• 2309 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10747 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Some Benefits of Being on Mineplex Bestrock!

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by xailia, Aug 5, 2019.

?

Do you like Bedrock!

1. Yes! Bedrock = Bestrock!

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. Lately, I've seen some hate for the Bedrock counterpart of Mineplex, some people even refer to it as "Badrock" So here are some reasons I personally like Bedrock and the positive sides!

1. Cross-Platform
    I can play with my friends on Xbox, Switch, Pocket Edition, Windows 10, etc. This is great for me because my entire friend group is on Bedrock and not on java because they all prefer the console version.

2. Adorable pets!
    I don't know about you guys, but I love dogs, and Bedrock has a Chow Chow pet, a Corgi, and Pug! Most of Java's pets are the cute normal Minecraft mobs, still fun, but nice to see some variety!

3. Positivity and Quiet
    Since it's easier to type on Java, a lot of people chat and it can make it hard to play your game in peace and quiet! In bedrock, people don't chat as much, and when they do, it's to quote vines, revenge, or to simply wish people good luck! I think in my time on bedrock I've encountered 3 negative people and all three apologized.

4. Simplicity
    A lot of games on Java are complex and require strategy. I personally like that and competitiveness, but some people like to play just for fun, and Bedrock is perfect for that! Everyone can have fun, and the games are simplified a little bit compared to their Java counterparts so it's quick and fun!

5. Housing
    Love roleplay, parkour, or just building? Creating housing allows that for everyone! You can try different parkours and your imagination is the limit! It really inspires me to see what people come up with in housing that I would never think of.

6. Hacking is significantly reduced!
    I don't know what it is about bedrock, but there isn't a lot of hacking. Maybe it's harder? I don't know because I don't have the skill to hack, and it generally makes the games more enjoyable!

I hope this post changes your mind or makes up your mind about bedrock. Think of what it has to offer beforehand. I hope to see you on!

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    ImFirewalker likes this.
  2. I like bedrock edition, yes. I've played bedrock edition since january 2016 starting on a mobile device I had gotten for Christmas then moving to pc in 2017. I got Windows 10 edition and I think I played mineplex but I have no solid memorys from that time. I only got java in May and I'm still figuring things out. While I understand bedrock better and I enjoy the games, I like more of a challenge and Tbh I love observing hackers for fun (I know I'm weird, thank you). I don't hate bedrock still, I grew up with it age 9 - now! (Unless I did my math wrong, I'm currently 12). Bedrock is better to me from my understanding of it, tho I'm getting into java! Both are equal with their own downsides of things. I also just have a lot of friends on bedrock! (Non offline but still).

Posted Aug 5, 2019
  3. I kinda like it.. but chats dead. Server is laggy. Not like Java. Java is my home, never played bedrock much. Cool pets, ranks should stay the same >:P .
    Skskkssk
    My thoughts..

Posted Aug 5, 2019
  4. I really can’t give a detailed opinion on Bedrock as I’ve never been to the platform. However, the idea of cross platforms makes bedrock really strong in my opinion as Windows PCs alongside with Xbox can play together. I don’t like the coin currency mechanism however, since you are paying for items like skins when in Java that’s not the case. Additionally, the chat in Bedrock, I’ve heard, is essentially mute and their is little interaction. It may be just me, but the people on Java just seem to make the experience on Mineplex much more fun and interactive. 50/50 on my end.

Posted Aug 6, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 6, 2019
  5. Idk, most of your points are mostly opinions from one side instead of things that all players can agree on enjoying.

Like I know most people (at least all my friends that play a Bedrock) don’t care for the pets on Bedrock. Everyone being quiet makes the place seem dead imo. Almost all the “simple” games on Bedrock can be played on Java.

The only thing that I’d really say that’s good about Bedrock is the cross compatibility and more players. There are so many negatives about Bedrock that outweigh the positives.

Bows and arrows function weirdly, no one takes knockback thus taking the skill out of melee fights, a lot more bugs and glitches, if you’re on Windows 10, you can’t hold down right click to place blocks (when bridging, but Bedrock has this stupid feature where you can just right click the empty space in front of the block to place it), skins can effect gameplay, Bedrock rarely gets updates.

It also seems like Bedrock is very limited when it comes to coding, at least compared to Java. Sometimes, the cross compatibility can also be restrictive as you have to make sure new content easy to use on all platforms so fun games like SSM (something that players have requested for on Bedrock) just don’t seem possible due to how it would be almost impossible for Mobile players and probably console players to play.

The only reason why I play Bedrock, really, is because my friends only have Bedrock (got it for free somehow). But they are definitely looking into getting Java.

Posted Aug 6, 2019
  6. Bedrock has a big problem with hackers. (one of the hacks is a simple fix). The cross playform is awesome in bedrock. It allows you to play whenever. A lot of people say skins effect gameplay but that's not true. It is very annoying to see people using the small skins, but their hitbox is the same. Just aim in the same area and they will still take damage.

