• 3040 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11478 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion So here me out for a second.

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Cagayan, Jun 26, 2019.

?

What do you think about it?

1. Love it!

2. Ehh, not so much.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The idea I have is...
    Skywars.
    wait don't leave yet let me elaborate.

In this game (or a version of the game), the basic rules of skywars are implemented. For this thread, there are 12 players. However, every game, one or two people will have a special power(s). An example would be having half a stack of enderpearls or a diamond chestplate. They people clearly have a big advantage, right? While these people have this advantage, the powerless players will get a book with numbers going from 1-12, with each number corresponding to a player. If someone can guess who the advantaged players are, then they are eliminated from the game. If no one guesses it, then the game is played as normal.

I'd love to hear all of your thoughts for this game!

-Cagayan

Posted Jun 26, 2019
  2. Yes, I agree with you. I hope more people hear about your thoughts for this game.

Posted Jun 26, 2019
    Cagayan likes this.
  3. Hey! I do agree about somehow getting the overpowered player a disadvantage in some way, but I just do not think this is the way. You see, let's say you are that overpowered player and you die because of it, well you can't do anything. Again I like the idea but I do not think that way is the right route to go. Also he/she had to work a little bit hard to get those items, so they do deserve them in a way. I look forward to seeing replies to this thread!

Posted Jun 26, 2019
    Cagayan likes this.
  4. What if the players with the disadvantage had knockback 1(maybe knockback 2 on bedrock considering how weird knockback is at the moment) on every sword they get during the game? I think that would balance this interesting looking game mode a little. Like others have said, I don't know how fair a guessing system really is to the overpowered player. I hate things based on luck, which is why I tell people I hate surprises. I believe that there should be a way to balance the game out for everyone else, and my knockback idea may not be the best, but I'd love to see what other people have to say.
    +1, contingent(I watch too much Shark Tank lol) on if you find a way to balance it out for the non-op players.

Posted Jun 26, 2019
    Cagayan likes this.
  5. I see where you are coming from, and I do like that idea of enchantments being added for every sword collected. With that being said, I do think the guessing system is a part of this game idea. Maybe instead of infinite chances, you only get one chance, and if you're wrong you get a punishment? This is only a game idea so far, so parts and mechanics of the game can and will be tweaked and changed.
    Thank you for your feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 27, 2019
  6. It’s a nice suggestion, but the thing is, I don’t know if it would be worth adding with such a little difference to regular skywars. Creating an entire new game with really only a couple minor differences would be a lot of work.

One possibility would be to update skywars with this feature, but I’m not sure how many people would want to see it implemented. Considering everyone would have the chance to guess who the mystery OP player is, it would be pretty likely someone would guess the correct person thus just making it normal skywars. If no one guessed the correct person, I think it would just be too OP overall. If you’re decent at the game, you could pretty much garuntee that you’re gonna win the actual game if you spawn with the OP items. So it’s just about luck then.

I like the idea above about giving everyone something at least somewhat OP at the start of the game to help balance it out. I think a good alternative to this might be a separate mode called OP skywars where the items in the chests are significantly better than regular skywars.

Nice suggestion overall, you definitely put effort into it. But I think I’m gonna give it a -1. Needs to be reworked.

Posted Jun 27, 2019
    Cagayan likes this.
  7. Hey,

I really think you bring up a cool game suggestion, but there are a couple reasons that this wouldn't be able to work. As you know, we already have our regular skywars mode and adding this would split players between the games, and since SW already struggles with numbers at times, it would be devastating for people who just wanted to play the game.

I know you didn't suggest this but I could see this work as a Weekend Brawl/Gem Fountain thing, but unfortunately, the suggestion to bring it back was ultimately denied without much discussion. It lost a lot of popularity and people stopped playing it, so they removed it. (link for reference)

Unfortunately, I can't see where this game would fit in any other space around the server without causing massive conflictions so I am going to give this idea a -1. Please keep up with the good ideas though.

Posted Jun 27, 2019
    Cagayan likes this.
  8. I wouldn't like this. First off, allowing a few players in a game to have OP stuff and their fate being decided by someone guessing a number would just cause players to rage quit. No one would want to have the OP gear or effects, simply because their entire life is at stake from someone's guessing, which is not cool. You should be in control of your own game, not someone else's.

Even if they don't correctly guess the OP player, then the OP player pretty much wins the game, making it very unbalanced. This would basically mean that it's just a guessing game. If you guess correctly, you have a shot at winning. If you guess incorrectly, you have a great chance of losing. If the OP player is still alive, players would most likely team up on that player because they have the best gear. The cross-teaming rule would be broken way too many times, making the game stressful to moderate.

I just don't think this is a game Mineplex would implement. Most games on Mineplex (if not all) are based upon skill, whether that be combat, drawing, or building. Having a guessing game would just make a dead game because no one wants to be eliminated due to a random guess.

Posted Jun 27, 2019
    Cagayan likes this.
  9. Yo!

I would love to see something new brought to Skywars, but I wouldn't want it to be a game of chance. I feel that if this were to be added many players would get frustrated as their success at the game would be determined by chance. Also, as previously stated by Snowwii, if we add too many additions to Skywars it could easily break up the community and cause games to have a difficult time starting up. Overall, I believe that it would be too difficult for the "guessing" players to win since they would have to win by chance instead of using different strategies and it could possibly split up the community.

Posted Jul 5, 2019
  10. What would happen if someone gets a random guess at the beginning of a round and gets killed off instantly? That would be insanely frustrating if it were me. It's just way too easy for the entire rest of the players to get an easy guess to the point where the overpowered player wouldn't even get a chance to play.

This idea needs some refining, but I think it could be a cool twist to Skywars.

Posted Jul 5, 2019
  11. Herro!

I don't like the idea of any RNG based games, so this is a big no for me. I really love skywars, and would love to see it be updated, however I don't think this is the way to do it. Any game that has a luck factor can become quickly frustrating and not fun, which leads to the game becoming unpopular soon after release.

For that reason, this gets a -1 from me. If you have any other skywars ideas you want to make threads about, I would love that as a skywars fan myself.

Posted Jul 6, 2019