• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5286 Players Online
  • 5286 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Speed Builders Tournament! | Summer 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by EmmaLie, Jun 16, 2022.

1. [​IMG]

Hello everyone and welcome to our very first official Speed Builders tournament! In the past, our tournaments have been centered around team-based PVP but we've decided to change things up by giving the spotlight to Speed Builders! For those of you who aren't familiar with the game, it's all about memorizing structures and building them as fast as you can. Community Management and the SB community are so excited to host this unique tournament for you all to enjoy. It'll be jam-packed with prizes, collaboration and of course, a celebration event to end off the tournament on a high note. If you're interested in participating, keep reading! We hope to see you all soon!

Schedule

Thursday, June 16th - Registration begins!

Thursday, June 23nd - Registration closes.

Monday, June 27th - Matches begin!

The length of the tournament will be dependent on the number of competitors, but each round is expected to last for, at most, one week.

Structure

The Speed Builders Competitive League uses a 1v1, double-elimination bracket. Players will remain in the main bracket as long as they continue winning matches. After your first loss, you will be moved to a second bracket where you'll continue to compete against other players who lost a match. If you're eliminated from this second bracket, you are no longer in the tournament. But if you win all of your matches, you'll earn a spot back in the main bracket for the finals.

Each match will last for 20 builds. Tournament staff will add together the amount of time it takes each player to complete each build. The player with the lowest total time at the end of the match wins. If a player is unable to complete a build before time runs out, this will count as a DNF and they will automatically lose the match.

However, since a whopping 600 new builds were added to the game quite recently, this tournament will use only the original 330 builds from the game's release. That's a mere 16% of the builds currently in the game -- much less to remember. We hope that this decision encourages both old and brand new players to participate!

Registration

To sign up for the tournament, you must first fill out this form. Then, you must join the SBCL Discord server which will be linked in the google form.

All matches will be scheduled and hosted through this Discord server, but you are not required to join voice chats to compete.

Match Scheduling

At the start of each round, tournament hosts will publish a list of available game times. Players will be added to a private text channel with their opponent where they can discuss their availability. Once a time has been agreed upon, both players will add a Discord reaction to the time slot they'd like to claim and the spot will be reserved. Hosts will send further information and ping you once the match time arrives!

If a player fails to communicate their availability in a given window, they will automatically forfeit their match. If you have any issues with scheduling, you should inform a tournament host immediately.

1st Place

• Exclusive MCL Cosmetics set (as shown here)
    • Rank Upgrade*
    • "Speediest Builderizer" title
    • 75k Shards
    • 4 Omega Chests

2nd Place

• Color Splash Cosmetics Set
    • Rank Upgrade
    • 50k Shards
    • 3 Omega Chests

3rd Place

• Hashtag Weapon Name
    • Rank Upgrade
    • 25k Shards
    • 2 Omega Chests

4th Place

• Rank Upgrade
    • 25k Shards
    • 2 Omega Chests

Semifinalist (5th-8th Place)

• 25k Shards
    • 2 Omega Chests

*For players with Eternal or Immortal, the Rank Upgrade will become a free 3 months of Immortal.

• Do not use any hacks or unapproved mods
    • Do not sign up on more than one account
    • Do not lend your account to someone else to play for you
    • Be kind and a good sport to the others
    • All Mineplex rules apply

This tournament was organized in partnership between Community Management and the Speed Builders community.

For any questions or concerns, contact Kaiven (Kaiven#7615), punkband (punkband#0015), or a CoM member.

Posted Jun 16, 2022
  2. Can't wait to get this started!

Posted Jun 16, 2022
  3. So excited for this!

Posted Jun 16, 2022
    Harrry and EmmaLie like this.
  4. I am excited about this! This sounds like fun.

Posted Jun 16, 2022
    flowtides and Harrry like this.
  5. I suck at speed builders but I'm gonna try my best :happyt3:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 16, 2022
    Harrry, FoxWinters and LostShrimp13 like this.
  6. need clans update

Posted Jun 16, 2022
  7. we can cheat our way to the finals right B)

Posted Jun 16, 2022
    EmmaLie likes this.
  8. Time to show the world my building skills, or lack of.
    Looking forward to it, should be a blast!

Posted Jun 16, 2022
    WalkOverYou likes this.
  9. Super excited :))))

Posted Jun 16, 2022
  10. they'll never catch us :gwen:

OP OP
    MiningCreeper likes this.
  11. I'm pretty mad Mineplex favors Java all the time.

Posted Jun 16, 2022
    Wolveszq likes this.
  12. It's not like we want to host on only Java but we're extremely limited on resources to be able to pull off events like these on our bedrock server. If it was up to me, we'd have the same resources on both platforms, but unfortunately, it isn't my decision. I understand the frustration though because it's also frustrating for us not being able to host the same events on Bedrock.

OP OP
  13. I'm glad mineplex is still doing community events! I will make sure to participate in this event.

Posted Jun 17, 2022
    Niqhtys likes this.
  14. exciting!! :) Best of luck to those participating!! Hope I get to see a few of the games :)

Posted Jun 19, 2022
    Kaiven and WalkOverYou like this.
  15. Going to take a shot and I hope not to get terrible destroyed by all the tryhards :sigils:

Best of luck everyone!

Posted Jun 19, 2022
    WalkOverYou likes this.
  16. This is the first one of these after all these years?

Posted Jun 20, 2022
  17. Yes! This is our very first official Speed Builders tournament. In the past, we've mainly focused on Cakewars, Champions & Bridges so we're stepping outside of the box and shining the spotlight on Speed Builders!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 20, 2022
    BlazeFire likes this.
  18. Sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck to everyone participating in the tournament!

Posted Jun 20, 2022