• 908 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3487 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

So whats easier for you? Duo's or Standard?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Dignited, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Well, I have more wins in Standards but for me duos is a lot easier, and thats why I'm going to duos Leaderboards (I need like 150 wins to reach #10), to play standards you need to have a good team, because even being good, you would take 15-20 minutes to win the game "alone", with randoms in your team, Well, when we get parties of 4, the game just get easy, we can win in 3-5 minutes, but I really prefer fighting sweats team. Most partys during standards just try to avoid other good people, for me that isn't really fun, I love games of 30 minutes when I'm fighting people that actually are good as me.
    In duos it's just easier because you can pearl islands from your island, and, if I'm alone (or with a random), I just have 2 people to beat, and not 4.

Posted Nov 2, 2019
  2. For me standart is easier and funnier

Posted Nov 2, 2019
  3. Both are fine because I just rush islands and kill everyone lol

Posted Nov 2, 2019
  4. By no means am I a CW god, but from my experience duos is more fun and easier to win. If you queue with the right people (players with experience or decent PvP skill), duos is much easier to win, as there team sizes are smaller so group fights are more predictable. You can also take teams by yourself much easier at the beginning of games, if you're good enough to outplay them. I feel like duos games are also shorter (in my opinion) for this reason, because you can get to other islands quicker and finish them off yourself, instead of needing a full team to rush an area.

Posted Nov 2, 2019
  5. For me, standard is generally easier. There are less teams which gives you a higher chance of winning. Also, you get to work with more people. If you work well with your teammates, you have a high chance of winning. I’d say the only disadvantage of standard is that you might not know everyone on your team well, which may make it harder to work with them.

In duos, usually there will be other teams with high level and experienced players, which makes the game tougher. Duos is still a fun gamemode if you want to play with one of your friends though.

Posted Nov 2, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 2, 2019
  6. Hey there!

I prefer Standard. This is because in duo queue, it's a little more difficult because there's usually only one player defending the cake, 2 if the players are defending their cake together. Standard is great because you usually have more than one of two players defending the cake unless your team is rushing other bases. It's more fun as well playing with 3 other people, as you could meet some great players.

Have a great rest of your day!

-SpookyJeremy

Posted Nov 2, 2019
  7. Hey!

I would say I prefer Standard much more than duos. I like Standard more because it's much more simple. I like not having to worry about 7 other teams that could get me at any time. I also don't like the map configuration on duos, it just looks and feels off to me, since I usually never play duos. (The maps look good, just feel weird. It's also less stressful to play and more enjoyable to me. Thanks for this post, I was actually pretty shocked with most responses, because I didn't think anyone else would respond with standard.

Posted Nov 2, 2019
  8. Hey!

This is an interesting thread! I think that I would go for duos if I have a friend to play with who is on the same level as me. It's important to know how the other player is playing to be a strong duo. I've always been playing duos in many different games, and have always admired the power of being a strong duo. Standard Cake Wars is very fun, but I feel like duos is a little bit harder, and that is why it's so fun. Competing with other duos is so much fun, unless you lose all the time, of course.

Posted Nov 3, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 3, 2019
  9. Standards is definitely easier :)

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  10. Standard, 100% because I am pretty trash at cakewars

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  11. Standard because I just go rush and get kills and I need a team to cover cake and defend it. If I play duos my team mate will get tired of doing nothing but defending and just leave.

Posted Nov 23, 2019
  12. From someone who only plays cakewars on bedrock (hates java bridging), I definitely like duos more. I can rush cakes way easier and at most, I’ll get a 1v2 which makes it much easier. Standard is more of teamwork while duos is more solo work. I definitely prefer a solo type playstyle.

Posted Nov 23, 2019
  13. i prefer playing in duos because always my teammates are trash and just stand there getting the emeralds/bricks to get a diamond armor while someone is literally eating the cake.

Posted Nov 23, 2019
  14. Well in duos people are closer and the middle is further there is almost always going to be that one team who goes for middle first, but it is also easier to lose on more than it is on standard because there are less people to protect cake so if you both leave your cake is unguarded but there’s normally 3-4 people on a team in standard so it’s easier.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  15. Heyo!

For me, I prefer standard Cake Wars as it requires more skill and in my opinion, it's a lot more fun. I love the teamwork aspect of it as well which makes the game challenging as you have to have good communication. Obviously I don’t mind duos at all, but I find standard a lot more fun! Awesome seeing others opinions about what they prefer and their reasoning.

Posted Dec 2, 2019,
    Last edited Jan 9, 2020
  16. I mean it really depends who I'm playing with and how good the communication is :P

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  17. Having a lot of standard wins, it would be easy for me to say standard is easier, but ultimately it depends on who I'm with.

If I solo queue standard then chances are I will get 1 if not more people who are fairly new at the game and don't know the best strats. This can make the game a little harder whereas solo queuing in duos means I only get 1 partner who may or may not know how to play.

If i queue in a party then both games become a lot easier, especially as it is a lot easier to communicate.

Duos is a lot for spread out and if I'm in a party with someone then we can talk and dominate the game whereas in standard the maps are a lot smaller so you have to pay more attention to each player.

Overall, I'd say standard is easier as playing in a party with other people makes the game a lot for more fun, less stressful and therefore, in my opinion, easier as 3 other people helping you out is very effective to win the game.

~ Zom

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  18. Hiya!

I love playing both Duos and Standard tbh. However you’ll more often than not find me playing on Standard all by myself because none of my friends are big CW fans.

I do much prefer Duos though. This is probably because of all of the memories it brings back of when I first started playing Cake Wars with one of my IRL friends. We didn’t have a clue of what we were doing but we decided we should just try it out. Our strategy was always to wander pearl to another one of the islands (Duos got more of those), abandon our own cake and just hide out on someone’s island. We just liked the rush that brought with it. With Standard it’s more difficult to do that because the maps are usually more open so there are less places to hide when you’re on your mission toward the island of your choice.

So yeah, Duos is best it’s just I have nobody to play with lol

Posted Dec 13, 2019
    Im_Ken likes this.
  19. Standard because there are less players, making it easier to rush.

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  20. Doesn't matter for me because I have that stupid invisibility glitch. So I win most of the time if I don't jump into the void

Posted Dec 18, 2019