• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Sort Posts by Most Liked

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Crazyy_Tim, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Hi everybody!

This is a small change that I would really like to see implemented on the forums. I think there should be an option for when you are viewing your own posts to sort them by most liked. As a pretty active forum user, I would be very interested to know what my most liked post is and I'm sure many other people would be as well. Let me know what you think!

Edit: Please also note that you will be able to toggle between recent posts and liked posts.

Posted Jan 17, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 17, 2020
    _Prof_, Korben, saltyfishhy and 2 others like this.
  2. I agree with this idea. I think there should also be an option to sort the threads you made by most replies.

Posted Jan 17, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim and Korben like this.
  3. yes to both ideas! I would love to see my most liked post!

Posted Jan 17, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  4. A simple but nice idea. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to implement. I'm actually kinda curious about what my most liked post is too.

Posted Jan 17, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  5. Hey! This is an interesting idea, however I will have to say no to this. I like that the posts are sorted by most recent as it is easier to find things. I do not think sorting posts by likes would work because what if the post is 30 days old and it has 100 likes? There is no point because then no one would be able to comment and share their ideas if the thread is too old. Sorry, but -1 from me, thanks for suggesting this!

Posted Jan 17, 2020
  6. Hello!

This is seemingly an interesting idea. At first, I thought it was a pretty good idea, but however there are some faults. Say a post that was posted 5 weeks ago gets 23 or so likes and has the highest likes out of any post. People then think it was just post it and go to view it, only to discover it was posted over a month ago. I think this might encourage necro-posting and therefore start issues. Plus, there isn’t really any value in sorting it by most likes, since however many likes it has isn’t really important, and doesn’t necessarily mean the post is important. Thanks for suggesting this, but I don’t think it should be added, -1.

Posted Jan 17, 2020
  7. Honestly, I don’t see anything wrong with this idea. Although it could potentially encourage Necro Posting like @xGetRektedx said, it shouldn’t be much of a problem as the date of the post is clearly displayed. Additionally, on all old threads there is a warning saying something along the lines of “This post is over 2 months old” and tells you not to necro post. That being said, I really don’t see this being a problem.

I think you should have two options:

1. Sort by most recent
    2. Sort by most liked

I feel like this could not only give active users a way to look at their most popular post, but it would also give that same user or even potentially other users ideas on how they can improve their posts and give better feedback or more insightful replies. I think that this idea would only serve to benefit the website and I see no reason as to why I should disagree with it!
    +1

Posted Jan 17, 2020
    xGetRektedx and Korben like this.
  8. The postings section on your profile should be like a YouTube playlist, having the ability to order off of a specific attribute. I support most likes because it can serve as feedback to players on what kind of posts did well and how to improve on them. They should not stress too much about likes as then that makes them seem greedy, but instead, do it out of a warm heart. To add onto this idea, some other sequences that should be implemented to view posts should be oldest, longest, and shortest.

This suggestion should not confiscate too much time from the developers either but is probably at the bottom of their priorities as they have several other plaguing issues on the network to address. Problems like GWEN and the inconsistency of updates should be remedied first.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Jan 17, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  9. Sorry, I should have made this clearer in the original post but you will be able to toggle between liked posts and recent posts. I’ve now edited my post to make that clear, thanks for the feedback! Also, I don’t see how this would encourage necro posting as there is a big red warning box on posts over 30 days saying that if you post on the thread you may be warned for necro posting.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 17, 2020
  10. Hey, Tim!

I really like the idea of having a way to view your posts sorting by most liked, as I just think that would be pretty cool. It seems something that the website developers could easily do, and I hope to see this added in the near future!

+1

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim and _Prof_ like this.