• 560 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4869 Players Online
  • 4309 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Speed Builders Duos

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Omega4643, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Basically just speed builders but with teams. The game size would be ~16 players with 8 teams of 2 and have the same style of speed builders but with larger builds such as 9x9 or 11x11. Another way to make duos more viable without needing to increase the size would be reducing the time limit on builds while still using the old builds or there could be two separate builds that players need to complete to make it easier to teams to cooperate while still having an advantage to having a teammate.

Posted Jan 25, 2021
  2. Hey there!

I personally love the idea a lot for many different reasons. I do think that this would be a really fun thing to implement and would draw the attraction of many. However, if I am recalling correctly, this idea has been denied before in the past by Game Insights.

Posted Jan 25, 2021
  3. Hey there!

As a Speed Builders Player with almost 1000 wins, I'm going to go ahead and give this post a -1

First of all, Speed Builders is about memorizing a build, then rebuilding the build exactly as it was as quickly as possible. Pretty Straight forward.

There's a lot of key components left out of this thread for it to even consider a "duos" mode for Speed Builders such as the following:

- How will blocks be divided between both players?
    - Players will likely get in each others' ways instead of being helpful, how can we ensure that players will help each other instead of hinder each other?
    - New Builds would be needed, and bigger builds will inherently need more time, not less time, regardless of double the hands, especially if your team mate is a hinderance instead of a help.

Overall, the list could go on and on, but at the end of the day, I think that while the idea is unique and could shake up the game a bit, it ultimately has a lot of downfall to it instead of positive features.

Best,
    ~Hub

Posted Jan 25, 2021
    RainbowUnicornGM, zapig and Amg like this.
  4. Hey there Omega!

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to make this thread and suggest this idea! Unfortunately, I disagree with this idea. While it is undeniable that Speed Builders is a very popular game that is liked by the community, I wouldn't foresee Duos being player's go to choice. I agree with some of the reasons that @Hubble has provided above in regards to why the game most likely wouldn't work out/some important components that are worth considering while discussing the possibility of implementing Duos.

• I feel that this is a good question, if not the most important, to consider if they were to implement a Duos. So, how would blocks be divided? - Personally, I feel that the blocks would have to be evenly divided between both players. Even then, I think it may be too complicated. As for time, I would most certainly agree with Hubble. The time would need to be increased to allow the players to communicate and finish the bigger builds.
    • I absolutely agree with this. New builds would need to be implemented. Assuming that the blocks would be divided evenly, I think the builds would have to be symmetrical. In other words, you build one half of the build, and your teammate builds the other.
    • What if the teammate leaves? Will the remaining teammate then be playing solo Speed Builders? Essentially, I find that this would put a player at a major disadvantage with the consideration of bigger builds being implemented.
    Overall I do like the approach to this idea, however I feel that the current mechanics of the game would be too difficult in a Duos game mode. The mechanics, along with the builds would have to be altered to make this idea work in my opinion. Again, thank you so much for this idea suggestion, but I unfortunately disagree with this idea.

Posted Jan 25, 2021
  5. usnless you're playing in a party, theres a good chance that the others will just greif or hinder, so i just dont think it will work. i think my friend @zapig will have some other comments to make as hes experienced with this game.

Posted Jan 25, 2021
    Kight and zapig like this.
  6. Hey,
    As @Hubble and @Amg have already said, this idea would probably have to be changed heavily from the current solo version to actually work. On the bedrock version of the game, there's a glitch where it is possible for two players to be on the same island, and most of the time, one of them gets in the way of the other. Theoretically, if you were given the middle row, and each person only had to memorize a max of a 3 by 7 by 7 volume, that may work, but along with those above, I just don't see it happening. -1 from me, but I appreciate the idea.

Posted Jan 25, 2021
  7. Can someone mark this thread with "implemented" tag?
    P.S. This is a joke.

Posted Jan 25, 2021