• 274 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8712 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Small skins on bedrock edition

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by meienwk, Sep 14, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alot of people have been using small skins or skins that do not show armor.
    These skins should be banned because they give a huge advantage(not being able to see the hitboxes,not being able to see armor,..)

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  2. this is a good idea, but the problem with it is that those skins are from the market place. For all you know they could be wearing the skin because they like it, not cause they want to take advantage of the game. Mineplex shouldn't ban any of the marletplace skins because some people won't be aware of it and get banned. As good as your idea is, since their from the marketplace I don't believe mineplex will do anything about it.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  3. This is like the fourth time somebody has complained about this lol, and mineplex refuses to do anything about it, they say that because the skins were made by minecraft, mineplex can't do anything.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  4. Like Sunny said Mineplex has no control over small skins. I think that it is fine to have an ewok skin and I see no problem in them.
    --- Post updated ---
    It is up to microsoft not mineplex.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  5. I stated what a staff member said.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  6. I still don’t understand how you see no problem with them, they show no armor, hitbox is an illusion, and can be abused in specific maps in microbattles. Again, you would never have these problems in a normal skin.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    CipSyrianS likes this.
  7. Please think about others point of view, not only yours.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  8. Small skin players tend to rely only on their skin so they don't bother getting good at PVP so in games such as gladiators hunger games bedwars, etc they aren't that big of a threat.in games like turf wars or one in the quiver they are really annoying but alot of the time they dont crouch so you can see gamer tag i find aiming at a point just below the tag and this works most of the time unless they're moving

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  9. I'm not sure if you know, but if you go to Forums > MCO/Bedrock Discussion, there are a couple of threads of players talking about the skins. These threads compose of players explaining how advantageous many of these small skins are and how they should be removed. If you actually read some of these posts, you can find out that other servers have solved this unfair problem. I highly recommend that you take a look at the opinions and views of others before shooting them down. Have a good day.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  10. I think that people need to understand that their opinions have been proven unsolvable because of microsoft. So it is not possible to remove them. Have a wonderful evening.
    --- Post updated ---
    You need to understand that it is a microsoft problem, and there is nothing Mineplex can do about it.
    --- Post updated ---
    Same goes for you

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  11. -snip- and -snip- have gottwn around these skins just fine...

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  12. Hey!
    There's been a lot of debate surrounding small skins and how they're within the rules. It's something I've noticed won't find closure, and has already brewed up again on this very thread.

I'm going to reiterate what I've said before: Small skins or skins lacking visibility are unfair, because it allows hiding to be easier and denies players the ability to choose their battle based off of a very important factor, armor; respectively.

Now, I would go further into length, but at the moment I think it's more important/useful to state that despite complaints, microsoft refuses to grant servers the opportunity to disallow small skins, or skins with other disadvantages. So overall, unfortunately it isn't relevant where you stand in this particular debate, or what side you oppose.

So, while I would love to delve further into this disagreement, but given what this thread is addressing, getting into a flame war wouldn't help. While others have pointed out Mineplex is helpless in this situation, I'm here more as a neutral player to say that - each side of this debate has said the same thing, but it hasn't sunk in for either.

Hope I could help explain!

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    Steven190 likes this.
  13. Lmao, I know that, and you know that i know that considering that you saw the post where i said that, which is literally this one. don't act like you know more than everyone. And i'm not going to waste my time arguing with you, you won't understand because you used this skin, and only see the advantage for yourself.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    scarlet ♥ and SpookVegetables like this.
  14. I heard there was this other server that replaced small skins with a default server skin when a player (with a small skin) joined the server. I wonder if Mineplex could do that too lol

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  15. No need to be rude, just stating facts that the staff team has been saying for the past year.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  16. And i'm doing the same, how's it rude if its the truth.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  17. But what I’m asking is why you think they are not an advantage, if they have issues that regular skins don’t have.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  18. Although I can understand how much it may seem as though having small skins provides an advantage, Mineplex has stated previously that it will not intervene in banning/preventing users from using these skins on our bedrock servers. As we are a partner with Minecraft and Microsoft, we will not be preventing users from using skins that have been produced and featured by Microsoft.

As the question/concern has been addressed and that the discussion is starting to veer away from the topic of the thread, I will be locking this thread now. Please let me know if you have any further questions as to why we will not be banning/preventing the usage of small skins on our bedrock server.

Thanks.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.