• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Skywars Kit Idea: Water

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by NoHacksJustGavin, Dec 19, 2019.

Tags:
?

Should there be a water kit in skywars?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Needs Adjustments

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hello everyone! I think the water kit should be added because it's one of the aristotic elements

Cost: 8,000 Gems.
    Starting Armor: Respiration and Aqua Infinity Iron Helmet and Depth Strider Iron Boots
    Additional Items: 1 Prismarine Shard.

Ability 1: Tidal Wave
    Cooldown: 10 Seconds.
    Description: Right click the prismarine shard to summon a wave of Water Splash particles that goes 6 blocks away at any direction you are looking, and the wave is 3 blocks wide. The speed is 3 blocks per second, and it will deal 3 damage and 80% knockback.

Ability 2: Sea Laser
    Cooldown: 20 seconds.
    Description: Hold right click with any kind of sword to summon a guardian laser that targets the nearest player it detects, but it can only be activated in a 7-block range. The targeted player will summon bubble particles so that you will know where the laser is. Release within 3 seconds to make the laser deal 5 damage and 120% knockback, or it will cancel.

Thoughts? Then comment down below.

Posted Dec 19, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 21, 2019
  2. It's not a bad kit, but the biggest problem I have with it is that it will lead to a huge amount of camping, because for the kit to be effective you would have to stay in the water. Also people could use the eater breathing combined with speed to stop anyone from beong able to kill them because of the huge advantage you would get. I think a better idea would be to replace the speed 2 and the water breathing with a starting iron helmet and boots that are iron, they would have aqua infinity respiration and depth strider. This would help prevent long term camping and make it more balanced if your pvping in the water. Also if you stand in water on one side of a bridge, then no one could get to you without an enderpearl because of the skills so I feel like instead the sea laser should be a 1 time ability that activates with the shard and does 3.5 hearts of dmg and it can be activated in a 10 block range. The tidal wave would be activated with a sword/axe and it would stay the same other than that. I think the price and starting items are good though. +.75 because I would like to see it added but I think it needs some changes

Posted Dec 19, 2019
  3. Ok, I replaced the Super Swim passive with the Respiration and Aqua Infinity Iron Helmet and Depth Strider Iron Boots as the starting armor.

Sea laser dealing 3.5 hearts is a bit too overpowered, and that being a one-time use is too underpowered because guardian lasers don't instantly deal damage.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 19, 2019
  4. I was thinking it could be used as a recovery move so you could escape in the early game or catch someone late game and deal that extra bit of dmg. Nlg I don't think its even necessary for the kit since it already is a little underwhelming since you can already only use it in the water and it has a huge cool down. Maybe you can get a use for every kill you get, and it has a 20 second cool down between uses and you can only have 1 charge at a time.

Posted Dec 19, 2019
  5. Hello,

Interesting kit you've developed here. I do have a couple concerns though.

First off, the main purpose of this kit is that you need to be in water and the perks for your armor and potion effects are all water-related, but there is one major issue with this; there is barely any water on Skywars maps!
    Because of this, the player would need to be sitting prone in a water bucket in order to use their moves, which makes them a sitting duck when it comes to pvp fights, and the player can just bow them or rush them and kill them with ease, because of their predicament.

Another thing I want to mention is that with your Ability Number Two, the Sea Laser, I don't think it should cancel after three seconds, but perhaps it has a maximum of 5 seconds before it automatically shoots instead?

Those are my thoughts on this kit, and because of the first concern mostly, it will have to be a -1 from me. Have a good day, and thanks for suggesting!

Posted Dec 19, 2019
  6. The kit fits into the theme of Skywars of having each as an element, however, there are some glaring issues I have with it. Why is the gem cost 8000 gems? Every other kit is 4000 gems and I do not see water kit's abilities being too overwhelming compared to them. The water respiration ability is next to useless because water is forbidden on Skywars maps in their guidelines and buckets are rarely used. There is not much place for this perk to be useful without water. What is the speed of the water wave (blocks/second) and is travelling each bock instantaneous? Do you mean that the laser will deal 5 damage if it used within the first 3 seconds of the cooldown finishing?

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Dec 20, 2019
  7. It costs 8000 gems because Sea laser is a powerful ability, and because you get 3 water buckets.

Ok, I removed the water breathing effect and removed the 3 water buckets.

The speed of the water wave is 3 blocks per second, and yes travelling each block is instantaneous.

Yes, if you hold the laser for more than 3 seconds, it will cancel.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 21, 2019