• 820 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12186 Players Online
  • 11366 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Spectators in Block Hunt

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by Thunderer4215, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Players can very easily ghost in block hunt by using a friend or an alternate account. Players can join during the game, to ghost. They can also use /spec to ghost. Remove this, it will make the game so much better.

Posted Jan 27, 2019
  2. Hi!

Ghosting is a 1st time warning and 2nd time mute in these games:

Skywars
    Bridges
    Minestrike
    Survival Games
    Wither Assault
    Block Hunt
    Cake Wars

Not punishable in MPS'

Removing the opportunity to spectate games doesn't seem viable as it would remove needed functionality of the game. Instead, you can report them on mineplex.com/reports if you have sufficient evidence. Mineplex mods try to do all they can to stop ghosting when possible.

Hope this answered your question!

Posted Jan 27, 2019
  3. I wouldn't say ghosting is a big issue in BH. It's quite rare to see someone use an alt account to help them find the last remaining people, most of the time hunters are able to win legitimately. Imo, the biggest issue atm is esp/tracers/prop-esp hackers. Since there isn't much you can't do about them, they have been proliferating for a while now.
    Anyway, I don't think blocking the spectator mode in BH would be of any use, as ghosting is a very minor issue in the game.

Posted Jan 27, 2019
  4. "2nd time offense is a mute" that doesn't do much if it is your alt on your pc.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 27, 2019
  5. Posted Jan 27, 2019
  6. That the stops the alt account from ghosting anymore.

Posted Jan 27, 2019
  7. Hey there. I don't think removing the ability to spectate block hunt would be a great idea as I feel that it is a vital part of the game. It is a great way to learn the hunters strategy and try to adapt to it by hiding in other places. I do feel your frustration though, but I just didn't think that removing the ability to spectate would be a great solution. Instead, you can submit a player report at www.mineplex.com/reports in order to punish the player who is ghosting. Again, I feel your frustration, and I don't appreciate people ghosting, but I still don't feel like this is a great solution, unfortunately. If you're going to be reporting a player which is ghosting, please read through the reporting guide in order to understand how the reporting process works and to report the player as efficiently as possible. I hope you have a great day!

Posted Jan 27, 2019
    Callum5771 likes this.

8. If you run the alt on the same computer as your other account, you have no need to send messages in chat, since you can use your eyes. The mute, therefore, does nothing.

-

As for this, see I like the social aspect of being able to join games and chat and watch. But I agree being able to spectate does enable people to break the rules and ghost. What solution could there be? Maybe disable /tp and the teleport compass while in block hunt idk

Posted Jan 27, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  9. I dont think u see my point. If its YOUR ALT. You see it on YOUR SCREEN. IT doesnt need to talk.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 27, 2019
  10. I don't agree with removing the removal of mid-game joining. Report them here, StaffRequest, or /report in-game because you have eternal. If mid-game joining was removed, that prevents staff from coming to ban any cheaters suspected, opening the gates for them. Using an alternate account to ghost isn't really punishable unless you self-report. You'd need 100% evidence to get them punished.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Jan 27, 2019
  11. I feel like this argument could be applied to almost all of the games on our server. I just don't believe removing spectator mode is something that should happen. I know a lot players, including myself, that sometimes just like to casually spectate games and talk to friends or other players in the game. I would hate to ruin this aspect of our server for everyone because a small few abused the privilege. Personally, I also haven't seen this as a huge issue within the community. As already stated, if spectators are alerting live players of where others are in chat, they will receive a warning or mute. You are free to report these players at https://www.mineplex.com/reports if you encounter them. Unfortunately, outside of chat, we can't really control how our players communicate. I feel like F3 + B is more of an issue than people using spectator mode to find players.

Posted Feb 1, 2019
  12. Hey!

I disagree with this idea. As stated by @_H2O , this could be applied to almost every game on Mineplex. I personally don't think ghosting is a big issue on Mineplex, and I don't think Block Hunt ghosting is that common. Most of the time that people are ghosting, they are talking in a discord voice chat, so there isn't really much that Mineplex can do about it. But I would recommend reporting anyone you see ghosting at https://www.mineplex.com/reports. Overall, I understand what you mean and I understand the frustration that comes with ghosting, but there is no point in getting rid of /spec for all players, due to some players who ghost.

Posted Feb 1, 2019