• 722 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10875 Players Online
  • 10153 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

So whats the best way to practice in skywars

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by ImNotTails, Aug 9, 2020.

1. im not very good at skywars right now, so im wondering what the best way to practice for online is.

Posted Aug 9, 2020
  2. Hello,

I don’t play skywars too much, but the best way to practice is just playing the game more! Improving your pvp skills(cps, rod timings, blockhitting, strafing, etc), parkour, and bridging (speed bridging, ninja, breezily, etc) helps too. There is also a skywars tutorial which I found really useful, and is made by a youtuber named euhn. I would highly recommend watching it.

Have a nice day!

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  3. Like the user above me stated, the best way to improve your skill in a game is to simply play it a lot. You'll eventually get used to the different types of skills needed to win, and you'll win more often. If you want to get better at PvP specifically, you're probably going to want to master skills like strafing, and rodding that come up a lot in a competitive game like Skywars. I'm sure there are plenty of YouTube tutorials that teach you the basics, and I'm also sure that there are videos specifically for Mineplex Skywars and how to get better.

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  4. Skywars is really challenging for me too, and due to the new update. It's changed how I have to play since they removed selecting kits like the Ice, and Air kit and put them in chests. I relied on the Ice and Air Kit a lot but since they removed them from the beginning I had to change how I play and get better at PvP instead of relying on these kits

Skywars is something that is challenging to play because you go up against all players with different skill levels. Some can be god tier and easily kill you while others are less challenging and easier to kill. As the people said above, playing the mode a lot can help you improve your skills, find more tactics, improving things like the rodding, and bridging. If you need help with basic PVP like rodding and cps. You can also play against friends to try and improve a little bit however I recommend playing against other players.

Hope this helped in some way.

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  5. Heyoo!

I do like hearing that you want to improve. It took me not so long to get the hang of it since I adored pvp so much a little after I started playing minecraft. If you are really passionate I have belief that you will be the next master haha. It's easier said than done right? Find what works for you!
    There is sooo many styles of pvp it's endless. I can go on about many tactics but we would be here forever. Before you start with skywars, play PvP based games that we have a variety to choose from. Get your skills down by simply just being in a lobby and queueing for Gladiators if another player/friend is also queueing. You can use a rod, or don't player preference. You have a bow, people do get annoyed by it, but yet it's a pvp strat that won't fail you if you do it correctly.
    Cakewars is fun too! I do enjoy it sometimes, but it has it's strats. It's still good to practice on. Micro Battles is fun too, fast pace as well and can be fun to practice on. I used to play Micro Battles really long time ago to practice before my UHC matches! There are other games but these are pretty standard and good to play if you are just starting out/ want to improve! I wanted to make a special note for my favorite tactic that never fails me when I fight.
    My favorite... Strafing!! It's my go to when I don't have my rod or even a bow to combo someone in the fight. This involves using your keys that are across from each other, think about them as in pairs. (A and D) (W and S).
    Like xUmbreon said, youtube tutorials can do wonders (:

I see you want to improve on skywars. It's really different as you are in the sky and the bottom is void. Being fast pace is the trick in the game and going to the middle to find better gear/weapons. Bridging skills as well do wonders. If you are fast and can bridge quick, the more of a chance you have. The main thing about Skywars is playing cautious all the time as you never know who will hit you in the void. Don't bridge to fast! It can lead you to mess up and fall down to the void, happens to me way too often now haha.
    <3 If you have questions, ask away!

Posted Aug 10, 2020
    ItsMqrk, AyyNick and ilyLegend like this.
  6. Hey there!

I agree with everything that’s been said so far. I’m not a frequent Skywars player but I know that the only way to get better is to practice and then practice some more. If you’re struggling with PvP then perhaps practice combat against friends or do some gladiator battles in the Mineplex lobbies. Try using different tactics and strategies each time you play Skywars and see which ones have the best results. Also try out different kits and see which one works best with you. In the end, like with any game, you just have to practice and you’ll get better overtime.

Don’t give up! Practice makes perfect!

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  7. It looks like you've received a lot of really helpful feedback, so that's amazing to see! I agree with everyone else above, there are a number of different ways to improve your Skywars skills. Everyone is very different in their playing tactics, and that's a good thing. It means that we've all adapted to the game and found a method of gameplay that works best for us. Some people are better with using projectiles like rods and bows, while others may be more inclined to use swords. With most games, there's a more aggressive approach, and then a more passive approach. It's really up to you on how you decide to play, you could take the more aggressive approach and quickly rush to middle, get lots of gear, and try to kill as many people as you can. Perhaps instead, you'd like to take a more passive approach, where you stay at your island, try and collect materials, and slowly make your way to middle by the time half of the lobby has been eliminated. My advice to you is to try all types of strategies, try to be more passive one game, and aggressive the next. Find what works best for you, it can take time, so make sure to be patient. If you have some friends who would like to help you and they're Legend+ rank, they can open an MPS for you and then you guys can practice in there! I hope some of that advice helps, good luck finding the strategy that works for you, and remember, these things take time and practice.

Posted Aug 11, 2020
    ItsMqrk likes this.
  8. I would take some lessons from FreakingNick. He's a really good Skywars player

Posted Aug 11, 2020
    reaLLytired and ilyLegend like this.
  9. I played it a lot in the past and I can only say that playing it a lot will improve your skills like some people said above.

I was winning most of the games or at least in the top 3 when I played all day long, it's a proven fact.

Posted Aug 11, 2020
  10. don't worry no one else has skill in the game. I recommend just rushing mid with nothing but blocks as the stuff before mid is all useless compared to people that go to mid first. after that just pearl rush people that are closest to mid or at mid for ez kills and dubs

Posted Aug 16, 2020