• 325 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2409 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned SOLO CAKEWARS

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Itsfede19, Jul 18, 2019.

?

will we ever see cakewars solo?

Poll closed Aug 7, 2019.
  1. Yes! i like it

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No beacuse...

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know it has been rejected many times, but now I think it's possible!
    WHY?

Here are my reasons to put them:
    -
    As I think we all noticed, mineplex on java has greatly increased player count, so the problem of splitting the community I think is solved (beacuse cakewars have 200/300 + players)
    -Many staffers will say that the cakewars are made for teams, that everyone in their team has a role, but if you think this then no minigame would have the solo mode? for example the bedwars or skywars, I think it is very easy to manage the beacons and the cake, also because the solo mode would be more competitive and founded pvp gamemode!
    -As I think it was noticed, MANY players here on the forums have asked for cakewars solo, so if it's something the community wants, why not do it?
    I hope I was clear and soon see a single mode! : D
    Thanks for reading!

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  2. I would like to see this implemented in the future, I don't enjoy playing with others as much as I enjoy playing by myself as I don't feel bad for stealing the resources from the generators. I think this feature would be a great addition to the server and I'm hoping to see it added at some point. Thanks for the post!

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    Wrappingz likes this.
  3. I think Solo Cakewars would be a great addition to Mineplex. I can't imagine it would be too difficult to implement in terms of coding (I have never tried coding plugins so I wouldn't know, but correct me if I am wrong).

I feel like if Solo Cakewars was added it would definitely attract a lot of 'hardcore' players making it a very competitive game mode which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Would help to practice and build skill.

Nonetheless I think this is a great idea, hopefully, we get a response from an Admin+ to see if this idea could move forward.

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    CIumsy likes this.
  4. I'd love to see a solo cake wars added, however the chances of seeing this implemented is incredibly low.

The main reason for this is splitting up the already low playerbase across three cakewars types ( standard, duos and solo) just doesn't make sense.

Maybe one day in the future, but definitely not anytime soon.

~ Zom

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  5. Hey!

So I overall like this idea, but I think it has some flaws. For one, your base is very vulnerable. The point of making Cakewars a team-based game is so that someone players can stay defending their base while others capture beacons, kill others, and eat cakes. This would be a very difficult thing to do just by yourself. This makes it especially easy with the use of Enderpearls and Polly the Sheep. With those two things you can be in and out of a base within seconds, all while the defender is out doing one of the things a person attacking would normally do. I think multitasking would be an extra challenge and I like that. I feel that if your going to play Solo Cakewars that would be something you would have to expect.

Great Idea!
    ~Nick

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  6. Heyo,
    I personally don't like this idea and I don't think it'll be accepted any time soon. There's been various posts regarding this topic and just to make you understand the leadership team will deny this idea due to the reason that many players might not play it. I agree with you that the Java has grown since summer, however when summer is over many players wont be as active. This will be a waste of developer resources as for it'll become dead in a few months or weeks. Here's two ideas that have got denied in the past: Idea 1 and Idea 2.

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  7. Hey there!
    I think that while this is a great idea, there isn't a chance in seeing it anytime soon. Solo Cakewars has been suggested over and over again. I'm sure others have already said this, but the idea has been denied for the same reason every time: It would split the CW playerbase up. Perhaps once Mineplex has a larger playerbase, we could see this idea possibly come to fruition. I just know that right now it isn't possible to see this idea implemented. In my opinion, I'd love to see a solo Cake Wars. The game is already pretty fun with its Duos/Fours set up. I think that adding Solo would only add to this variety. Perhaps we'll see it one day, but right now it's not possible.

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  8. Personally I would really like to see Cake Wars Solo, however as stated above this idea has been denied in the past and likely will not be accepted in the future. The main reason for this is because this would split the Cake Wars playerbase. The playerbase is fine as it is and I don't think it's a good idea to risk splitting it. Another thing; I don't see this gamemode being all that popular. From what I can see, people play Cake Wars with the intent of playing with friends, so I'm sure that there wouldn't be a lot of players playing solo.

