• 407 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6532 Players Online
  • 6125 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

So I was in an Art Show

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by TheArrow'sShadow, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Hello! Something a little bit different this week :D

This past week has been really stressful for me, with the end of school and whatnot. Hey, I'm graduated now o-o
    That being said, I've taken art classes my entire life and high school was no different. At my school, if you take art classes through all four years you can take a class called senior studio your senior year, which is basically the final hurrah.
    At the end of the year, the senior studio class puts on an art show, which shows off the art that you've dont for the past four years and it kind of like the "Goodbye" to your art classes.

I'm gonna be honest I completely forgot about the art requests I'm supposed to be doing because of the show and how crazy everything was with "omg you're graduating" so I figured in place of the art request I would show off some of the art that I put in the show :D
    So, without further ado hereeee we go!

First up, we have my Intermediate Art works- these were done in Second year. I didn't include anything from Beginning art (First year) because I couldn't find any of it </3
    The first two are metals, made out of nickel and Copper.

[​IMG]
    "This is Your Brain on Math"
    Intermediate Art
    Metal Ring

[​IMG]
    "Coming for your Brand, Monstercat"
    Intermediate Art
    Metal Pin
    These next two are both clay, and I realized while making these that I hate working on a clay wheel haha
    I am very glad I got the opportunity to work with it though, you can't know until you try it right?

[​IMG]
    "It Dripped >:("
    Intermediate Art
    Clay Mug

[​IMG]
    "I Didn't Break This One"
    Intermediate Art
    Clay Bowl
    Next we have Advanced art- Third year works.
    This first one took probably an entire week to complete in total class time. We spent almost an entire quarter on this project. The shoes sold for 40 dollars :D

[​IMG]
    "Dude, Where're my Shoes?"
    Advanced Art
    Colored Pencils​

Next, we have more clay. I must say, I muuuch prefer sculpting with clay to anything else with clay. I also prefer it to working with wood, which we also did. This took probably the longest out of any project, we worked on it for a loooong time.
    Here it is when I finished the sculpting:

[​IMG]
    And here it is completed :D

[​IMG]
    "Say Hello to my Little Friend"
    Advanced Art
    Clay Sculpture
    Now I have one graphite drawing form my "Art X" Class- this was also taken Third year, but it was a different class than the standard art class that year. In this class we did a lot of non-traditional art (we carved owls out of wood and we build boats out of cardboard and raced them at the pool) But for the show I included this drawing as well, which was more standard/traditional art.

[​IMG]
    "Does this Count as Half Full?"
    Art X
    Graphite
    I did end up finding a picture of my boat before it got destroyed in the pool so I will include it, even though it wasn't in the show haha

[​IMG]
    "Boat, not Murder :D"
    Art X
    Cardboard
    Which brings us to Senior Studio- my Fourth year and final art class. I actually took two art classes this year, Senior Studio and Ad/graph (Advertising and Graphics) But I didn't include anything from Ad/Graph in the show that I can share here because it has my face in it haha

This year's Senior Studio was a lot different than past years because of COVID and unfortunately I didn't get to do as much as I would have liked, but it is what it is. I did a lot of digital art for this class, and a lot of you have already seen most of my stuff.
    The first project that we did was called "Artist trading cards." Basically we were all put into groups and designed a bunch of tiny little cardboard pieces. Then we got together (safely) and traded them. These are four of the best from my pile.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Oh Look, My Sleep Paralysis Demons"
    Senior Studio
    Sharpie on Cardboard
    One thing that the my school does is that there is a hallway filled with the faces of the Senior Studio students of the past. Basically every Senior Studio student gets a 12x12" square to designed their face however they want. Even though I am not going to reveal my true face of a while, I am comfortable sharing this piece because it looks ENOUGH like me but still not quite right. Don't go tracking me down now xP

[​IMG]
    "Faces in the Hall"
    Senior Studio
    Digital
    Lastly, we come to a close in the year. The Final thing that Senior Studio students do is paint a brick in one of the three art rooms (yeah, we have three art teachers dont question in) I chose to do mine in the 2D art teacher's room. I ended up doing a Zelda save-file screen and a motto I've had for a long time. The save files are kind of an Easter egg to those who have known me for the past four years, as each file has one of my different names on it. I've crossed out the bottom one because it is my legal deadname (Hi I'm transgender) and the Last names because I like not having everyone in the world know who I am haha
    This was the final goodbye to the art rooms and it was actually way more sad than I thought it was going to be. It's almost like you form bonds with the people that you spend four years with- crazy xD

Anyway this was my final school art project, enjoy!

[​IMG]
    "It's the End of the Line... Isn't It?"
    Senior Studio
    Acrylic
    These past four years have been a wild ride, and although I know none of the people at my school are going to see this, it was a pleasure causing havoc among and alongside you ^^

Art requests are returning next week :eyes:

Thanks for reading!

Posted Jun 6, 2021
    20LeeBrian1, Amg, QuikMiner and 6 others like this.
  2. Those are really amazing! High school has always been quite the journey, and where ever you end up, I hope to be with you on your journeys and adventures! Your art from the beginning of your high school to the end has shown how much you've developed and grown, and you never cease to amaze me Arrow. Keep up the good work :)

Posted Jun 6, 2021
  3. Wow

Posted Jun 6, 2021
    TheArrow'sShadow likes this.
  4. perfection. just perfection.

Posted Jun 6, 2021
    TheArrow'sShadow and Hubble like this.
  5. Wow all these art pieces look absolutely amazing! I can tell you are very passionate about art, and put a lot of effort into it. My favorites would have to be “Say hello to my little friend” and “Dude Where’re my shoes?” They are both very detailed and look very clean.
    Thanks for sharing! Can’t wait to see more.

