• 1899 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10337 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Small QoL improvement to game amplifiers.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by M3k_, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We all know that when there's a game amplifier active, players receive a message that says "click here to thank for the amplifier". Sometimes people click and receive their 15 shards, after some minutes the same message appears and makes players think that it's another amplifier but when they click there's a message that says that they have already thanked for the amplifier.

The idea is simple: stop showing the same message to people that have already thanked for the amplifier.
    I don't see any cons and players would be able to see only new amplifiers, making their chat cleaner and giving them less distractions while in-game.

The current system doesn't have big problems but when the same message repeats itself 4 times it can result a bit annoying.

I hope you take this idea into consideration, it shouldn't be a priority but the community would probably appreciate it.
    -M3k :)

Posted Aug 23, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 23, 2019
  2. Hi there!

I can see why this can be an issue, as I have encountered the same issue. As for what I think, it takes 2 seconds to click it and be reminded you have already collected your rewards. The QA team and the DEV team have other real bugs at the top of their list to fix before getting to small ones like this. Overall, +0.5 from me!

4G0

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    M3k_ likes this.
  3. I have never encountered this problem, except when checking older messages in chat. That being said, it sounds more like a bug to me than an intended feature. On the other hand, I haven't been playing on Mineplex for long since returning so the issue might have popped into existence with another update or bugfix.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  4. This doesn't seem too difficult to implement and I don't see why it wasn't.
    Although it probably isn't a priority.
    +1 seems simple and just nice for the QoL of mineplex

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    M3k_ likes this.
  5. I've never seen this issue before. Maybe it's a bug?

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  6. This would be really great!
    Even when I have used my own amplifiers through the Power Play Club I am still prompted every 15 or so minutes to thank myself and then told that I cannot.
    Nice QoL improvement +1 from me!

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    M3k_ likes this.
  7. Hey!

I think this would be a nice, simple addition to the server. From what I've noticed, it's only the amplifier of the game your currently playing that sends multiple messages. I've had this happen to me so many times, that I've begun to disregard amplifiers for the game I'm currently playing because I think that I've already thanked them even when I haven't. This ends up resulting in me not thanking that amplifier. This should be a fairly simple change, and I would love to see this implemented, so it's a +1 from me!

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    M3k_ likes this.
  8. I personally never encountered this problem unless I scroll up and click an older chat message, so I’m not sure how big of a problem this is. I can see the benefit of your solution but I’m not sure how difficult it would be to implement (development wise).. so I’m going for be neutral on this

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  9. Hey buddy,

I have noticed this myself multiple times when playing Skywars. I believe the second message says that the game you're playing now has 2x shards amplifier active. Something along those lines. I don't see any cons to the implementation of this change, it would make the chat a lot cleaner, and would be less of a distraction. The only thing that I would say is that there are higher priority issues that exist in the server that need fixing first, which I am sure you are aware of anyway. Thanks for bringing this up so the community can discuss it! Overall +1 from me!

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    M3k_ likes this.
  10. I agree. Showing the same amplifier message multiple times after thanking them can become quite a nuisance. In addition, it simply does not make sense to ask players who've already thanked amplifiers to thank them again. Although this is a small issue, I do not see any problems regarding this suggestion and would love to see this issue fixed. Overall, this idea would definitely make thanking amplifiers less of a distraction.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    M3k_ likes this.
  11. I've had this problem so many times and I agree that it's super annoying. It gets confusing because I always think it's a new amplifier, but it's just the game alerting me of the same one from before. I like that it now alerts you periodically that an amplifier is active instead of just when it's activated, but I agree that it should stop showing up once you have already thanked. At the least, it could still say that the amplifier is active but you've already thanked it before you click anything.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    M3k_ likes this.
  12. Hello there!
    I agree that this fix would be a nice Quality of Life improvement for the server! I have encountered this, like many others, and rarely I actually end up losing a game I may be in because of trying to click the amplifier that I have already thanked. I hope this gets implemented as it hopefully wouldn't be too difficult to solve, so it's a +1 from me, great idea!

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    M3k_ likes this.
  13. Hi!

I think this idea would be awesome! A lot of times, in really any game, I always see the Game Amplifiers. I usually stop, and click on the 'Click to Thank!' Sometimes, it says I already thanked the amplifier, and I lose the game. It sucks, so I think this idea would be awesome.

Thank you!
    -Knazamn

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    M3k_ likes this.
  14. Hello,
    I think this would be a great idea! I have experienced this problem countless times, and I never really understood why it was sending me the same one over and over. I think this would be a great, simple quality of life change that we would all benefit from. I cannot see any reason why this shouldn't be implemented or any problems it may cause. Thanks for bringing up this cool idea, its a +1 from me! Have a nice day!

Posted Aug 30, 2019
    M3k_ likes this.
  15. Hey, This is actually a bug.

The messages repeating in the chat is intended. It's only when you thank the amplifier that it shouldn't show up anymore. I spoke to one of our developers and he stated that it is something that he is aware of. I hope this clears up the confusion. I will be locking this thread. Feel free to message me if you have any questions or concerns!

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    M3k_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.