While I do think this is a pretty good idea by itself, in the long run I don't think it would be very successful.

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  9. What friends?

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  10. Yo! Many of you know the answer to this and ill get straight to the point. Solo Cake Wars is not happening. The playerbase has definitely increased a bit in the past months due to summer break but that isn’t enough for us to implement another gamemode for Cake Wars. It’s the fact that adding a whole another gamemode to Cake Wars will split up the playerbase/community. Less games will fill up as often. LT has previously denied the idea of adding a solo gamemode to Cake Wars given the reason that I’ve stated. Here’s my explanation on another thread regarding the same idea:

This has been discussed and has unfortunately been denied along with many other ideas suggesting the same thing. The reasoning being that adding another gamemode to almost any game on the network (Cake Wars in this case) could split up the playerbase/community. As of right now, this wouldn’t be a smart move for a couple of reasons. Adding this would prevent games from filling up as often, would increase camping, etc. To me, Cake Wars is a Team game. It’s very competitive in many ways and the game simply doesn’t work as well if you’re by yourself. You work together with your teammates to defend and attack other teams. Even if we tried this out, we can’t really predict what will happen exactly but it’ll most likely split up the playerbase. We don’t have any intentions of replacing Duos with Solos as well.

Here are some other threads that have been denied with the same idea:
    TL;DR This idea has been discussed and denied in the past. The reasoning is that adding another gamemode would split up and divide the existing playerbase.

I hope this thoroughly explains why we cannot add another gamemode to Cake Wars right now. Thank you for sharing your idea.

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    jxcb, hazeae24 and ATruePitato like this.
  11. Has a point, some of us doesn't have friends which makes it very annoying. I often play Skywars solos because of the lack of friends. I never play cake wars cause I don't like playing with these people I never know, I can't trust my cake with an enemy so why should I trust it with a random person. +1 on CW solos

Posted Jul 18, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 18, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  12. Sorry, but our Ideas Team has already repeatedly denied further variants of Cake Wars due to population concerns. @Shaiym's post perfectly surmises our teams reasons for disinterest in more versions of Cake Wars, and I doubt that our networks standing will change in the future. We'll notify our community if our interest in the gamemode changes, but for now it's a hard "no" from me.

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  13. but if it's something the community wants, why not do it?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 19, 2019
  14. It is clear that this idea is something that the community wants to see implemented; however, the drawbacks of adding a Solo mode to Cake Wars can hurt the server. Shaiym's post summarised exactly why this wouldn't be a good move, one of the biggest reasons being the player base being split and games starting less frequently. If the player count was higher, then this idea may be considered. As of now, however, this is not going to be implemented in the near future.

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  15. It has been rejected many times by the Ideas Team for good reason. Here is one example with a short explanation why.
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/solo-cakewars.54176/#post-186945
    Yes, it has been asked for many times, but it would split up the player count and CakeWars seems better suited as a team game.
    First things first, yes. You are correct, Java has increased in player count, but that is due to summer break. If this was implemented just because of the increase in player count for these summer months, it'd be a waste in development time when school started again.

Next, the main server with bedwars has a much bigger player count and can afford to have a solo. Not only this, but the gameplay is different to CakeWars in many ways. Skywars is a completely different game to cakewars and having a solo skywars makes sense with the game mechanics.

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  16. Yo!

As stated by many of the lovely users above, Solo Cake Wars is something that has been asked since the initial release of Cake Wars, but it is not happening. Shaiym did a wonderful job explaining why the game is not planned and links several solo CW threads over the past year in the following quote:

Adding more Cake Wars gamemodes would divide the community and cause most games to not start. We are focusing on projects that will be successful for Mineplex as a whole in the long term instead of investing our resources into games that will only do well during its initial release. If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns regarding your idea or my response to it, feel free to PM me!

Thread Locked - Not Planned
    Idea was previously denied by LT

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    EwMikey, nolawn and ATruePitato like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.