Posted Aug 6, 2019
  7. Heyo!

I actually want to get into bedrock more in the future as I haven’t had much experience with it before. I have Windows 10 edition but just never really play it cause I usually stick to Java. However, I have noticed a lot of the perks and cool features associated with bedrock that aren’t in Java as you pointed out so that’s always been something I wanted to invest in a little more. I love the amount of activity we have on bedrock as well, it usually has 3-5 thousand more players then Java does throughout the day so the community vibe in bedrock is really strong. I also really love the housing element of bedrock as that’s something I’ve always wished Java had, I actually built a house on my bedrock island lol but that’s about as much progress that I’ve made. I definitely agree with this post though that bedrock is underrated in a lot of areas and shouldn’t be overlooked or considered less than compared to Java. Great post and have a blessed day everyone!

Posted Aug 6, 2019
    SpikeCreates likes this.
  8. Hitbox isn’t the only thing that affects gameplay. Not knowing what armor someone has and visibility are both related to gameplay.

Posted Aug 6, 2019
  9. I have java but I prefer bedrock I like how it allows cross platform, very unique skins and hacking and toxic players are significantly reduced

Posted Aug 6, 2019
  10. 3. The chat is a bit too quiet

4.Games are simple, but that doesn’t mean that they require less strategy, this is especially true for mobile players who are facing windows 10 players.

6. So either this is just me, or hacking for some reason is actually becoming a lot more popular. Played 5 games of cakewars, 3/5 games there were hackers in them

Posted Aug 6, 2019
  11. Hey there.

I'm going to give out my thoughts and opinions on each point you've stated in your wonderful thread.

1. Cross-platform

This is one of the points that make me dislike the bedrock server. While I love the fact you can play with your friends together no matter what platform you are on is amazing in bedrock as general, but when it comes to competitive places such as mini-game servers it can create a lot of issues. The best scenario for this case is touch control user playing against keyboard and mouse user. The touch control user has very limited options of movement while keyboard users can easily perform actions that are very hard or near impossible to do on touch controls so they gain a high advantage over touch users.

2. Custom pets

I'm pretty okay with these as I don't have much to say about them. If people want them, they can buy them and enjoy them. I do like the fact that all credit from green monkey pet does go to charity though.

3. Friendlier chat

I can say that this is true as from most of my experience on the bedrock server I have encountered almost next to zero negativity or toxicity coming from players. I do assume this is because bedrock has much younger players than java does. And it makes life easier for both players and staff members.

4. simpler code

While having simpler coded games helps the players to easily understand/learn how to play them, it also limits how much stuff can be added. While bedrock has options to make stuff that's impossible in java edition (such as the bedrock pets you've mentioned earlier) it also lacks options to make stuff that's very easy to do in java edition as well.

5. Housing

Can't say that much about this one as I've never played it before but it seems like a cool server exclusive thing to have.

6. Hacking is reduced.

While I agree with you that there are many fewer hackers than on java, hacking is also very different on bedrock at the same time. For example, you can give yourself a sword with extremely high enchantment levels which isn't possible at all in java. The anti-cheat in bedrock is also greatly reduced to the point where it can only kick and is unable to ban.

These are my thoughts and opinions on your points for bedrock. While I don't hate the bedrock server and I think it's a great network idea, I still would stick rather to java if I had to choose between the two.

Have a wonderful day.

Posted Aug 6, 2019
    doeo likes this.
  12. Hey!
    I agree with you, the bedrock platform is absolutely amazing. When I first started playing Bedrock, it was like being first introduced to both Mineplex and Minecraft all over again. I love the unique games, the adorable pets and the friendly community, it's such an amazing platform. Thank you for making this and shining some light on the amazing side of the network.

Posted Aug 6, 2019
    Sunny / Slash likes this.
  13. Heyoo!

So, I personally like Java better than bedrock, not throwing hate towards Bedrock, but Java just fits me more. It has more games to play, and some of the games I love on Java aren't on Bedrock, another thing is if I play on Bedrock, I would play on switch, but I would have to buy it for $20, when I already bought Minecraft on Java. I saw that you said that chat is quieter on Bedrock and that's it's more peaceful, but I love connecting with the community and it's way easier to type on Java, so I can connect with the community faster, as typing on Java is way faster than Bedrock according to what you're saying. Regarding what you said about reduced toxicity in chat and reduced hacking, as a staff member it's our job to punish the rule breakers, so honestly, I don't worry about that too much.

Anyway, you brought up some great points! I think this will really help players see what the Bedrock servers are like! I really like how Bedrock has a pug pet, as a pug is like my favorite dog breed! c:

~Cheers!
    -SpikeCreates

Posted Aug 6, 2019
    Klobby likes this.