Posted Jun 6, 2021
  6. heyy!

I wanna start off by saying, you are an amazing artist. Like wow. I can really tell that you put a lot of time into each piece because each piece is truly amazing. I remember how fun art shows were when I did Art/Photography. I really love the piece called "Dude, Where're my Shoes?" I love the detail that went into it! Keep up the great work! Hope to see more soon :D

Posted Jun 6, 2021
  7. I absolutely love these, wow! You're very talented and I can tell how much work goes into all of these. My favorite piece which I keep looking at is the "Dude, Where're my Shoes?" drawing, I'm just so amazed that you did that with colored pencil it is extremely detailed and looks almost like it could be a photo to me. I also really love the "I Didn't Break This One" bowl, the details on the side are really cool and I love the color you chose for it!

Your work is really awesome and I look forward to seeing your next pieces! :)

Posted Jun 7, 2021
    Hubble likes this.
  8. Gotta say, I always look forward to your art threads. These all turned out so nicely, I can't wait to see what else you do with your passion and how far it will take you.

Love the hard work and the turnouts for these, keep it up man!

Posted Jun 8, 2021
  9. Woww, all that art is amazing!! I especially like the graphite drawing because of the technique, I used to take sketching classes in school but that's way beyond what we were doing hahaha

Posted Jun 8, 2021
  10. Wow!! You’re unbelievably talented in a number of areas. I took a few art classes in high school (photography, metals, ceramics) but I’ve never made anything as amazing as these! Thank you so much for sharing these, it’s always a privilege to see your work:)

Posted Jun 8, 2021
  11. This is some very impressive artwork! I really enjoyed scrolling through this thread and looking at your progress, you can see clear improvement over time with the kind of products you created. I liked the different pieces you made too, there was more drawn artwork and then also some physical objects such as clay works. Great job with laying out the thread too - it's very easy to scroll through and see more information about specific pieces. Keep up the amazing work, you've done so well over these years!

Posted Jun 8, 2021
  12. Hey Arrow!

All I have to say is that I am SUPER impressed with all of your work that you brought to the art show. I think it is awesome that you do more than just drawing, like clay work, sculptures, etc. I also think the names of the pieces are super creative and very interesting. They all match the pieces that they belong with very well, especially the "boat, not murder :D" one. My favorite ones are probably the clay dragons. From what I know about clay, building things like that is super impressive, so great job! Thanks for sharing your work!

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  13. I love your glass half full drawing! The broken glass, all the different light marks, the intricate shading, it's beautiful. Very well done, definitely something that I would love to have on display.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  14. CONGRATULATIONS ON GRADUATING BATCHIE, I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!

I've said this in every art thread you've posted, but you truly have some amazing talent. It was nice to see your other art as well, as this just shows how truly versatile and talented you really are, and I'm proud to be able to see this. I really love the various forms of art, and I'm sure the people who saw it were impressed as well. I can't wait to see how you continue to improve as an artist, thanks for sharing this journey with us :)

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  15. Hey!

All of these different sets of art look spectacular! All of your art that you post never fails to impress me, and I really admire all of the detail and creative styles that you always use. The glass and the painting especially blew me away here, and I really am just amazed at the quality and the degree of creativity. I'd certainty love to see more in the future, and as always, thanks for sharing!

Posted Jun 13, 2021
  16. I totally did not forget about this thread no sir
    anyway~

Gonna paint a crow/turtle on the side of our house :D

Those both took veryyy long to make, I'm glad you like them :D

Thank you so much! Art shows are so much fun and I'm glad we got to do one this year. It was up in the air because of COVID precautions.

I really like adding details to things, I'm a big believe in Easter eggs so I'm glad you pointed out that you liked them, thank you for taking the time to do that!

It's awesome that you look forward to my threads! Thanks you for your support :D

Thank you! Before I started doing digital pencil and paper was always my favorite and it will always hold a special place in my heart :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 15, 2021
    Hubble likes this.
  17. Sooo I hit post before I responded to everyone oops

My high school didnt have a photography class, I wish we did though haha
    Thank you for your support! It means a lot :D

Improvement is always something I strive for, even if I do have slumps where I just want to do nothing. I'm really glad you pointed out that you could notice it because that makes me feel good about it, as I'm very hard on myself. Thank you!

Thank you! I was hoping someone would say somthing about the name tags because it was my favorite part if I'm being honest. I was ridiculous all through high school and liked to joke around with my teachers so I wanted my artwork names to reflect that. I think I did a good job on that front, I got a lot of comments about it at the actual show haha

Thank you so much! I was impressed with out that one turned out to be honest xD

THANK YOU BATCHIE
    I MADE IT HAHA
    Thank you for taking the time to write this! I'm glad so many people enjoy my art and I hope to keep posting :)

Heya! Thank you! It's awesome that you like my work! I will definitly be posting more :P

OP OP
  18. Sooo I hit post before I responded to everyone oops
    My high school didnt have a photography class, I wish we did though haha Thank you for your support! It means a lot :D
    Improvement is always something I strive for, even if I do have slumps where I just want to do nothing. I'm really glad you pointed out that you could notice it because that makes me feel good about it, as I'm very hard on myself. Thank you!
    Thank you! I was hoping someone would say somthing about the name tags because it was my favorite part if I'm being honest. I was ridiculous all through high school and liked to joke around with my teachers so I wanted my artwork names to reflect that. I think I did a good job on that front, I got a lot of comments about it at the actual show haha
    Thank you so much! I was impressed with out that one turned out to be honest xD
    THANK YOU BATCHIE I MADE IT HAHA Thank you for taking the time to write this! I'm glad so many people enjoy my art and I hope to keep posting :)
    Heya! Thank you! It's awesome that you like my work! I will definitly be posting more :P

OP OP