• 2046 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4625 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Skywars Map (In Progress)

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by vezay, Jan 21, 2020.

1. I'm making a skywars map and would like some feedback and maybe some suggestions. The theme is military base. I feel like the middle is a little small for pvp (gameplay wise) and I have no idea what to put on the Semi-Islands. (The Islands that are after spawn with tier 2 chests) would appreciate some suggestions, thank you :)

https://imgur.com/a/oP3sgJd

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  2. Hey there!

Great map! i love it, Very cool idea you have and it looks like you have spent a lot of time on it the only suggestion i could say, it the plain grass bit on the way to middle could have some tents up and even a camp fire would look quite cool!

-Paiynz

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    vezay likes this.
  3. Heyo! I appreciate the suggestion, but I'd rather not copy from the spawn islands that I made. (which have tents and a camp fire) I'm trying to stay with the theme without copying other builds I already made! Thank you again for the feedback

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 21, 2020
    Paiynz likes this.
  4. Hello again,

No problem for the suggestion! One other thing i would suggest is that it would be a good idea to add planes to the islands then. ( i dont know if you already have them or not). If you do you could make them crashed and on fire etc.

-Paiynz

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    vezay likes this.
  5. Hey, this map looks great so far! Texturing is well-done and not overdone, and there's a fair amount of depth too. One thing I'd like to cover, though, is that some of the islands look really empty. Some more structures, such as planes, which was already mentioned above, could work really well considering the theme.

That's all. Looks great otherwise, though!

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    vezay likes this.
  6. Hey!
    This map looks stunning! I really like the texturing and the details of the map so far. As mentioned by some others, I would recommend adding some structures to the islands. So once again, great map!

Have a good day.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    vezay likes this.
  7. Looks decent. If the huge holes at mid are there to stay, not going to be a big fan of this map, mid should be easy and fun to fight in, not just a match of who can hit who into the void

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    Jango_55 and vezay like this.
  8. Hey!
    I really like your map! I think that the theme is neat and it looks really good! I do have a few brief suggestions however.

First, I think that the hallways around Mid may be problematic. I think that they may be a little to confining to move sufficiently around in, limiting possibilities in PvP, I would open them up, perhaps instead of them being solid walls with a corridor running in between there could be pillars. This way it's a more open concept and it doesn't quite limit the PvP as much.

The second suggestion I have would be with the slabs. Slabs can be awkward for placing blocks. Personally, I think that it could better if full blocks were used so that way block placement while being chased would be a lot smoother.

Overall, I think this map is really neat, and I can't wait to see the finished product!

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    vezay likes this.
  9. Heyo!

This map looks excellent! I really like the detail you put into the map! I love the terrain you did and how smooth it is as well! Though, there are some things you could improve on!

I really see one issue from the pictures which is how OPEN middle island is. There four huge holes in the middle which would be very bad for gameplay. Another thing is that middle island is so thin which is something bad for gameplay but other than that, I don't spot too many issues!

Excellent map! Hope to see it in testing!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    vezay likes this.
  10. I LOVE the map... the only suggestion I would make is make the holes in the center smaller or non-existent.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    vezay likes this.
  11. Wow, that looks AMAZING. I can tell you put a lot of effort into your build, and I would definitely like to see this implemented! Keep up the good work!

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    vezay likes this.