them. Resulting in the non-AFK player normally having to quit, unless you're lucky enough to somehow kill the last AFK player. My idea that I believe could help is kicking any AFK players after 1-2 minutes of no movement, or kicking a player back to lobby after the 'earth crumbling' phase is called upon.

let me know what yall think :) **THIS APPLIES TO BEDROCK MC**

Posted Mar 4, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  2. there's an afk removal on java, no clue as to why there isn't one on bedrock

Posted Mar 4, 2020
  3. I think there should be AFK removal on all Bedrock games. The timer on Java is currently around 5-6 minutes so I think that time would be fitting for Bedrock as well.

Posted Mar 4, 2020
  4. Yo!
    I agree with Vytas that adding AFK timers into some games on Bedrock would be a wonderful idea. The games that come to mind for me are Dragons, Skywars, and Cake-Wars since those are the best ways to get XP n such while being AFK. I look forward to reading the replies and maybe getting this implemented.

Thread Moved > Bedrock Ideas

Posted Mar 4, 2020
  5. I agree with this 100%! Floaters can get very annoying in Sky Wars, as then you have no way of killing them. But they also get annoying in various other games. Afk players can sometimes be issues as well and I think Bedrock should have this for every game, like @Vytas said. It would definitely make the games go a lot quicker and would really be beneficial. I agree that the timer should be 1-2 mins, as sometimes people go afk and then return. Although I do believe this should maybe be countered with a /rejoin in case you want to come back, I’m not sure that will be added. Anyway, to conclude my statement I think this would be a very efficient addition to Bedrock games, including Sky Wars.

Posted Mar 4, 2020
    Jaborrie and AsianDynasty699 like this.
  6. This idea is amazing, especially for those who are essentially stat-boosting on Dragons.

Posted Mar 4, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 5, 2020
    NothinButNet and AsianDynasty699 like this.
  7. I'd love this idea for bedrock, considering how useful it is on the Java edition. Mineplex probably has this as a goal to accomplish soon, but probably has other stuff to worry about. For example, there are definitely a lot of bugs that Mineplex is working to fix to satisfy the community. However, I do think that this would be really useful for punishing people that are inactive for a certain time. I already think Mineplex is thinking about implementing this in the future though.

-Wiz2K

Posted Mar 4, 2020
    AsianDynasty699 likes this.
  8. Hey! I definitely agree with this idea! I've run into this problem pretty frequently myself and it can be really frustrating to kill everyone in the game and then have to leave because someone is floating. After I saw the problem happening more and more, I started to make bows at the beginning of every game so if there was a player floating, I could just bow them. But adding in an AFK timer would definitely help to combat this issue. I think it could possibly be set for the same duration on java. Additionally, as other people above have stated, this could be implemented in most all games on bedrock and be super useful! I know there is a problem on bedrock with players being AFK and floating in dragons which can again make the game near impossible to win. I think adding an AFK timer to these games would definitely benefit the server and the players a lot. Thanks for your idea!

Posted Mar 5, 2020
    Jaborrie likes this.
  9. Hello! I completely agree with this idea. Although I have gotten quite used to the floaters, it can still be annoying. For skywars, the only way I can say you can semi bypass this is by using the ice bridge kit. You are able to get around much faster using the kit, being able to wipe out the game. While doing this kit, you are able to go around the map to kill people and it takes a little less than 2+ minutes; about the time when the world starts to rot.

For games like Dragons or Skyfall, I have not yet found a solution. I wouldn't mind seeing this the AFK timer added to these game modes, if not all. I feel like the timer should be around 1-2 minutes too as said above. Hopefully, this is implemented in the near future.

Posted Mar 5, 2020
  10. I'm curios, what causes the floating glitch? Is it fixable?

Posted Mar 15, 2020
  11. Usually lag

Posted Mar 15, 2020
    NothinButNet likes this.
  12. Definitely agree that we should add an afk timer. I think the timer should last 1-2 minutes as others have stated. Floating has been an issue on bedrock for quite some time now. Especially for games like Skywars and Skyfall. One way to go around floaters in Skywars though are crafting bows, and finding arrows in chests. For skyfall it’s a bit more difficult, you can use booster rings to try get hits on the player who’s floating, but you only have a certain amount of time before the rings begin to rot.

Posted Mar 17, 2020
  13. If you ask them nicely Im sure they would quit

in all seriousness this is so annoying and is a very good reason on why all games should have an AFK timer.

Posted Mar 18, 2020
    xGetRekted and FluteVegetables like this.