• 540 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5571 Players Online
  • 5031 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Speed Builders (but even more casual)

Discussion in 'Speed Builders' started by GH05T, Sep 27, 2020.

?

do you want this?

1. yeah!

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. only if you change some things

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I had this idea last year and basically no one liked it. But in the last 2 months I saw a lot of ideas for different gamemodes of speedbuilders and from what I can tell they got a lot of support or positive feedback. So I'm going to share my idea once again for a more casual type of speed builders but this time, I've changed a couple things.

What's casual speed builders?
    A more relaxed version of speed builders that gives newer players a chance to get used to the build and it helps other players get more practice on builds that they have trouble with.

Rounds
    There are 10 rounds and no one gets eliminated. The timer stays at 40 seconds for each build so it doesn't get shorter as more rounds pass. (the builds that add on 10 extra seconds will still do the extra time)

You get a specific number of points based on what percent you get- 10 points for 100%, 9 points for 90%, 8 points for 80%... you figure out the rest. AND the person who is the first to finish a build will get 1 extra point! yay!

Why this idea was rejected last time
    A lot of people said that the playerbase for speedbuilders was too small for this to have enough people. Well guess what? There are way more people that play this now than there was last year so now it has a better chance of people playing it. Another issue was the concern of getting ties-- In my opinion, ties are okay, but I decided to give that extra point to the first person to complete a build because I think that will decrease the number of ties for first place.

Alternate version
    There are points and the game never ends. It is just a continuous version of speedbuilders that you can hop in and out of whenever you like. It's like the most casual that speedbuilders can get. It's really just a practice mode and it functions just like the version of speedbuilders I said above^^^ except that in this one there are no eliminations and the game never ends. That's it.

I can't wait to see your feedback! If you have any questions, please post them below or DM me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
  2. Hey GH05T!

This idea is super cool!! I've never thought of anything like this before, but I really like it. This is excellent for new Speed Builder players because the only way to practice the builds is by playing the game, and sometimes that doesn't always work out. This can also be great for players who already play Speed Builders to get to know and be familiar with new builds. When I first started Speed Builders, this would have been great to have. It'd still be great now because half the time, I don't even know what I'm doing in the game, haha. In my opinion, I think the Alternate version of Speed Builders would be better suited for Mineplex, so I'm going to talk about that (both ideas are great though!) I feel like the regular version of Casual Speed Builders is too similar to the actual Speed Builders game, and for that main reason, I like the alternate version better. I don't think the alternate version will disrupt the player count in the game at all, as you said above. Since you mentioned this would be a continuous game, kind of like NANO, there can be any number of players in the Server (with a max probably) at a time. For example, if only one or two players were playing Casual Speed Builders, it won't even come close to disrupting the player count of the actual game, if that makes sense. I also feel like some rewards would nice to have in this version, too, like something similar to the points in the regular Casual Speed Builders. The percentage of the build you get right depends on how many rewards you acquire, or something like that. Anyway, overall I really like both ideas, but I feel like the alternate version would be a better option of the two. I hope to see this one day at Mineplex because I'll definitely start playing Speed Builders more. Thanks for sharing! +1

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    Zyta (Zayta) and GH05T like this.
  3. Hey! I'm having mixed opinions on this idea here, I'm someone who has been tryharding speed builders for a few months now and I don't think this is an idea that many players need. I got the hang of the builds pretty quickly and I think most people did too. It's just one of those games you have to practice a lot in order to master. In fact I think sometimes there is too much time given for build time. This practice mode you are proposing could be added to most games on the network so I don't think it would be a great idea to dedicated a practice mode to speed builders only. I understand players have trouble mastering the builds sometimes but with practice comes perfect! So they shouldn't get too stressed out about it. Sadly I'll have to give the idea a -1 because of these reasons:
    1. Most players won't need a speed builders practice mode
    2. It would be unfair to only implement this to speed builders
    3. Dev time could be more useful elsewhere (fixing bugs,etc)

Posted Oct 7, 2020
    GH05T likes this.
  4. Hey!

I play speed builders a decent amount. I really like this idea and think it could work well.

I'd also like to give my opinion on the following things:

1. It's not a practice mode of speed builders, it's a reformed version that's a bit fairer to new players. I notice a lot of people checking out speed builders, but since they don't really know the builds they will rarely make it past the 2nd or 3rd round.
    2. How so?
    3. So gamemodes shouldn't be added? I'm a bit confused on this one haha. I get your point on dev time being a priority, but this game would be pretty neat imo.

I actually think this casual speed builders game mode would be more enjoyable than the current version. +1 :)

Posted Oct 7, 2020
    GH05T likes this.