• 581 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9019 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Some Nano Games

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by ItzCqnadian, Jul 23, 2019.

1. I haven't made a map for any of the nano games before, so I went ahead and tried to make one for a few. I have two completed maps and one that is about 80% finished.

The first one is called Alchemy, it is for Copy Cat. This was a fun quick build, and here are the pictures -> https://imgur.com/a/0WFbmB4

The second one is called Sol, it is for Gladiators. I wanted to try different block pallets here, and I think it looks pretty decent. Here are the pictures -> https://imgur.com/a/5bM99cg

The last one is the one I'm still working on. It's called Ember Mountains, and it is for Colour Swap. For this one, I finally set up a server host to get voxel sniper, which made terraforming SO much easier. I just need to make the world downloadable, which I need to figure out how do still Here are the pictures of what I got so far -> https://imgur.com/a/kans3Ec

As always, hope you all like it! :)

Posted Jul 23, 2019
    AppleFTW likes this.
  2. These are some very nice builds. In my opinion, they look like they could be in the NANO games map rotations.

I would say my least favorite build is Alchemy, and even then, I only have small issues with this map. The back wall looks very witchcraft-like, however, I don't see as much detail on the side walls. Though each side has a different combination of brew stands, cauldrons, and cobwebs, they look a little more symmetric than I'd like a witchcraft-themed build such as this one to look like. The opposite wood beams with the exact same item frames and empty bottles in them add to the symmetric feel of the sidewalls, but I think an easy fix would be to put different potions in those item frames and perhaps change the position/number of the frames so the beams are not carbon copies of each other. Aside from this small issue with the build, I love both the floor and the ceiling. The floor is not overly-complicated with block variance and whatnot, but it is not bland either. Additionally, the red rug is a nice touch to the floor. Then, my favorite part of this build is the cathedral ceiling with the purple stained glass windows and the dual chandeliers. The fence posts added to the inside of the ceiling are another nice touch; they provide a tasteful rustic feel to the build.

Compared to Alchemy, I don't have as much to say about Sol and Ember Mountain besides that I think they would make great maps in NANO. From what I can see from the screenshots, Sol appears to be a very playable map for gladiators. The arena is not too large (one of my personal Gladiators pet peeves), and there are no obstacles on the map to stall fighting (another of my pet peeves). The subtle peaks and troughs of the arena look to me to be perfect for PvP. Aside from the gameplay of this map, I love the aesthetics of this map, especially the carved-in sun. Very nice job on that.

Ember mountain is a pretty build, and it was a great choice to have one of the volcanoes mid-eruption. My only critique is that the lava--at least in my opinion--is not as realistic as it could be, as I feel it needs a tinge of orange to get the ideal coloring. I'm not sure that netherrack alone is able to portray flowing lava.

I hope at least some of this feedback can be of use to you, and once again, great job with these builds :)

Posted Aug 5, 2019
  3. *Editing your name where you have the Builder rank*

Are you sure you are only Legend rank? These builds are AMAZING!
    I love all the builds, right amount of detail, not overwhelming. Can we build a map together? I suck at building. Maybe we can try making a map together, and I get better at building. owo

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  4. Very nice building and the detail that you've added to this is very good. All of the buildings that you've shown us are very good and have a good ammount of detail but not too much for it to be overwhelming. Personally out of the three different submissions that you've shown us my favorite one would have to be the Gladiator arena. You didn't make it too big and overwhelming and you used the perfect ammount of detail for it to look very good, amazing job!

Posted Aug 28, 2019