• 1902 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6072 Players Online
  • 4170 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Some Trainess/Mods aren't following the ban guidelines

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by GrassBlocker, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, so my friend just got banned for doing something even though he wasn't actually with a mod in game, the mod only joined after the game ended and then banned him. This means that mods/trainess trust a select few players who tell them who is cheating, and they just ban without even checking if that player is actually cheating (probably because mods trust those players and know they won't lie). But this is very wrong and I think mods/trainess should only ban if they see the cheater themselves, not if a friend of theirs says someone is cheating.

Posted May 24, 2019
  2. You know that /vanish is a thing, right?
    Like, I doubt any staff member would risk going through a demotion for something so silly. They most likely joined while vanished and unvanished after they dealt with the situation.
    But yes, they HAVE TO spectate the suspect, no matter who reports it (unless it’s a forum report).

Posted May 24, 2019
  3. Like @coralines said, staff members can vanish so that potential cheaters or rule-breakers don’t know that they’re being watched. This way, they won’t stop cheating to avoid a punishment only when the staff member is in the game. Every staff member is required to spectate rule breakers, and cannot ban based on speculation from other players. The trainee/mod also has to have evidence for their punishment, and if that player appeals, the staff member wouldn’t have evidence and could face consequences. If you are positive that a staff member is abusing their rank, you can provide evidence and make a ticket here, but this is likely just a misunderstanding of the vanish feature.

Posted May 24, 2019
  4. Yea, that's not how the staff team and moderation works on our server. Cora and Glam did describe that staff do have /vanish. In some cases it may not necessarily be "spectating" though, the staff member could have just seen them while not vanished. Also keep in mind that Mod+ don't need evidence for gameplay and sev 3 hacking bans, but they 100% always have to have seen the rule being broken, vanished or unvanished. You're free to look at our evidence requirements (this is the Mod+ public evidence policy). I will also tell you that under no circumstances are staff allowed to just ban or mute off of what players say, an investigation always goes underway before anything, As glam said above, please submit a support ticket with evidence if you believe a staff member is not following anything I said above or they're abusing their power.

You're free to message me with questions or concerns. I'll be locking this as it's been addressed.

Posted May 24, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.