• 613 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11743 Players Online
  • 11130 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Java Skywars & General Game Update (07/26/2020)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by Moppletop, Jul 26, 2020.

1. I like that Skywars finally got some love after so long but I was really questionable when I first read about the update. I was kind of excited because an update is an update but heck.

So I played a couple games. Obviously don't want to judge based on the changelog. The pickaxes are totally useless. I rarely see any ores and if I do, you have to craft to mine them anyways. So it's gonna take a decently long time to even mine. I've learned that the only plausible way to win is to immediately rush mid. This on it's own is a yikes because that eliminates other methods and playstyles. People who stay at their island and mine don't even have a chance of winning. Kinda whack. Moral of the story, the kits in place are useless and the buffs to solo skywars island ores isn't helping anyone.

The whole idea of finding abilities in chests I originally thought was cool. But it creates so much clutter in inventories. Makes everything super complicated for new players too and only really attests to players who've been playing a good amount and really understand everything. I genuinely think finding abilities in chests should be much rarer or just non-existent.

I'm unsure about the knockback if I'm honest. Seems fine to me although I'm seeing a lot of people complain about it. Maybe it's bad but I think it's relatively okay.

Overall to me it just feels super unbalanced and it just gives everyone who loves to rush and play really aggro a huge upper-hand. There's absolutely no checks and balances anymore. :(

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    Acerna, ClassN and wattywatty14 like this.
  2. dont listen to people on the forums. sweats are just mad they cant grind wins. Great update LOVE IT!

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  3. good update

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  4. I got a chance to play Skywars a little since the new update, and I definitely find it more interesting! With the new additions to the game, I definitely think that pvp would be more balanced, as well as the loot! Overall, great update, can't wait to grind out Skywars and check out everything new with the update!!

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  5. Our win rates have stayed the same, if not increased. Wins are much easier to get now imo. That doesn't take away from the fact that the update is crusty and the gameplay is cringe. Also love how you feel the need to call people out and say you "LOVE" the update as if you've actually tried it for yourself. The database shows that you haven't played at all today so you really haven't gotten a hands-on feel for the update. But, hey, what do I know, right? after all, I'm just a sweat o_o

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  6. After having played Skywars, even though I haven't played it extensively, I can see where the veterans of the gamemode are coming from. The abilities in chest does seem a bit overwhelming, as if you have more, it can be more difficult to manage, and I'm not even that experienced in it all. I do enjoy the stuff we get in spawn chests however, I feel as it gives more of a fighting chance to those who are unable to get to mid as quickly as others. I do not see any point behind the achievement kit, it should be a lot more rewarding than what it currently is, a revamp there later on would be nice. Overall, I personally like the update, but definitely think some compromises and fixes should be made on a later update, to appease everyone! But for now, once again, great work @Moppletop, seriously appreciate it!

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  7. hopefully they are making a 1.8 plugin for it

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  8. Hey! I think this is an amazing update, I just hope clans can get reset in time maybe :).

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    wattywatty14 and Young_Inventor like this.
  9. Earth kit users are fuming rn lmaoooo

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  10. nah i have played and i prefer it over V2. not sure why your mad over block game

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  11. Well boys, we did it. Mineplex is bug free again

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  12. Well done, I appreciate the work put into it and keep it up. :)

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  13. Well... it's a game update but... you removed the one thing that made MP Skywars unique, that being the kits. That, and with the throwing tnt buff and no zombie guardians, there's no reason to not rush mid.
    Additionally, whoever gets to mid is way more luck based since you can't select a kit to get there faster, you just have to pray to god you get a leap or ice bridge to be there first.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    wattywatty14 likes this.
  14. Do not lie to me and say you've played it when the actual Mineplex database says you haven't. There's literally no point in arguing against an actual fact like that, but you've gone and done it anyway. Well done. Calling me mad or bringing up the fact that its a game ain't an argument either. Despite being wrongly labeled as angry, it wouldn't even matter and wouldn't devalue my argument by any means because emotional responses to poor changes in something once enjoyed by an individual is normal! Wouldn't expect you to know though given your poorly constructed, yet still robotic responses.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    Starx280 and Acerna like this.
  15. well your database is wrong then

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  16. Interesting update, I will definitely be playing it just to explore the new things added.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  17. Just gonna throw it out there that people play on alts, so using the stats bot isn't entirely accurate of how much a person has played. I know I personally tried out the update on my alt rather than my main and I actually enjoy it faaaar more than v1 or v2, but that's not to say it has some flaws.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    ilyLegend likes this.
    • General Rudeness
    It's not my database. It's MINEPLEX's database. Quit lying bro lol you already got exposed.

I can see you finally tried the update though. I hope you're happy with 0 wins and 22 losses. So glad you "LOVE IT".

Reading the situation, that doesn't seem to be the case. I already threw out my 2 cents in other places on what's good and what's awful about it (not to mention a considerable amount of changes either weren't actually implemented or caused other issues/bugs in the server). Having a differing opinion is fine, but it's painfully obvious that a chunk of these people have not tried the update and/or are just praising it to stroke Mineplex's ego or some other crusty reason.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    _Kaz and Grant138 like this.
  18. I’m glad they finally fixed the invisible chunks. And I think removing sky fall from MPSs was a good idea because it got annoying when the ops would switch the game to that to mass kick the server. I don’t play Mineplex much anymore, but I will defiantly check out the changes!

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  19. I've been playing skywars for a very long time now, with this new update it makes me wanna quit skywars eternally. With this new update people can spam the Magnetic Field which throws you into the void without any difficulty, which makes the game not fun anymore. I would really prefer the old skywars. This update is not gonna work. New solo game: Survival Games. #changeback

Posted Jul 27, 2020